RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 10)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:59 am

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:There actually has been new info, just no translation to be found yet. Seems to be about relationships, battles and city management.
Some characters have domestic and battle portraits and the number of cities has been increased to 60.

Considering they seemed to keep removing cities from IX and on, I think the increase is a promising sign. The dual portraits is also a nice touch and makes sense for people who did a lot of work both domestically and on the field like Cao Cao or Lu Xun.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TVL » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Kinda forgot, here're some informations regarding the game
No battlefield/duel/debate/city management related informations tho:
#ROTKXIII will have 60 cities, up 150% from XII's 40. Also there will be more than 700 generals in-game.

Prominent characters like Liu Bei will have multiple portraits in #ROTKXIII
1 Political Young
2 Battle Young
3 Political Old
4 Battle Old

In overall, about 60 prominent characters will have multiple portraits in #ROTKXIII

Cities in #ROTKXIII will develop into different visuals depending on the construction policies
TVL
Master

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:03 pm

To add on to TVL, the recent wave of info (august 6th) states that (note that im getting this info from a korean translated version and thus may or may not be true

- Over 700 generals, the most in the series' history. All generals will be playable

- 60 cities, and cities get bigger as you grow them and diversify in looks(visually)

- Alongside natives, other powers will be in the game (i'm assuming Xiongnu, Wuhuan those guys)

- Over a hundred colonies will be available to conquer. I believe by colonies they might mean what they did in X, with special locations outside cities

- The battle system is rumored be like NA: Sphere of Influence, with everything happening in one map (like XI). You can use tactics once battles get big enough

- True events (like in X) have been greatly enhanced and there are a great many more of them

- A visual way of showing a general's relationship with others will be introduced
- Going off on that relationships will change over time, (ie a yellow line was created at a demo when two officers fought each other at a demo)

- Current development about 65% finished

- There will be a campaign mode where you advance as you clear stages (like X and XI)

- Apparently one of the main producers of the game is very new to Koei and has school, it is very likely that the ppl who created Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi are also working on this game

- http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/characters.html
Some pictures of variation between ppl

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/concept.html
- A lot of screenshots, some showing cities, battles, and the relationship visual i talked about
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks! Sounds interesting.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Jebusrocks wrote:The battle system is rumored be like NA: Sphere of Influence, with everything happening in one map (like XI). You can use tactics once battles get big enough

Yes! The closer this is to XI the better.

Jebusrocks wrote:it is very likely that the ppl who created Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi are also working on this game

No...

I like that Lü Bu has a "political" portrait. :)

I really hope this game gets a North American release.
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:27 am

Thank you for the information, Jebus! I appreciate your time and effort.

It's sounding relatively good, actually. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

..Oh no, I fell into the Sonic the Hedgehog circle of death! :lol:
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:04 am

So like a bigger and better version of 10? Darn it! Now I am getting excited, I do this every time :lol:
Now I am hyped up gonna be further to fall if it stinks :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:54 am

Heh, Lu Bu has a sword on his belt in his "political" portrait.

Looks like the game is real time instead of turn based as some of the screenshots have what look like stop, go, and fast forward buttons. Not entirely sure how battles are going to work since we see battle screenshots are listing overall troop numbers and not just for each unit.

Looking at the map, looks like some of the cities Wu owned that were removed are back.

Kong Wen wrote:I really hope this game gets a North American release.

Some time ago I believe someone posted a quote from a Koei representative who said Nobunaga's Ambitions sales on steam will probably effect whether ROTK XIII makes it over.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am

I think then the 'new' general play they were talking about is probably just solely focusing on battles?
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Gray Riders wrote:Heh, Lu Bu has a sword on his belt in his "political" portrait.

Looks like the game is real time instead of turn based as some of the screenshots have what look like stop, go, and fast forward buttons. Not entirely sure how battles are going to work since we see battle screenshots are listing overall troop numbers and not just for each unit.

It certainly sounds like the "one map" / battle system is going to be similar to RTK XI, and I don't see why it wouldn't be if they can leverage that technology again. Basically turn-based in the Baldur's Gate sense, where you pause, give orders, and then "play"—you can stop at any time to readjust tactics.

The troop count for individual units could just be hidden until you look at them, reflected at a glance by the "size" of the unit.

Gray Riders wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I really hope this game gets a North American release.

Some time ago I believe someone posted a quote from a Koei representative who said Nobunaga's Ambitions sales on steam will probably effect whether ROTK XIII makes it over.

Yeah, but that's common marketing speak ("buy our stuff!") and hard to quantify. I'm buying Nobunaga's Ambition regardless, but let's not kid ourselves: it's not going to sell well.
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms