RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 10)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I wonder if the games are similar this time around and that's why we'll see a double whammy.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby lcklasman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:49 am

I am not the biggest RoTK game fan myself, but if it comes out in the US I may buy it just to try it out. DW 8: Empires has kind of taken over my life at the moment though so we will have to see.
lcklasman
Initiate

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 am

lcklasman wrote:I am not the biggest RoTK game fan myself, but if it comes out in the US I may buy it just to try it out. DW 8: Empires has kind of taken over my life at the moment though so we will have to see.

No worries, the very earliest this game will come to the US would be late next year I believe. Even in the best of times ROTK games are in Japan for around a year before they come out here.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:11 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Well, while I am not the biggest fan of Nobunaga's Ambition, if ROTK is dependent on it's sales, I guess I can pick it up. I would rather get it on PC, hopefully that is an option in the US.

I have neither the desire or wealth to buy two games when I only want one.

I get that Koei is gonna use it as a benchmark, but I would hope their sales/marketing/whatever department knows to rely on more than just sales of game X to determine if game Y will sell. But I have little faith in Koei these days. :?
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:02 am

Bush Leagues wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Well, while I am not the biggest fan of Nobunaga's Ambition, if ROTK is dependent on it's sales, I guess I can pick it up. I would rather get it on PC, hopefully that is an option in the US.

I have neither the desire or wealth to buy two games when I only want one.

I get that Koei is gonna use it as a benchmark, but I would hope their sales/marketing/whatever department knows to rely on more than just sales of game X to determine if game Y will sell. But I have little faith in Koei these days. :?

the ROTK and NA games cater to a very niche audience, they most likely assume that fans of one naturally buy the other. So they probably believe that if NA sells well ROTK will sell well also. I don't as I have purchased a total of 2 Nobunaga's Ambition games in my life, the first one on NES which I loved, and one of the PS2 ones which I hated. At the same time my first ROTK game I bought was 7, then proceeded to buy 8, 9, 10, and 11. To be honest the only way I will buy the newest Nobunaga's Ambition is if it comes out on PC in the US. Mainly so I can use Cheat Engine and cheat. If it only comes out on consoles I will probably pass and hope for the best.

Also I know that ROTK 13 won't be as good as I wish it to be. I always hype myself up for these games and I am always at least a bit disappointed. It is a vicious cycle.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Also I know that ROTK 13 won't be as good as I wish it to be. I always hype myself up for these games and I am always at least a bit disappointed. It is a vicious cycle.

Not unlike fans of Sonic the Hedgehog. The negative side of being a big fan of something. As wonderful as the highs are, the lows are just as bad in the other direction.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby lcklasman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Bush Leagues wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Also I know that ROTK 13 won't be as good as I wish it to be. I always hype myself up for these games and I am always at least a bit disappointed. It is a vicious cycle.

Not unlike fans of Sonic the Hedgehog. The negative side of being a big fan of something. As wonderful as the highs are, the lows are just as bad in the other direction.

Just how I was after playing dynasty warriors 5 to 6. It hurts man. It hurts.
lcklasman
Initiate

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:25 am

To be honest the big thing I am waiting for about RoTK 13 is clarification on the "officer mode" I want to know if I can truly play as different ranks or if it is some kind of skirmish mode where you can take control over a general and try to win a battle that they won or lost.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:34 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:To be honest the big thing I am waiting for about RoTK 13 is clarification on the "officer mode" I want to know if I can truly play as different ranks or if it is some kind of skirmish mode where you can take control over a general and try to win a battle that they won or lost.

Considering ROTK XII, it might be the second, honestly. That seems kind of in the trend they've been doing, from what I see.

Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby DragonAtma » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:36 am

E3 is June 16-18; we'll likely hear some news on rotk13, especially since it's out only six months afterwards.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms