RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby rymrgand » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:03 am

Zyzyfer wrote:There isn't anything explicit for arranging marriages between other people (major oversight). If you want to roleplay it out or "have requirements" behind it, you can make an event. But if you just want to marry two specific people, you're better off just hacking it in with the editor.

Hi, I just finished my most recent playthrough and was wondering about creating an Event for future plays, could you elaborate on how I would go about doing this, please? I've looked and I'm struggling to get working.
rymrgand
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Hmm making events is really hard to explain, it's better to see what someone else out there has put together first. It's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of things but the initial learning curve is a bit high.

Maybe check on the Koei Warriors board? I think there is a thread there where people posted their custom events.

Edit - check here maybe?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:02 am

So I picked this game up again as I can never stray long from my Romance games. Started in the YTR as a free officer in Lou Yang. As I was going through the Patriot free officer path I gave Cao Cao a hand farming and he took interest in me. Kept his interest peaked while exploiting the discussion option and got the quest to become friends. Used his friendship to marry 3 of his daughters and added comrades to my band such as Ji Ling.

When He Jin fell and Dong Zhou took control I marched my private Army to Wu. Took out Bandits there then accepted the rule of the city.

Built the city up and Expanded south. Built up my milatary and at that time Sun Ce went to serve Yuan Shu and he ran to Runan. Forged an alliance with Yuan Shu, and started expanding west. Started tussles with Liu Biao. However at the same time Sun Ce gave a Declaration of Independence and Liu Biao asked for a ceasefire. Knowing I can’t keep Sun Ce in check while expanding west I took the ceasefire and went at Sin Ce with my full force. The following results were:

Sun Ce’s Army was destroyed before it could gain any traction, and now followed under my flag strengthening my army giving me 10 times the talent I had before and giving me all of Wu as a result.

Next I worked on getting loyalty out of them until the ceasefire with Liu Biao ended. My army having a year to rest up and grow we expanded a campaign into Jing province. Lead by my created leader and Sun Ce we stomped into Jing taking it all within 3 months of endless battle recruiting the whole of Liu Biao’s takent to us.

We have a ceasefire with Liu Zhang about to end in 6 months and our next goal is Shu. In the North Cao Cao is being Cao Cao and has taken the central plains. Yuan Shao is in the North holding steady, and Ma Teng is in the North West and has expanded up to Chang An. Zhang Lu is also still kicking around but that’s all that’s left.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby agga » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 pm

TasteKnuckles wrote:We have a ceasefire with Liu Zhang about to end in 6 months and our next goal is Shu. In the North Cao Cao is being Cao Cao and has taken the central plains. Yuan Shao is in the North holding steady, and Ma Teng is in the North West and has expanded up to Chang An. Zhang Lu is also still kicking around but that’s all that’s left.

one good way to go would be to keep the Liu Zhang ceasefire going for a long time, and then go in and take Shangyong, Hanzhong and Chang'an, and the rest of Xi Bei. Shu is really hard to use for long campaigns, but if you have Xibei and Hanzhong and Chang'an, could really help to launch invasions of the Central Plains... worry about Shu later, it's a pushover but a time waster..
造反有理!
agga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:16 pm

So my game came to a close very quickly this morning. I did what you suggested this morning going through Han Zhong to take Shu. Did that easy enough meanwhile Cao Cao squared off against Yuan Shao. While those two were killing each other Ma Teng attacked Cao Cao from the rear mopping him up as his army was up north killing Yuan Shao. While those three all killed each other off I then attacked Ma Teng’s rear from Shu and sent a second army from Wu and took out in one swoop a weekend Cao Cao, Ma Teng, and Yuan Shao. That left just the Shi Xie and myself. He surrendered without a fight.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 am

Man, this game is so good at being so bad sometimes...

My army attacks Cao Cao's Luoyang from Changan and nearby western cities. He sends hordes of troops for a defense, while Liu Cong decides to attack my Xiangyang. I mobilize some Jingnan and Yi armies to defend, and take a few cities down in Jing in the process while my Changan squad fights over that gate west of Luoyang. The battle goes on for a while, and starts to swing in Cao Cao's favor, so I send the southern groups on up to Xuchang to attempt to alleviate some pressure.

Xuchang falls with little resistance. A few units at the gate are forced to disperse. But still the battle rages on. So I take Chenliu.

Still nothing.

This kept repeating itself, to the point where I had captured several Central Plains cities and even Cao Cao's capital in Ye. My Changan team was too weakened to take Luoyang in the end. But Cao Cao lost 60% of his troops.

I was trying to have an epic war here, so I'm not even happy about it. Dumb game.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:Man, this game is so good at being so bad sometimes...

My army attacks Cao Cao's Luoyang from Changan and nearby western cities. He sends hordes of troops for a defense, while Liu Cong decides to attack my Xiangyang. I mobilize some Jingnan and Yi armies to defend, and take a few cities down in Jing in the process while my Changan squad fights over that gate west of Luoyang. The battle goes on for a while, and starts to swing in Cao Cao's favor, so I send the southern groups on up to Xuchang to attempt to alleviate some pressure.

Xuchang falls with little resistance. A few units at the gate are forced to disperse. But still the battle rages on. So I take Chenliu.

Still nothing.

This kept repeating itself, to the point where I had captured several Central Plains cities and even Cao Cao's capital in Ye. My Changan team was too weakened to take Luoyang in the end. But Cao Cao lost 60% of his troops.

I was trying to have an epic war here, so I'm not even happy about it. Dumb game.

I can't even get my ruler to do a dang thing without deploying troops and taking things myself. I've put lots of hours in this game, only because I can't get the other ones in English with PUK, so I'm trying to bear it but jeez... Sometimes I just shut it off out of frustration and boredom.
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Unread postby agga » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:39 pm

PeanutButterToast wrote:I can't even get my ruler to do a dang thing without deploying troops and taking things myself.

It feels like the game does this on purpose, making outside rulers more aggressive and making your own more passive. To stimulate you to action, maybe?

Whenever I play as an officer, either I am aiming to break off or make it to viceroy - or I take the idiot ruler as a challenge. Be as proactive as possible about leading armies out, or setting up ceasefires and alliances. I went through a game this winter as Jia Xu starting in 184; spent like 20 years with Dong Zhuo, who was *awful* - he was eventually chased out of Xibei by He Jin and into Shu - which he only had because of Jia Xu's foresight. But Jia Xu ensured the defense of northern Shu for long enough, and kept up a long alliance with He Jin's other enemies (keeping the idiotic attack runs at a minimum). It was even necessary to spend time in the Ambassador (or whatever) prestige because I had to set up alliances *between other rulers*, and then break others down. For 20 years that was a serious diplomacy game!

But when the time was right (i.e. when Jia Xu became viceroy and Dong Zhuo died, replaced by... his daughter, Jia Xu's wife!), Jia Xu finally led a serious campaign, taking the south and the central plains in like 10 years. Then another 10 years of struggle with what remained, and that was it. 40 years, that was the longest game of XIII I've done.

The idiot AI ruler I think made that game so much better (or I am a glutton for punishment)...
造反有理!
agga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rincewind » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 am

Apologies if this has been answered, haven't had time to search the forum yet, Has anyone found a way to significantly mod rotk13? I'm mostly looking to mess with the chances of duels happening but I haven't been able to find any info on if koei had released any modding tools or if any breakthroughs had been made for English speakers. I did recently pick up the ultimate whatever dlc and that has been an improvement but I still have yet to find a thread anywhere with a how to, asfar as modding goes. Thanks sorry again if this has been asked already.
rincewind
Tyro

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:58 pm

I know there's a Steam thread that had an editor translated into English w/ PUK.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/363150/d ... 585637161/
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms