RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Tue May 29, 2018 5:45 pm

agga wrote:I was playing a game as Zhang Jiao last weekend, with fictional characters randomly here or there. Interesting thing happened: in a battle against Ding Yuan's army, a fictional Yellow Turban, middling guy named Qiu Ju, gets in a duel with Lu Bu, which I opted not to watch. Qiu Ju has a war of ~70, leadership in the 60s. Not a great officer. Sure enough, I see a report on screen: Qiu Ju has been slain by Lu Bu!

But wait: Qiu Ju's unit is still there!? Lu Bu's unit is gone!?

Lu Bu was actually slain by Qiu Ju! No way! What a hero!

I'm certain I didn't misread the post-duel notice. I think it was a bug, and I can't believe Qiu Ju could actually have defeated Lu Bu. Anyone else seen such a thing happen?

I had Qin Lang defeat Guan Yu once, no modded stats, so yeah, sometimes the RNG is on your side.
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Wed May 30, 2018 1:17 am

Oh yeah, the RNG in this game is ridiculous at times. Playing as Cao Ang I defeated Zhang Liao in a duel... meanwhile if that happened in XI, I am fairly certain that Zhang Liao would've one shot Ang.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu May 31, 2018 5:40 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Playing as Cao Ang

Well, I now know what my next few games are going to be. :o

Edit: Also, I too have noted how wacky the RNG can be with duels you don't directly watch. Basically, if your dude/dudette gets into a duel with a much stronger dude/dudette, you'll have a higher chance of an upset by skipping it. And if it's the opposite and your dude/dudette is stronger, you should watch it. My guess is that they gave both sides even weight or something when a duel takes place that you don't watch.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I did some 'civil' duties in my recent run and was utterly impressed with how PC negotiations go. Normally I just send a dude and they come back with a result for me but going myself? Well I get to do a lot of fun 'diplomatic' things. I need to cozy up with the ruler's council members too in hope they can support my proposal. It reminded me of many scenes in TK2010 where characters would travel for 'talks' but also debate officers to sway them over. It makes sense given one of the big features of RTK13 are the 'bonding' system where you forge relationships of various levels with everyone.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 pm

I was playing that fictional scenario where Cao Cao dies after Chi Bi as Liu Bei and once again was amazed with how weird the debate system is. I suggested that we're convince the southern Jing lords to surrender and Zhuge Liang said yeah it should work. So forthe first few guys I just send some guys and they work to my player pleasure. The last guy Liu something I decide to take care of myself.

So either I really suck at debates or the system is just wonky. I lost three times before I managed to win. The duels I can do without too much trouble add long addthe difference of war isn't too much.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 pm

It's a little bit of game theory, trying to figure out what option your opponent will pick, sometimes it isn't the obvious one due to future fate/moral/lore changes.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:49 am

I’m considering picking up ROTK13 during the Steam sale. How is the performance on PC now? I know it had problems at launch but have the major issues been fixed?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:I’m considering picking up ROTK13 during the Steam sale. How is the performance on PC now? I know it had problems at launch but have the major issues been fixed?

It never bugs out on me but I do keep it set to low graphics or whatever - which only seems to affect some details related to the water on the main map. I read that some people were able to set it to high again.

I'd only pick it up if the PUK is in the bundle.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby agga » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:I’m considering picking up ROTK13 during the Steam sale. How is the performance on PC now? I know it had problems at launch but have the major issues been fixed?

I play it on an oldish laptop and it runs just fine. You must get the PUK bundle.
造反有理!
agga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 am

Only bug I'm aware of is sometimes the prestige page won't open if you have set CG sets to high quality. Standard quality is fine.
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms