Multiplayer in RTK

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Multiplayer in RTK

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm

As I play 11 sometimes I just don't feel like conquering the land. Sometimes I feel like I want to help someone else do it, let them handle the bigger picture while I just help. I know I am probably in the minority in that feeling but I would love to have another player or two to play the game with me. I guess more people would like to compete with others to rule and that is great.

I am tired of making alliances in the game and having my ally sit there and stare at the wall for years while I am expanding. In my current game I am a new force in 194 based in Luo Yang. I allied with Ma Teng and we divided up Li Jue's lands with me getting Chang An and him grabbing An Ding. Then he moves and grabs Han Zhong and then sits there. I ally with Liu Bei who seems to hate the idea of fighting and just sits there while I desperately try to fend off Cao Cao's attacks.

I want human players who will actually think strategically, and who can help me out. AI allies stink and when they do actually expand they will then betray me when we still have tons of enemies left to fight.

Anyone else wish they could have some friends join them in conquering the land?
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Multiplayer in RTK

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:14 pm

I know how you feel. It's a problem I have with a good number of other strategy games. One nice thing in VII and VIII was that your ally would consistently provide reinforcements when they could. In XI allies are basically a ceasefire that usually only falls apart when the AI can't attack anyone else.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:48 am

This is one of like two areas where they *really* dropped the ball with this game. There is zero intrigue or attraction to diplomacy. Hell, I often ally with forces and *force* them to expand and they still won't do squat.

There is a way to do multiplayer. It would be OK for two allied players but isn't so good for fighting each other. You can just pass the save file back and forth by chat or email. Fully functional but you don't get to watch what the other player's unit do, just the results.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:10 am

Zyzyfer wrote:This is one of like two areas where they *really* dropped the ball with this game. There is zero intrigue or attraction to diplomacy. Hell, I often ally with forces and *force* them to expand and they still won't do squat.

There is a way to do multiplayer. It would be OK for two allied players but isn't so good for fighting each other. You can just pass the save file back and forth by chat or email. Fully functional but you don't get to watch what the other player's unit do, just the results.

I actually recently forced Liu Bei to expand and he still disappoints me. I even gave him some created characters to help him out in the rival warlords scenario (no one that impressive basically guys with stats in the mid 60s to mid 70s) and he still won't recruit free officers) I finally managed to defeat Cao Cao in my play through thanks to Lu Bu taking some heat off of me (Lu Bu seems most interested in sending out one ship at a time to shoot Yuan Shao's coastal buildings then actually do much else) So I managed to send a nice force of Calvary units to attack Shou Chun, I defeat Yuan Shu's forces and then pull back allowing Liu Bei and co to take the city. After taking it he builds it up then just sits there again not recruiting officers or trying to expand.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms