ROTK 12 Puk Translation Menu

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

ROTK 12 Puk Translation Menu

Unread postby concom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:40 am

Hi all,

im a big Koei Fan and so i love all the romance of the Three Kingdoms Games. Every Piece have its own good features i think.
Now i bought my PUK Version of rotk 12 and try to translate all the menu's. It is a lot of work for me, because im not speaking japanese. But with google and the web it can be tranlate a lot.

There are already a lot translation from sangok911 but i try to translate the whole game.

Now i stuck on one picture and hopefully some of this forum can translate ist, because google has no chance to translate it.
You must know that my work on translation is to use Google translator on iphone whith the new Picture shoot feature. With this i can translate many. But in the picture, the graphic is just to bad and so i need some who can tranlate it while reading.

Sure i share it, when ready or i make a litte steps forward.
Thank you!
concom
Attachments
rotk12.gif
rotk12.gif (2.25 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
concom
Tyro

Re: ROTK 12 Puk Translation Menu

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Google translate isn't really the best option, especially if there already is a translation and you want to do it from scratch? Or is that picture you posted just not translated in the Samkok patch?

However, it has a function that allows you to draw the characters if you choose to translate from Chinese/Japanese to English. While drawing a single character (!), you are presented with options on what character you could mean. Staying as close as possible to the actual character should give you the correct one eventually. Then you can choose it and get a translation.

討伐 gives out "Crusade" if Chinese and "Subjugation" if Japanese. I'd take the latter.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zafar Khan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:36 pm

I have question about the rank of Anbo Jiangjun. what is it the exact translation
Zafar Khan
Initiate

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:21 pm

If you're looking for "Anbei Jiangjun" (there is no Anbo as far as I know), that's pretty much something like "General Who Guards the North". At least I think you mean that, the rank pops up in Wang Ji's biography. But that's not the correct thread to ask I think.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby concom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

Hi Lord Cao_Cao,

sure google is not always the best for translation but it helps if you cant read kanji. :-) The translations i found for the puk are already not finished but sure i am use it to do the rest. Somestimes the pictures kill the game and you see graphic shapes and other errors.

I cannot also write kanji in mein Browser to translate it manually.

Thank you for the information about Subjugation. This helps!
concom
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Yeah, of course it helps. But I always have to think back to Cao Shang's translation patch for XI before most of the additional work was done. "Cookadoodledoo!" :lol:

What I meant is, Google Translate has an option that allows you to draw the characters on a canvas and while you do that, the translator will give you various options on how the actual character could look like. That way you don't have to type in the characters, you can just try to draw them and choose the correct one out of the possibilities you get.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby concom » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 am

Yeah thats right. But it is still working. I kknew Romance Games from First Game Comes out and so sometimes i can explain what did the mean in the Translation.

Otherwise it is just for me and People who will use it also. Better then no Translation. :lol:

Feel always free to correct my translations! :D

Upload a few correct Pictures who can Change with the santool later on dropbox i think.
concom
Tyro

Unread postby concom » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:47 am

concom
Tyro

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms