ROTK 11 Custom Scenario Request

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

ROTK 11 Custom Scenario Request

Unread postby Jiang Boyue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 am

I'm currently reading through Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and every 10 chapters or so I am tempted to stop and play the scenario corresponding to the part of the book I'm on.

I was looking through the custom scenarios, and noticed that only the 260 one already has Jiang Wei as a part of Shu. When I play Nanman Rebellion, the Wei CPU always moves him somewhere else.

I could try and figure out hex editing, but was wondering if anyone who was good at it would be interested in making a scenario where Shu just conquered Nanman and took over Tian Shui and An Ding. Obviously any Nanman generals who died in the books would be gone, but those who lived could be a part of Shu. Strategically Wei would need to appoint Sima Yi advisor ASAP and send resources to Chang'an.

I think that scenario would be really fun to play, as well as one that was pre-Wuzhang Plains (with Zhuge Liang soon to die) if someone was into making that as well.

Anyone willing and able to go for it?
Jiang Boyue
Tyro

Re: ROTK 11 Custom Scenario Request

Unread postby lorindir » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:50 am

Jiang Boyue wrote: I was looking through the custom scenarios, and noticed that only the 260 one already has Jiang Wei as a part of Shu. When I play Nanman Rebellion, the Wei CPU always moves him somewhere else.

Yes, that is true. The AI always move Jiang Wei (usually to Shou Chun to fight Wu).
But there is a way to "steal" him from Wei.

First, you can attack An Ding early on (while Ma Chao stills live, if you can), so the AI will send Jiang Wei to fight you (most of times), if you are able to capture him, he is almost yours, simply because his compatibility is high with Shu officers (I think the only Wei officer he likes is Xiahou Ba, not sure).
Second, if Wei moves he before you have a chance, see in what city he is and try to send rumor in that city (more than one if Zhuge gives his OK), then in the same turn, send A LOT of Shu officers to try hire him (Zhuge will be against, but he doesn't count the blow in his loyalty after the rumor). I have done this a lot of times, and works.

If there is a 260 scenario (like some ROTK in the past), Shu is horrible, you just can't play at all (even to keep the domestic is difficult), and ALL your officers are old (almost zombies) by that time.

Good Luck
Ok your majesty, now, back to your room!
lorindir
Initiate

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms