Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Unread postby Huang Riong » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm having an unsatisfying experience playing this game since I really don't know what should I do first and each of my playthroughs endS with the enemy stabbing me in the back after conquering another territory and being left with a few soldiers too weak to defend with before being finished off.

Since there's no guides or FAQS around. What'S the recipe for success in conquering ROTK12?
Huang Riong
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 am

Re: Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Unread postby TVL » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:36 am

Play powerhouse forces like Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Yuan Shao, Sun Jian, Lubu or make your own
If you wanna have some challenge playing forces like the Yellow turban, Yuan Shu, He Jin, you better pray that you can get your hand on some good officers, or you will very likely have a bad time because in this game, officers quality is what it's all about. If you can't get good officers, try to make your way out of the danger zone, stay away from those powerhouse forces as far as possible and prepare to develop your force to something that has enough troops to conquer today earth

With that said, just save some troops in the city and attack when you know you can win, the AI is pretty stupid so it will be easy to def against 50k enemy with 20k troops if your officers are good enough for the job, if they aren't, even with 100k army consist of a bunch of pathetic average 70-80 stats officers against 20k Lubu unit, you won't even hold a candle against him. Trust me on this cause i found out the hard way while playing Tao Qian, was replaying over and over because Cao Cao just straight up destroyed my force at turn 10 or something if i don't cheat, even with cheat to have more troops than him at a reasonable amount, he still destroyed me because his officers are just way too good.
On how to def with 1/5 the troops the enemy has, just use common tactic in history like flanking, ambushing :wink:

This game is about how to get good officers, so if you are looking to have challenge conquering the game with normal average officers, then you have came to the right place, but can't guarantee if you will make it :wink:
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Unread postby Huang Riong » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:10 am

TVL wrote:Play powerhouse forces like Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Yuan Shao, Sun Jian, Lubu or make your own
If you wanna have some challenge playing forces like the Yellow turban, Yuan Shu, He Jin, you better pray that you can get your hand on some good officers, or you will very likely have a bad time because in this game, officers quality is what it's all about. If you can't get good officers, try to make your way out of the danger zone, stay away from those powerhouse forces as far as possible and prepare to develop your force to something that has enough troops to conquer today earth

With that said, just save some troops in the city and attack when you know you can win, the AI is pretty stupid so it will be easy to def against 50k enemy with 20k troops if your officers are good enough for the job, if they aren't, even with 100k army consist of a bunch of pathetic average 70-80 stats officers against 20k Lubu unit, you won't even hold a candle against him. Trust me on this cause i found out the hard way while playing Tao Qian, was replaying over and over because Cao Cao just straight up destroyed my force at turn 10 or something if i don't cheat, even with cheat to have more troops than him at a reasonable amount, he still destroyed me because his officers are just way too good.
On how to def with 1/5 the troops the enemy has, just use common tactic in history like flanking, ambushing :wink:

This game is about how to get good officers, so if you are looking to have challenge conquering the game with normal average officers, then you have came to the right place, but can't guarantee if you will make it :wink:


(Playing as Lu-Bu force in Rise of Heroes) What should I do first? Should I build academies and upgrade my troops and build some siege weapons? What are the most helpful secret policies to use? How effective are those guard posts? How many markets and farms should I build and at what level should I upgrade them?

I usually get High Int and Pol officers during the earlier phases.
Huang Riong
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 am

Re: Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Unread postby TVL » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Huang Riong wrote:(Playing as Lu-Bu force in Rise of Heroes) What should I do first? Should I build academies and upgrade my troops and build some siege weapons? What are the most helpful secret policies to use? How effective are those guard posts? How many markets and farms should I build and at what level should I upgrade them?

I usually get High Int and Pol officers during the earlier phases.


Don't worry too much about high Pol officers, just get enough to manage markets, you need general or warrior type officers (the one with lot of LEAD and decent skills)
In the beginning, Guard station, Academy aren't good enough to waste a lot on them at the beginning if your city isn't big enough, no need to build academy until you have quite a lot of officers (sieges are the fun destroyer of this game, try to not use them), try to stock up load of troops, food and gold, espccially gold cause it's vital at the beginning to get as many decent officers as you can and keep their loyalty at bay.
Build something like 1 smith, at least 3 markets, 1-2 farms, 1 barrack, 1 recruit/hire/search officers building and fill the others with plot house.
Your starting goal is trying to get gold, food while having decent amount of troops. Then use food or gold to ceasefire/ally with any dangerous forces around your city except the one you try to take, in your case, you should try ceasefire/Ally with CaoCao, attack whatever city you want, you won't need to worry about the forces around your first because they won't attack until ceasefire expired.
as for secret policies, just spam whatever you have got at the beginning, they will help :wink:
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Unread postby Huang Riong » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:54 pm

TVL wrote:
Huang Riong wrote:(Playing as Lu-Bu force in Rise of Heroes) What should I do first? Should I build academies and upgrade my troops and build some siege weapons? What are the most helpful secret policies to use? How effective are those guard posts? How many markets and farms should I build and at what level should I upgrade them?

I usually get High Int and Pol officers during the earlier phases.


Don't worry too much about high Pol officers, just get enough to manage markets, you need general or warrior type officers (the one with lot of LEAD and decent skills)
In the beginning, Guard station, Academy aren't good enough to waste a lot on them at the beginning if your city isn't big enough, no need to build academy until you have quite a lot of officers (sieges are the fun destroyer of this game, try to not use them), try to stock up load of troops, food and gold, espccially gold cause it's vital at the beginning to get as many decent officers as you can and keep their loyalty at bay.
Build something like 1 smith, at least 3 markets, 1-2 farms, 1 barrack, 1 recruit/hire/search officers building and fill the others with plot house.
Your starting goal is trying to get gold, food while having decent amount of troops. Then use food or gold to ceasefire/ally with any dangerous forces around your city except the one you try to take, in your case, you should try ceasefire/Ally with CaoCao, attack whatever city you want, you won't need to worry about the forces around your first because they won't attack until ceasefire expired.
as for secret policies, just spam whatever you have got at the beginning, they will help :wink:


Now that's progress,
Image

It all started when Yuan Shao decided to attack me once the treaty had ended and things have escalated so far. :devil:
With Gongsun Zan weakened thanks to Liu Yu's attack and the plentiful amount of officers recruited, I could conquer the Highlands in no time. Although my alliance with Cao Cao is soon ending. Should I press the attack on the Northern lands? or should I focus on recovering?
Huang Riong
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 am

Re: Gameplay help WITH ROTK12

Unread postby TVL » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:05 pm

I would take out the north (Gong Sun clan) first then go for that Tao Qian in the south so you won't have to worry about them. And by conquering all 4 cities, you will have 4 cities that aren't in contact with nearby enemies, making them perfect food/gold production places cause you can replace everything in those cities with just farm and markets
Ceasefire with Cao Cao if necessary, try to keep as few cities as possible as frontline, you don't wanna disperse your officers too much if you aren't sure you can take Cao Cao on. Or just go straight for Cao Cao if you want, after taking him out and absorb his officers, you should be able to take on the others without having to ceasefire with anyone
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am


Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved