New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 2015

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:42 pm

I didn't have a huge problem with the AP system. I'll be honest, even having a scaled-up HD version of RTK XI would be enough to make me happy. So if RTK XIII improves on that formula...!—I don't want to get too hopeful, in case it doesn't come here.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:16 am

Kong Wen wrote:I didn't have a huge problem with the AP system. I'll be honest, even having a scaled-up HD version of RTK XI would be enough to make me happy. So if RTK XIII improves on that formula...!—I don't want to get too hopeful, in case it doesn't come here.

While I can agree with the revamped XI - so long as the pointless features are fixed and cool new ones get introduced - being solid enough, I'm firmly in the "AP is crap" camp. Equip, draft, inspect, train every turn is already 80 AP. So you're either building up for an attack and burning through essentially 60-80 AP per turn in a given city, or you're attacking and probably sitting on excess AP. I might like it more if the max stored was higher than 255, so that high and low AP demand periods could be dealt with more efficiently.

Cao Chao wrote: Didn't make that clear.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your personal opinion of the micro-management in NA14?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Chao » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:44 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:
Cao Chao wrote: Didn't make that clear.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your personal opinion of the micro-management in NA14?

Usually I try to finish these games, but I found NA14 to be boring with all the micro-managing and not necessarily an upgrade on 12 and 13, so I stopped playing.
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
Cao Chao
Langzhong

Unread postby TVL » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Seems like they keeping some backgrounds from RTK 12, no big deal, anyone can translate the stuffs pls? Meh, images too big
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220882/448 ... hOcwz4.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220882/448 ... Cbb5f0.jpg
TVL
Master

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:38 pm

It has a lot of expectation now thanks to NA14.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:08 am

In a "NA 14 is very good, I hope RTK 13 gets just as good!" way or a "NA 14 is so bad, I hope Koei don't screw up RTK 13 as well!" way? :lol:
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TVL » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:25 am

Pretty sure it's the latter, the reviews for NA 14 on steam are mostly people who want to support Koei and try to encourage them get their stuffs on Steam more often.

That game woudn't be so bad if it wasn't for the horrid battle system, Techmo Koei better have some things else planned for RTK 13 cause i don't see that getting rid of Fire attack on terrain does any good for the Steam's sale while we have dozen of better strategy series around
TVL
Master

Unread postby Kong Wen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm enjoying Sphere of Influence, though I haven't done much warring yet. I don't think the expectations are so much about the quality of the game, good or bad, but more the fact that Koei has bothered to give it a full multiplatform release with PUK included in the west. If they're willing to go to that effort, people hope they'll do the same thing for a new Romance of the Three Kingdoms game.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Anyone got clarification yet on what it means with "commander mode" and "never before". Either its officer play with more systems for it or something else I can't figure out. Maybe a more fleshed out ability to play a leader of an army like in X but again, not purely for a transient period of finding a city but actually having it as a long term options.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Ranbir wrote:Anyone got clarification yet on what it means with "commander mode" and "never before". Either its officer play with more systems for it or something else I can't figure out. Maybe a more fleshed out ability to play a leader of an army like in X but again, not purely for a transient period of finding a city but actually having it as a long term options.

Personally I think "Commander mode" means that we will get scenarios like we had in 9 where you are given command of a military officer and are given an objective. So you will be Zhou Yu and tasked to win Chi Bi, or Sima Yi tasked with repelling Zhuge Liang, or Jiang Wei and destroy the Shu-Han economy, etc etc :P :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms