New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 2015

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby TVL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:46 am

Lezard Valeth wrote:
TVL wrote:Seems like they keeping some backgrounds from RTK 12, no big deal, anyone can translate the stuffs pls? Meh, images too big
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220882/448 ... hOcwz4.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220882/448 ... Cbb5f0.jpg

Am I the only one troubled by Pang Tong looks? I mean, the guy was so ugly that he couldn't get a job, but he's portrayed quite sympathetically, charming ... definitely not displeasing as he should be (making his skin a bit darker than others isn't enough — nor very sympathetic on koei's part :roll: ).

I understand and find it okay they portraying many guys as handsome to please the fan clubs (despite the fact it should be reserved to few like Zhou Yu, not mr. Dumbo Liu Bei), but guys like Pang Tong are supposed to be ugly and by making him look good they detract from the player's experience who could feel the displeasure that Sun Quan did otherwise (facing the same dilemma).


Yeah, i asked the same thing on other forums when i first laid eyes on him. He just looks way out of place, like some business man who was born in the wrong era :lol: from 9 to 12, they kept the same face for him, eventho not butt ugly, he looked way better for his character, nothing extraordinary, give you the impression that he's just your usual no name strategist until you look at his name :lol:
But not like we can do anything about it, even Xu Shu has a portrait that i could call failure, no one ever recognize him as a loud mouth type of guy
They did an excellent job at portraits in 12, why KT wouldn't expand from those instead of making new ones are beyond me :?:
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:01 am

Lezard Valeth wrote:
TVL wrote:Seems like they keeping some backgrounds from RTK 12, no big deal, anyone can translate the stuffs pls? Meh, images too big
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220882/448 ... hOcwz4.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220882/448 ... Cbb5f0.jpg

Am I the only one troubled by Pang Tong looks? I mean, the guy was so ugly that he couldn't get a job, but he's portrayed quite sympathetically, charming ... definitely not displeasing as he should be (making his skin a bit darker than others isn't enough — nor very sympathetic on koei's part :roll: ).

As far as I can tell, Pang Tong's face is the same as it's been the past few games, but he's smiling and framed to look, as you mentioned, too charming for how he was portrayed ( he had a tendency in the novel to troll people during job interviews). Taishi Ci's always missing his beard, too (not sure if the novel mentioned it, though).
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:02 am

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:16 am

I think with Pang Tong in 13, they were trying to do the portly and huge head thing to give the impression that he's not a handsome fellow. But he just comes off as too "cool big bro", yeah. But I don't really mind because I'm such a huge mark for Pang Tong haha

So the yelling dude in the one image is Xu Shu? lol
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby TVL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:42 am

Zyzyfer wrote:So the yelling dude in the one image is Xu Shu? lol

Yeah, first time i saw him i was like "IS THAT FREAKING XU SHU?!" I'm searching the name again, he better be Xu You, wtf"

And to my expected surprise, he was :lol: It's weird cause since his first debut, he always looks calm and collected, even in the history he always plays it cool, like that time he suggested Liu Bei to indirectly murder someone with the horse or wrecking Cao Ren in novel.
Even in Dynasty warriors 8, KT made him a quiet, keep to himself kind of guy, who was the intern that drew the portrait for him i wonder :lol:
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:49 am

Pang Tong thru games:
Image

He didn't make an obeisance when meeting Liu Bei and diminished Zhou Yu when meeting Sun Quan ... things like that prove his lack of tact and further explains the bad first impression he leaves on everybody (he's not just another ugly face ... he's cocky too).

Xu Shu thru games:
Image

Seems his anger increased within each game, perhaps something to do with being a swordsman in his younger days.

Well, I hope they don't "fix" Zhang Song :lol:
User avatar
Lezard Valeth
Assistant
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby TVL » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 pm

More screenshot of battle system on the main site, especially siege and naval that we all wanted

Looking good, but where's the duel i wonder :wink:
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 pm

TVL wrote:More screenshot of battle system on the main site, especially siege and naval that we all wanted

Looking good, but where's the duel i wonder :wink:

Could you please give a link? I can't find them. Did you mean this site?
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/
Edit: Nevermind, found it.

One of those pictures seems to have a cavalry unit standing atop the walls in a siege. :lol:
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:02 am

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby TVL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:02 am

Gray Riders wrote:
TVL wrote:More screenshot of battle system on the main site, especially siege and naval that we all wanted

Looking good, but where's the duel i wonder :wink:

Could you please give a link? I can't find them. Did you mean this site?
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/
Edit: Nevermind, found it.

One of those pictures seems to have a cavalry unit standing atop the walls in a siege. :lol:


Yeah, that's the one, i thought everyone already knew
Oh well, gonna put that link to 1st page now incase people get confused later i guess
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:49 am

TVL wrote:Yeah, that's the one, i thought everyone already knew
Oh well, gonna put that link to 1st page now incase people get confused later i guess

I knew the site, but I had to dig around to find the screenshots. I can't read Japanese so I pretty much had to click around at random until I found them. :lol:
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:02 am

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved