New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 2015

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby LuXunMaster102 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:16 am

What's the latest news on this?
It is in times of chaos when heroes are made. -LuXunMaster102

Yuan Dynasty:

Ruler - Yuan Shao
Prime Minister - Guo Jia
Grand Commander - Zhou Yu
Alternate - Sun Jian
Viceroy - Lu Su
LuXunMaster102
Scholar

Unread postby Zetta » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 am

I couldn't find anything about the future ROTK game itself.

I only found out that Koei is going celebrate 30 years of videogames and re-release a pack in Japan (and/or China ?) with twelve ROTK games, postcards and an OST CD for 33 333 Yen around the 20th of March. There's also going to be a special edition including a sword for 63 333 Yen... You can find more information on their website.
You might want to check their main web page out periodically if you would like to know what's going on (I check it with the help of online translation) : http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Zetta wrote:I couldn't find anything about the future ROTK game itself.

I only found out that Koei is going celebrate 30 years of videogames and re-release a pack in Japan (and/or China ?) with twelve ROTK games, postcards and an OST CD for 33 333 Yen around the 20th of March. There's also going to be a special edition including a sword for 63 333 Yen... You can find more information on their website.
You might want to check their main web page out periodically if you would like to know what's going on (I check it with the help of online translation) : http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/

Oh i would love for that

Oh I would love for that to be released in the west. It probably won't but I really hope. Having them all on PC would be fantastic.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:05 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
Oh i would love for that

Oh I would love for that to be released in the west. It probably won't but I really hope. Having them all on PC would be fantastic.

Especially if they include the PUKs. I'd love to see what it does for VII or IX, and an officer editor for VIII could fix a lot of my problems with it.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:22 am

Gray Riders wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
Oh i would love for that

Especially if they include the PUKs. I'd love to see what it does for VII or IX, and an officer editor for VIII could fix a lot of my problems with it.

Yeah having every game fully updated would take up a whole lot of my time. Yeah I would ignore like 70% of the games but the ones I like would get a ton of playtime :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 am

I'm pretty sure we'll never see the PUK overseas for any past and any future ROTK game. Koei's getting lazier and lazier with localisations. That may partly be due to their limited budget, but just look at the Warriors games. We can be lucky if the main games get a dub, but spin-offs like Empires or the Warriors Orochi series start to get neglected in terms of localisation, only getting English subtitles (even here in Germany. I don't mind English voices, but their games must sell very poorly here if they release them with Japanese dub and English subtitles instead of doing German subtitles, which by the way always had some amusing mistakes and weren't done that good).

As much as I'd love to see XI PUK released here eventually, I won't get my hopes up in any way for that to happen.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:I'm pretty sure we'll never see the PUK overseas for any past and any future ROTK game. Koei's getting lazier and lazier with localisations. That may partly be due to their limited budget, but just look at the Warriors games. We can be lucky if the main games get a dub, but spin-offs like Empires or the Warriors Orochi series start to get neglected in terms of localisation, only getting English subtitles (even here in Germany. I don't mind English voices, but their games must sell very poorly here if they release them with Japanese dub and English subtitles instead of doing German subtitles, which by the way always had some amusing mistakes and weren't done that good).

As much as I'd love to see XI PUK released here eventually, I won't get my hopes up in any way for that to happen.

Yeah, the only real hope I can see is a slim one; that Hyrule Warriors did well enough in the west to interest people in other KT titles, and it convinces them to give another go. I've seen a number of people mentioning it as their first warrior title, and a few deciding to try out other games in the series, but it's a slim chance at best.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:11 am

I'm reminded of the "Sonic Cycle". There's images with it on the internet (can't link, at work), but it goes something like this -

Step 1 - Hype for New Game
-Sonic Fans are cynical and unbelieving, say it'll be like all the other new Sonic games - terrible
-Proceed to Step 2

Step 2 - Additional Info Released
-More screenshots and information is released. It looks like "Old Sonic Done Right"™. Fans become hopeful, even optimistic. They proclaim "The Next Big Sonic Game Is Here"™.
-Proceed to Step 3

Step 3 - Game Released
-Game is buggy, terrible, and plays nothing like old Sonics. It is unresponsive and laggy. Sonic looks like a retarded crocodile. Fans proclaim it's the worst one ever!
-Wait a year, then return to step 1

Ever get a feeling of Deja Vu with these ROTK games? Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I feel a bit stuck.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:44 am

Heh, I feel that way about the Dynasty Empires spin offs, I always get really excited for them, I get them have a blast for a day or two, then I realize that i am doing the same thing over and over again and get bored, then remember that i did the same thing when the previous Empires title came out. :lol:
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:50 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Heh, I feel that way about the Dynasty Empires spin offs, I always get really excited for them, I get them have a blast for a day or two, then I realize that i am doing the same thing over and over again and get bored, then remember that i did the same thing when the previous Empires title came out. :lol:

Yeah. The only Empires I played (5, which I got on the cheap), was fun for a while, but it was kinda like...eh. It's not enough strategy to be...well serious strategy, especially since just whooping butt in the actual battles with get the job done. And it's detracts from just whooping butt with the little strategy bits you now have to worry about, so the battles aren't really as good as they are in the base game.

It hits a middle-ground I really do not like.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms