New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 2015

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms in development for 201

Unread postby Zetta » Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Well the last Nobunaga's ambition game came out in december 2013, it is coming to the US September 2015, so late 2017 perhaps? :P

I'd say roughly between 6 months to 2 years. If they ever decide to release it outside of japan, that is. Still, from the few screenshots and information that can be gathered, it looks promising. Let's just hope it sells well in Japan and they decide to translate it !
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Calamitus » Wed May 20, 2015 8:08 am

I think it depends on Nobunaga's Ambition sales on steam. Also, there are Dynasty Warriors 8 + Empires, Bladestorm and now Nobunaga's Ambition, it seems koei now actually cares a bit about western market.
Calamitus
Apprentice

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed May 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Calamitus wrote:I think it depends on Nobunaga's Ambition sales on steam. Also, there are Dynasty Warriors 8 + Empires, Bladestorm and now Nobunaga's Ambition, it seems koei now actually cares a bit about western market.

Oh I am looking forward to that, in fact I might just purchase several copies and gift them to people to increase sales :lol:
Not that any of my friends actually give a crap about Koei games but I want this to succeed. I am surprised they are even bringing the game to steam but I am going to take advantage of it.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed May 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Steam probably makes translating these games cheaper for Koei; digital releases are probably cheaper than retail, and Steam is a massive market. I'm glad they're taking advantage of it.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby KauSu » Wed May 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Gray Riders wrote:Steam probably makes translating these games cheaper for Koei; digital releases are probably cheaper than retail, and Steam is a massive market. I'm glad they're taking advantage of it.

This.

Get a team to translate it, publish it in digital form only (Steam, Amazon games, etc), so you really only pay for the translation + steam fee. So much cheaper than making physical editions, licensing localization teams or hiring different teams per region etc. Honestly if I were in Koei's shoes, I'd re-release XI (and a PUK) for Steam, and X with a PUK on steam, let the western market get a feel for the games, then release 13 in English on steam after the older version gain some traction. I would definitely buy both if they were released. They can also make use of 'free weekends', let the people play free for a day or three, maybe they'll get hooked - who knows?
KauSu
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 am

KauSu wrote:publish it in digital form only...

I just hope they don't do the same thing they did with the digital downloads for XI, and ban downloading for certain regions. When I tried to get English XI digitally from here in Korea, my request was firmly rejected by the site.

Actually typing that out, I wonder if using a proxy or VPN would resolve such an issue. Although honestly, I'm baffled as to why the English version wasn't available for download in Korea, that is a weird policy to have.

-----

The shots look pretty good. Well, I do agree that the battle portraits look a bit uninspired. But aside from that, it looks interesting. After the way stuff played out with XII, however, I think I'll refrain from expressing much excitement beyond that. :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat May 23, 2015 4:18 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
Xia Kyoto wrote:How much do you guys estimate a US release would be for PC?

Well the last Nobunaga's ambition game came out in december 2013, it is coming to the US September 2015, so late 2017 perhaps? :P

Ah, well that crushed me a bit (only because I want the game yesterday), but no I mean the price range :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat May 23, 2015 11:46 am

Xia Kyoto wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
Xia Kyoto wrote:How much do you guys estimate a US release would be for PC?

Well the last Nobunaga's ambition game came out in december 2013, it is coming to the US September 2015, so late 2017 perhaps? :P

Ah, well that crushed me a bit (only because I want the game yesterday), but no I mean the price range :)

Ah, completely misreading that, :lol:
If they release it before 2017 I say around 50, if they wait until late 2017 I say 40 :-P Blind guesses heh.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun May 24, 2015 5:03 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Ah, completely misreading that, :lol:
If they release it before 2017 I say around 50, if they wait until late 2017 I say 40 :-P Blind guesses heh.

Haha no worries, sounds about right.

I wonder if they'll add even more officers. That would be perfect; like having miscellanous characters lile Sun Ba, Sun Gao, more descendants of the Zhuge clan, Lu Kang's son etc. I want a lot more scenarios throughout the time period; especially in the later era. Cao Mao's uprising vs Jin scenario, plus Zhuge Dan and Wen Qin. Some officers deserve a stat-boost to make the later scenarios interesting. Zyzyfer would definitely be a help with this :P

I want so many more slots to create officers and plenty more customizable options, especially dealing with personalities, faces, etc.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun May 24, 2015 7:10 am

I hope they add more. Was quite disappointing to see like 200 officers removed from XII. So I hope at least they are readded and maybe a few more for later scenarios.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms