ROTK eBook for Kindle. Good buy?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

ROTK eBook for Kindle. Good buy?

Unread postby Proud_Lion » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 pm

I am looking to buy the ROTK eBook for my new Kindle.

Is this the full version of the actual novel? If it is the abridged version, I will pass on it.

The translations are not perfect, but, I can get past that.

I'm well aware this is a complex book and it's a bit to keep up, but, I will go along with it if it is all of Luo Guanzhong's novel.

I could buy the paperback, which is $22.98, but, first, I want to see if the eBook is just as worthy?

What do you think?

I got introduced to ROTK through Dynasty Warriors 3 in 2002. I have played Dynasty Warriors games ever since, and, I have also been watching the 90s drama. It's been more than a decade, and, all this anticipation of reading the novel is building up. :D
Proud_Lion
Tyro

Re: ROTK eBook for Kindle. Good buy?

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:30 am

http://www.amazon.com/Romance-Three-Kin ... e+kingdoms

There are a few options for an ROTK ebook. The above is the one I prefer. It was done by the threekingdoms.com people. That is where I first read the novel and I still prefer their version of the Brewitt-Taylor translation with the modern naming system. Back in the day I actually printed all 120 chapters and kept them in binders! So, needless to say this ebook is a great resource and it has additional notes and helpful information. There are some annoying grammatical/spelling errors occasionally in the ebook format but this doesn't detract from the work overall.

P.S. posts about the novel and history typically go in the Sanguo Yanyi Symposium and you can find much more information there.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Re: ROTK eBook for Kindle. Good buy?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:01 pm

I have the eBook linked above and it's great with a variety of historical information as well.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms