Full RTK11+PUK Translation Project Official Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Looking for information to further translate RTK11+PUK

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:24 am

Progress report. Here are the messages I have cleaned up from the original files, and yes, it was a good idea to start from the originals:

Code: Select all
MSG00 ( 495): 0-60
MSG01 (3801): 1338-1373
MSG02 (2427): 1140-1182
MSG03 (3933): 92-1230

I've listed the file, the number of scripts there are to translate, and which ones I've finished already. Pretty much, I'm about 10% through it so far.

One more thing. Lezard, Lord Cao Cao, if either of you know where the Duel and Debate Tutorial scripts start, that would be great to know, because I'm having a ton of trouble finding them.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:25 am

Next progress report. Here are the messages I have finished:

MSG00 ( 495): 0-150
MSG01 (3801): 0-996, 1059-1223, 1338-1373
MSG02 (2427): 1140-1182
MSG03 (3933): 92-1230

About 20% now.

The biggest thing in this update isn't the cleaned up command descriptions but rather the cleaned up debate dialogue. No longer will it be a bunch of gibberish that makes no sense whatsoever and no more shouts of "(personality type) HATEFUL!" when the debate ends. All the dialogue is completely cleaned up and the lines are broken up so you see everything. Only one of the debate sayings (the butterfly dreams one) still escapes me currently in making them 100% readable. I'll figure that out by the next update.

Anyway, it's looking really good now. I know the dialogue in debates wasn't a top priority, but it's nice to have it done for completeness since I am going for a full 100% translation (or as close as I can get it).

It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it. :)
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:35 am

I don't remember what the quote in the game is, but "butterfly dreams" makes me think of Zhuangzi. He pondered whether he was dreaming of being a butterfly, or a butterfly was dreaming of being him. So you could spin something off from that.

HATEFUL!!! lol
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby zhaoyun81 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 am

wow, that 's a very hard working,
Thanks alot for translating MSG file, Mr Dream.

In my opinion, Many people still play san11, i/o san12, so that's great if we have further translate for this game
:D :D :D :D
zhaoyun81
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:59 am

Haha, well, those translations are quite messed up sometimes.
I think I'm going to puke if I see "Cook-a-doodle-doo!", "hateful" or some country names like Italy or Germany again. :lol:
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 am

Zyzyfer wrote:I don't remember what the quote in the game is, but "butterfly dreams" makes me think of Zhuangzi. He pondered whether he was dreaming of being a butterfly, or a butterfly was dreaming of being him. So you could spin something off from that.

HATEFUL!!! lol

Yeah, the full dialogue is "Zhuang Zi wondered, 'was I a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?'" I figured out that the speech bubbles can hold 3 lines of 27 characters. The full quote, alas, is 101 characters total. Not sure how to trim it to make it fit.

zhaoyun81 wrote:wow, that 's a very hard working,
Thanks alot for translating MSG file, Mr Dream.

In my opinion, Many people still play san11, i/o san12, so that's great if we have further translate for this game
:D :D :D :D

Thank you for your support. Oh, and it's Miss Dream. :wink:

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:Haha, well, those translations are quite messed up sometimes.
I think I'm going to puke if I see "Cook-a-doodle-doo!", "hateful" or some country names like Italy or Germany again. :lol:

Yeah, those are part of what made me want to better translate it. :P I honestly can't figure out how some of those translations were made to begin with. "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" is the most annoying of them all, especially when freaking Guan Yu said it before the Peach Garden Oath. I was like "Wow, you went from War God to dee dee dee in one long hyphenated word." :D
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:14 am

I have another progress report. Here are the messages I have finished:

MSG00 ( 495): 0-150
MSG01 (3801): 0-2005, 2668-2717
MSG02 (2427): 0-698, 714-756, 1140-1182
MSG03 (3933): 0-1296

40% complete, and progressing smoothly. In order to not get burnt out, I only work on a bit at a time and play the game (or other games) to keep myself balanced.

The biggest thing in this update are cleaned up bios. That is, there is no more gibberish or hard-to-understand things anywhere to be seen. The down side, however, is that since I took the bios straight from the English files, mistakes in the English bios are present. They're not a high priority, though, since people playing this game probably already know how to spot the bio mistakes. The important thing is that they're (almost all) cleaned up now.

Still having fun, and looking forward to a release. That said, I'm also going to (eventually) update all the stuff in the scenario files to clean them up as well, and possibly even do full translations on the ones yet to be translated. Still can't find the duel tutorial scripts, though, which is irking me.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 am

Ah, you're cleaning up the PUK, eh? You have my full support! I am glad to see such a project undertaken. Once you finish this, did you also plan on making RTKXII Not read "Our Lord can't move to other city!" and the other myriad of translation mistakes in that translation?
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:28 am

Doubtful. I've never even played RTKXII. Everyone I know who has says it's a pretty big step backward for the series. I've heard nothing positive about it whatsoever. Since RTKXI seems to be the golden child, I plan to devote my time to it.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Lezard » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Whoa! 40% already and thinking on next steps! :shock: :D

Let me know when you're done, before beginning to work on scenario files, because I can greatly help you with them.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms