Questions About Stats on ROTK XI

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Questions About Stats on ROTK XI

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 am

DragonAtma wrote:Why am I including Xu? Because Cao Cao was at war with Xu at the time! Remember, Cao Cao invaded over Cao Song's death in 193 and again in 194.

As for who could beat Cao Cao? Anyone decent could. If Yuan Shu sent someone competent north (and at the time he still had Sun Ce, Zhou Yu, Huang Gai, Han Dang, etc.) and they joined Zhang Miao, that would be enough. If Yuan Shao sent competent generals south (even the Guandu brigade should work, seeing as his advantage would be much bigger), that would work. If Tao Qian sent Liu Bei, Zang Ba, or Chen Deng west to counterattack Cao Cao, that would work.

But he didn't send one of them. Tao Qian didn't do anything.

EDIT: In case you want something more direct, have a quote form Cao Cao's KMA biography:

The Grand Progenitor said: “Lü Bu acquired a province early, yet he did not occupy Dongping nor did he sever the route between Gangfu and Taishan to utilise the strategic position to ambush us. Instead he garrisons Puyang, which is why I surmise that he had little ability.”

This shows Lu Bu's lack of strategic foresight - I won't argue his lack of that one bit. That's related to INT and not LDR, isn't it? I guess one could argue that he didn't know how to distribute his troops and officers effectively to oppose Cao Cao and thus lacked leadership ability, but I would argue that, if LDR represents that, the people who would have set up accordingly would have higher than 87 LDR - and way higher INT than Lu Bu's original value.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:28 pm

DragonAtma wrote:EDIT: In case you want something more direct, have a quote form Cao Cao's KMA biography:

The Grand Progenitor said: “Lü Bu acquired a province early, yet he did not occupy Dongping nor did he sever the route between Gangfu and Taishan to utilise the strategic position to ambush us. Instead he garrisons Puyang, which is why I surmise that he had little ability.”

I'm not sure how much Cao Cao saying Lu Bu is no good is worth, since Cao Cao than proceeded to lose several battles to him and almost got himself killed. I'm pretty sure Cao Cao saw one major mistake then completely underestimated his enemy.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:13 pm

All right, so I just noticed that Gan Ning has lower LDR than Lu Bu. By one point, but there it is. kkkk
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby AxeLordGerardo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Zyzyfer wrote: CHR 90 - Personally I think it is a little high but don't mind throwing him a bone. Many consider Yuan Shao's faction the unofficial fourth kingdom, and 90 would suit that reputation.

I am one of those who think that way, of course. He was very valued in the first part of the novel until the skirmish against Gongsun Zan, and later i suppose he was a little less valued due to his behavior and mistakes. 90 suits him well knowing his early deeds, background and fame ("fame" for others)
Cao Cao - Liu Bei - Sun Jian - Yuan Shao
AxeLordGerardo
Student

Unread postby AxeLordGerardo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:17 pm

On the other side, many people values so much Qu Yi, but his stats in ROTK XI by Koei don't give such high esteem to him.

These are the stats of some of Yuan Shao's main generals:

Yuan Shao: L-81 - W-69 - I-70 - P-73 - C-90

Yan Liang: L-79 - W-93 - I-42 - P-32 - C-53

Wen Chou: L-78 - W-94 - I-25 - P-25 - C-38

Zhang He: L-90 - W-89 - I-69 - P-57 - C-71

Gao Lan: L-76 - W-82 - I-66 - P-55 - C-62

Qu Yi: L-82 - W-78 - I-51 - P-18 - C-37

Gao Gan: L-74 - W-56 - I-48 - P-59 - C-66

Chunyu Qiong: L-72 - W-66 - I-29 - P-29 - C-36

Yuan Tan: L-60 - W-69 - I-30 - P-35 - C-59

Yuan Xi: L-66 - W-51 - I-63 - P-65 - C-64

Yuan Shang: L-63 - W-71 - I-42 - P-38 - C-72

Lu Xiang: L-54 - W-71 - I-12 - P-19 - C-28

Lu Kuang: L-56 - W-70 - I-13 - P-22 - C-29

Jiang Yiqu: L-71 - W-58 - I-57 - P-51 - C-55

Lu Weihuang: L-58 - W-63 - I-29 - P-39 - C-44
----------------------------------------------------------
For strategists:
----------------------------------------------------------
Tian Feng: L-72 - W-29 - I-93 - P-88 - C-64

Ju Shou: L-78 - W-35 - I-90 - P-90 - C-74

Shen Pei: L-84 - W-60 - I-83 - P-73 - C-70

Feng Ji: L-27 - W-21 - I-84 - P-71 - C-39

Guo Tu: L-52 - W-50 - I-82 - P-69 - C-37

Xu You: L-36 - W-21 - I-80 - P-56 - C-23
Cao Cao - Liu Bei - Sun Jian - Yuan Shao
AxeLordGerardo
Student

Unread postby Randell92 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:29 am

DragonAtma wrote:Why am I including Xu? Because Cao Cao was at war with Xu at the time! Remember, Cao Cao invaded over Cao Song's death in 193 and again in 194.

As for who could beat Cao Cao? Anyone decent could. If Yuan Shu sent someone competent north (and at the time he still had Sun Ce, Zhou Yu, Huang Gai, Han Dang, etc.) and they joined Zhang Miao, that would be enough. If Yuan Shao sent competent generals south (even the Guandu brigade should work, seeing as his advantage would be much bigger), that would work. If Tao Qian sent Liu Bei, Zang Ba, or Chen Deng west to counterattack Cao Cao, that would work.

EDIT: In case you want something more direct, have a quote form Cao Cao's KMA biography:

I agree here that this was due to Cao Cao's ability rather than Lu Bu's inability. Cao Cao proved time and time again that he was the main guy out there and the "Hero of Chaos". Tao Qian wouldn't have been in a position to send a counter attack back at Cao Cao & support Lu Bu due to the ongoing conflict between Tao Qian & Cao Cao, he was hardly the most ambitious guy around at this time
Randell92
Tyro

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms