Tales of Conquest (AARs)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Tales of Conquest (AARs)

Unread postby axelpro » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:37 am

I haven't seen any AAR threads, maybe I haven't been looking hard enough. Anways I think that each and every Romance game is very AAR friendly whether they be grand successes or defeats. These go especially well for those who let their imagination run through the game like myself. Go ahead and post one shots of events or a rolling log of your ventures during a playthrough. Just tell us which of the games you're going to be talking about. Beyond that is your choice.
axelpro
Tyro

Re: Tales of Conquest (AARs)

Unread postby axelpro » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 am

San12 AAR (Thanks to Cao Shuang for translation)
Screens to be uploaded soon
(Don't have a way to enter english text into the game yet)
Edit: All thumbs link to the same photobucket gallery for screens
194 (Intro):

-My name is Liu Ren, a Han official turned fugitive after assisting Cao Cao in his attempt on Dong Zhuo's life. Although my role was minor my name was voiced all the same and I am labeled a traitor by that villain. With the help of those closest to me I have managed to flee from the capital and have been dodging the tyrant's gaze for some time. Given the recent turn of events I have decided to keep this log of my ventures so my children may learn of the man known as Liu Ren should I not be around to teach them.

-My companions and I tried find safe haven under Liu Biao, my cousin as we share the same grandfather. This proved a misstep as Liu Biao would have been unable to defend against the full brunt of Dong Zhuo should he have sent forces to capture me. Stopping in Xiang Yang still proved to be a gift as Liu Biao suggested I set up my own base in the destitute regions of Southern Jing. To this end he offered a guide to see me down into the region safely, he went by the name of Jing Bei. I expressed my gratitude and ask that he watch over my family until such a time that I can have them come down to live with me. During our journey Bei and I became fast friends, relating to each other through our exploits during the Yellow Turban rebellion, despite mine being more of a civil nature.

-I have arrived in Wu Ling, although practically lawless the soil here is fertile enough to that crops would come in abundance should a concentrated effort be made. I tell my good friend and former Palace Guard Captain, Xu Wei, of my intent to stabilize the region. He, along with his former Palace Guard unit 1000 strong, begin their effort to stabilize the region. I also make arrangements for a small government building and personal manor to be constructed.
-Once all of our goals were set I turned to Jing Bei and offered gratitude and payment for his assistance. Jing Bei then made a counteroffer that would place him under my service

195:

-Finally the minor conflicts in Wu Ling have been settled and my residence and office have been constructed. My friend Xu Wei who had moved to pacify the region has finally returned with a force 10,000 strong. During his time out on the field he saw fit to promote two men to sub-commanders in this militia. He introduced them as Bei Shun 'of the bow' and Zhu Huo 'of the horse'. I smiled in regards to the fact that Xu Wei had often been referred to as 'of the spear' amongst his peers.

-It is the second month of the new year and I have just received my family from Xiang Yang. They were brought to me by my trusted and able aide Tang Wen, to whom I offered patronage for his studies. My wife, He Xia, expressed her concerns over the change in atmosphere. This was something that could not be avoided. While it is not as great as the prosperous capital of Jing province it gave me an extra degree of relief knowing that they were safe by my side. Ying, my second eldest son, was eager to face the new challenges this land would bring. Zhao, my eldest, seemed indifferent to the change of pace. I always did have trouble reading my eldest, he was a different sort than myself. This was made clear to me when he swore an oath of brotherhood with my old court rival's son Zhang Yu. Yu boasted an even temper and a talent for leading men. If not for his age Yu would have undoubtedly made great achievement against Zhang Jue. Zhao had also recently been wed to Cai Mao's daughter, Cai Xiu, and she too was with us in Wu Ling. She had a good head on her shoulders and I could feel that she would be more than a simple wife. Also her distant relative, Cai Song, sought service under me as he could not find a proper place in Xiang Yang due to being a branch of the main family.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
(Top-Bottom Left-Right: Liu Ren, Cai Song, Tang Wen, Jing Bei, Bei Shun, Xu Wei, He Xia, Zhu Huo, Liu Zhao, Cai Xiu, Zhang Yu)

-Seeing how lawless Wu Ling was I simply can't leave the rest of Southern Jing to that fate. To this end I task Tang Wen with traveling around the neighboring regions to acquire talented officials while myself and Cai Song set to the task of organizing the land in Wu Ling in order to turn a profit. I placed Xu Wei in charge of the military and he began recruiting and training troops without delay.

-After nearly half a year passed before Tang Wen returns with Wang Pu and Ling Cao who offer their services to me.

- Cai Song approaches Liu Ren and proposes two course of action. First is to expand into Gui Yang in order to fully support the recruitment effort with ample supplies of food and gold. Secondly he proposes the concept of city specialization. Ren agrees to both proposals and puts Zhang Yu in charge of securing Gui Yang.

-Cai Song came to me today with a few ideas. He first suggested that rather than make every city capable of autonomy we should instead focus on specializing cities so that they can work in unison with one another. I felt that Song hoped for a better communal atmosphere between regions if this was to be implemented and I could only agree. Next Song suggested that in order to enact this proposal we move to pacify Gui Yang to the south. Again I saw no reason to object. I charged Xu Wei with 7,000 men for the expedition and saw him off from the gates of Wu Ling.

-I couldn't help but smile when Xu Wei's messenger reached me in my manor. What took over half a year before now takes mere months! With Gui Yang pacified it now became of question of how to specialize the city. I decided we would need a solid commercial base and the land in Gui Yang was not as arable as its surroundings it would suffice even regarding that many roads did not lead through the place. On another topic Zhao has been restless as of late. I can tell all my subordinates see it as well. The boy is 20 years old and I think it's time to give him some responsibility.

-Sometimes that child just baffles me. When I told him to go oversee Gui Yang he met me with indifference. When burdened with responsibility I would expect a child to act with elation or disdain, but how do I gauge indifference? Still in the end all I can do is wait and see what he does. He has set out for Gui Yang with Zhang Yu and Wang Pu leaving my daughter-in-law in Wu Ling.

-It is the 11th month of the year and I have been receiving continuous updates on a battle occurring just north of Wu Ling. It appears that Sun Ce eagerly marched from Lu Jiang to Jiang Ling by way of Chai Sang. I couldn't help but feel concerned for cousin Biao as Ce's advance was no doubt due to vengeance.

-I just received news that Sun Ce and Liu Biao clashed at Jiang Ling. From what I can gather Liu Biao didn't want to be caught flatfooted and ordered an advance on Sun Ce, who was stretched thin at the moment due to leaving troops behind at Chai Sang. This appeared to be Ce's gambit as he had secretly brought the forces with him to aid in the defensive battle against Liu Biao's general, Liu Pan. The battle ended in stinging defeat for my cousin and I can't help but worry about his future.

-It has been weeks since the battle and I can't seem to stop thinking about what is happening in Xiang Yang. I'll know soon enough though as I've already sent Cai Song with a gift of 10,000 bushels of grain and orders to determine the state of affairs.

-Cai Song tells me that cousin Biao didn't stop singing praises of me when I offered the grain with no strings attached. He even declared me his most trusted ally in these troubling times, it was quite flattering. Still Song states that Biao's foundation is shaky at best and they will need at least a full year of peace to regain what they lost.

-I was paid a rather unique visit by my son Zhao just a few hours ago! He arrived on the pretense of seeing his wife, but met with me secretly at first. I must say I've never seen so much energy coming from the boy before. Zhao first congratulated me on how I handled the situation with my cousin then suggested I launch an offensive against Sun Ce in Jiang Ling. He made the point that the battle with Ce would double as vengeance and securing Southern Jing. I couldn't argue with my boy's logic and I was also eager to cast Sun Ce out of Jing.

-Our forces have made camp in the outskirts of Jiang Ling. For the sake of vengeance I had to lead the forces personally. With me are generals Xu Wei, Ling Cao, and Jing Bei. When I ordered Tang Wen to ready to sortie I was approached by my daughter-in-law, Lady Xiu. She made the surprising request to join us on the military venture. Despite my suggestions otherwise she was adamant in this course of action. Tang Wen broke the stalemate by also suggesting she come along, although strictly as an additional advisor. Her coming proved useful for as it turned out she had already infiltrated the city with spies.

- Lady Xiu's spies returned before our sortie with rough troop numbers. In total Sun Ce had barely over 10,000 in number while we had close to double. Seeing no reason to fret I placed Xu Wei and the other generals on the direct warpath to the city walls. Xu Wei quickly placed the city under siege and set camp for the day. I arrived at the new base of operation just a few hours ago. The city walls stand tall only a few li from where I sit. I can't help but marvel at its small grandeur. Once I take this city I will make it my main headquarters, warning to the other warlords that the Imperial family is not defunct.

-The battle today may have been the most harrowing I have experienced yet. Fresh from the days rest Xu Wei set to work on the wall and after two days similar to the first he was set to bring the main gate crumbling down. Tang Wen advised caution against charging headlong into the city, but I was too thirsty for vengeance to listen. I allowed Tang Wen to keep Jing Bei back for safety while I took Xu Wei and Ling Cao and broke into the city. Before we reached halfway to the city's center explosions began to erupt all around us decimating our forces. Before I could gather my senses Ling Cao had to through himself into harm's way in order to save me. He suffered injuries in the process and when I finally gathered myself we were surrounded on all sides by Zhou Yu's men and fire. Fortunately before we could fall into Zhou Yu's machinations completely Jing Bei arrived with the force still outside the city. This was fortunate as his force combined with those still capable after the bombings still numbered enough to do battle with Zhou Yu. Our army proved the better in the following skirmish, but we were still so jarred that none of us could immediately pursue Sun Ce's remaining force when they finally quit the field.

-We finally snuffed all the fires that damnable Zhou Yu started. I was ready to gather what troops we could and launch right into Chai Sang, I wanted nothing more than to squash this irritating tiger cub. Tang Wen couldn't stop smiling, I couldn't fathom what was going on in his head. He stopped me when I was about to give the order to march on Chai Sang. He reminded me of what just happened in Jiang Ling. He said Zhou Yu had no intention of successfully defending Jiang Ling and was fighting a losing battle from the outset. His two goals were to cripple my army and render Jiang Ling useless for as long as possible. Wen then suggested the best course of action was to show benevolence to the people and rebuild the city as soon as possible with our own funds, a proposal which Iimmediately agreed to. In this battle I realized I was not much more than an average man, but I was fortunate enough to be tempered by talented officers. I could already see that I would have to lean on these men time and time again in the coming days.

-The new year is fast approaching and we are set to return to Wu Ling in order to usher it in with a celebration. Before leaving Jiang Ling temporarily in Jing Bei's hands Tang Wen told me something interesting. He said that while the battle of Jiang Ling may not have been a great battle it was one of importance. Sun Ce has shown his tail to the world and the Lords of Wu were watching. I guess it won't be long before the young Tiger is tested in his home territory.

Year 196:

-I am in high spirits today. The New year celebrations have gone well and now I have heard news that Sun Ce did not even have a chance to celebrate the new year. My good friend Wen was right again, reports have been coming in detailing a battle between Sun Ce and Wang Lang, protector of Hui Ji. The battle was over Chai Sang, and while Wang Lang was not victorious this still meant that Sun Ce's position was clearly weakening. He is neither as loyal or fearsome as his father. To go along with this my second son, Ying, has reached the age of 15 and is requesting that I begin giving him tasks to assist

-At the start of the year Ren received to items of valuable news. The first was that, just as Tang Wen said, the Lord of Hui Ji, Wang Lang, went to do battle with Sun Ce in Chai Sang. Despite failing it still meant the young tiger would be occupied for some time. The second item was that Ren's second son, Liu Ying, was now fully recognized as a man and would start service shortly. Ying knows few equal to him in martial prowess and will quickly make his name as a capable general, of that I have no doubt.

-I have been giving Ying's first task some thought and I think I will send him to pacify Chang Sha. I have nothing to worry about from Sun Ce, given his problems. To the north Liu Biao is still recovering from the battle a few months prior, and Yong An stands empty. Of course I will accompany him to ensure nothing goes wrong, the boy is still only 15. I think I shall have Zhao take control of Ling Ling while I am at it. Perhaps a friendly competition between the two could develop their talents further?

Image Image

-It doesn't seem like I'll be able to rest anytime soon. The larger my force gets the more problems seem to arise. Perhaps it is an inevitable consequence. I've just received a missive from my wife in Wu Ling stating that Liu Zhang has finally moved into Yong An. After reading it I couldn't stop smiling. I can't help but have hope for what may happen next. I'll have Cai Song travel to Cheng Du with a congratulatory gift for stabilizing Ba Shu. Hopefully this will cement our ties, and we could have a unified Liu faction in southern Han. If all goes well we could look towards returning the empire to its former glory. It could be possible with all of us using our combined efforts. With things changing as they are I will need to have Tang Wen go on another trip to scour the land for talent.

-Joyous news! Zhang was elated to receive the gifts and has agreed that there will be friendship between the two regions. On top of this officers have been steadily streaming in, all bearing recommendation letters by Tang Wen. I've been mulling them over and it appears that the most promising ones are Zhu Huan, Xing Daorong, and Huo Jun.
axelpro
Tyro

Unread postby axelpro » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Year 197:

-It seems good news is always followed by bad. My vision of a unified Liu front seems to be getting farther and farther away. I just saw Tang Wen a few hours ago and he informed me that Ma Teng, the northern horselord, had marched his way into Xiang Yang by way of Shang Yong. While I wanted to send reinforcements to my cousin Wen was adamantly against it. Wen noted that Sun Ce was still active in Chai Sang and was undoubtedly waiting for Jiang Ling to become vacant. Also Tang Wen assumed that, since none of Liu Biao's forces have dealt with a such a cavalry focused army, Biao's chances of victory were slim. Now I can only sit back and pray for Biao's success.

-I have just received the final report on the battle of Xiang Yang, and it is not what I wanted to hear. Liu Biao's general, Liu Pan, engaged Ma Teng's army, lead by Ma Teng himself, and lost. From the other reports it appeared that Ma Teng had put together a fearsome force and was leading with his eldest son and daughter, Chao and Yunlu. Just as Wen told me a few weeks ago Liu Pan could not properly handle the speed based army that was the Liang army. The only good news was that the Cai family was able to orchestrate a clean escape from Xiang Yang and move Biao to Jiang Xia to regroup for a possible counteroffensive.

-I was surprised to see my eldest waiting for an audience so early in the morning yesterday. He said he couldn't help but rush over when he heard news of Liu Biao's defeat. There was fire in his eyes when he told me that we should take revenge on Ma Teng for Liu Biao's loss. When I asked him about Sun Ce, the man whom I stationed Zhao in Chang Sha to watch, he told me that he was still regrouping him his battles with both our army and Wang Lang's. Zhao then went on to point out that Ma Teng was nothing more than a foolish man who had no idea of how to gauge his own force. This was true because as it stood our spies totally the main concentration of Ma Teng's forces to be in the recently occupied Xiang Yang. This meant that Li Jue or Liu Zhang, my distant nephew, could easily cut off his supplies from his home base in Xi Liang. It was then that I realized the opportunity at hand. Defeating Ma Teng's army, no doubt tired from the lengthy campaign, would serve to be a blow that he may not recover from and there was no better punishment for his rash actions against my cousin.

-There was no time to spare, Ma Teng was absolutely not allowed to recover his strength in Xiang Yang or the struggle would become that much harder. I sent my eldest, who remained in Jiang Ling for some time in order to spend time with his wife, to Sun Ce's force to broker a ceasefire. This move will no doubt allow Sun Ce to consolidate Wu if he were to make a concerted effort. Zhao eagerly agreed to the proposal and decided to stop in Chang Sha to pick up his oath brother, Zhang Yu, for the journey. With Sun Ce's issue solved I would need to also secure assurances from Cao Cao in the north so he would not attack Xiang Yang immediately following the battle. Cai Song volunteered for this mission and I gave him the task, but not before reminding him of its importance.

-I can't believe my son. It appears he has made friends with the Sun family. He tells me the meeting went so well he even stayed to partake in some leisurely activities with the men of Sun. Zhao writes that during a hunting trip Zhang Yu bested Sun Yi in a friendly wager and won a prize, a wonderfully ornate bow. Not to be bested Zhao also appears to have one something after winning a board game against Sun Jing, an authentic transcript of Sun Tzu's war manual. Zhao and Yu agreed to swap gifts and Zhao sent the bow back to me with the messenger. I in turn had the bow mounted in my Jiang Ling estate. It appears my child is starting to making a name for himself.

-I am about to go see my good friend Xu Wei off to battle. I've place 35,000 men under his command and Tang Wen will be his advisor. Cai Song has already sent a missive containing Cao Cao's assurance that he will refrain from interfering in affairs surrounding Jing for some time. For the offensive I feel that Ying should learn how to handle troops in a real scenario if he is ever to become a talented general. Apart from Wen and Ying I have allowed Wei to take any other officers he chose. He decided on Jing Bei, Zhang Yu, and Ling Cao. I was surprised to see Zhao so willing to part with his oath brother, but I can only assume that he wants Yu to gain a name for himself within my forces. Doing that will make Yu's transition into an established officer all the easier.

-Weeks have passed and I have been receiving regular updates on the battle of Xiang Yang. There is still a stalemate as both sides are waiting for the chance to initiate contact. Tang Wen's spies have tallied Ma Teng's army to no more than 25,000 , something that Wei should be able to handle easily. Xu Wei had split his force in two, given the terrain of greater Xiang Yang, and occupied both of the main roads leading to the city gates. Zhang Yu and Ling Cao were holding the rougher terrain with fewer troops against Ma Teng himself. The remaining forces were holding at the bridge pass, against Hou Cheng and Ma Dai.

-It appears the stalemate has broken. Just three days prior Xu Wei confirmed that the numerical disparity was strongest on the bridge path and started battle there making good use of Jing Bei's talented command of archery units. Within a day both Hou Cheng and Ma Dai were forced to abandon their camp at the bridge and retreat closer to Xiang Yang, leaving a number of their provisions in the process. Xu Wei commandeered the enemy camp and rested his men for the day. I can only hope the rest of the battle goes as smoothly.

-Another report has come in, and, from the way it reads, Ma Teng has made a critical misstep. Ying volunteered for Xu Wei's vanguard and pushed Cheng and Dai back into the city. At that point Ma Teng, accompanied by his son, appeared before Ying. It seems that Ma Teng heard news of the bridge front collapsing under pressure from Xu Wei and pulled back from his camp to the south. Ying took the initiative and attacked from the side dealing a severe blow to Ma Teng. Teng was only saved from this situation when Han Sui, who had been bringing up the rear of his forces, arrived with Ma Yunlu. They flanked Ying and gave Ying's prey room to escape into the castle. Before Han Sui could do any damage Zhang Yu and Ling Cao arrived to give assistance followed quickly by Xu Wei's main force, effectively surrounding Han Sui's unit. Originally a third of Ma Teng's overall force Han Sui's unit was whittled down to a paltry two hundred riders in an instant. I was surprised when I read that Ma Yunlu was still able to break open a path to retreat to Shang Yong despite their dire situation. She was, without a doubt, as capable as any male officer in Teng's employ. Regardless Xu Wei did not give chance and surrounded the city for the siege.

-The siege lasted only two days, Xu Wei was in top form. Once inside Tang Wen used the spies planted within the city to start fires, so as to limit the Ma cavalry's movements. This allowed Xu Wei's spearmen to make quick work of the enemy. It appears valor runs in the Ma family as, just like the daughter, Ma Chao broke open a path to retreat to Shang Yong despite the dire situation.

-Well Xu Wei didn't take a second to breathe, he is already mustering the forces remaining from the Xiang Yang offensive to take Shang Yong. I was not entirely sure on the course of action when the runner from Xu Wei's camp arrived asking permission to sortie. I decided to express my doubts to someone who could give accurate advice. With Zhao still guarding Chang Sha, Wen was still at Xu Wei's camp, and Cai Song had yet to return from Cao Cao's camp. In the end I found a chance to speak with my daughter-in-law. She told me that this new situation was unlike Sun Ce and Jiang Ling. Not only would Ma Teng have virtually no troops after losing so decisively in Xiang Yang but he would not be able to call for reinforcements for fear of losing Han Zhong, his only means of escaping back into Liang. She went on to suggest that Liu Zhang would make a strong push for Han Zhong and Ma Teng would likely fold. All the points struck home and I gave the messenger written consent to take back to Xu Wei.

-My daughter-in-law is fearsome indeed. Just as she predicted Ma Xiu, Ma Teng's second son, was not able to hold out against Zhang Ren and was forced to retreat to Tian Shui. Now Xu Wei could face down Ma Teng without fear. From the reports Xu Wei would attack Ma Teng with his force of 30,000 and I can only imagine Ma Teng rallying 10,000 at most to meet him. These were favorable odds when I considered that almost none of Ma Teng's officers knew of anything but the horse.

-Three days ago I received Cai Shi at my court. She arrived with her son who was also my nephew, Liu Zong. They gave the pretense of wanting to see my daughter-in-law who was Cai Shi's niece. I was delighted and the a small banquet with my nephew as the guest of honor. Despite being so small the boy was a delight to share words with. He may have been a bit meek, but he did have an understanding of how the world worked. Yesterday Cai Shi then approached me in private and told me two things. The first was that Liu Biao had already recognized me as his official Lieutenant Governor and she gave me papers to this effect. She then asked when I intended to return Xiang Yang, the rightful seat of the governor, to Liu Biao. The question caught me by surprise. While I wanted to give the city back to Liu Biao I couldn't see a way to do it and ensure my cousin's continued rule. Well specifically, I could not see a way to do it without gifting a portion of my army to the man. In the end I told her I would have men begin to prepare the city for Liu Biao's return and entreated her to stay in Jiang Ling with Lady Xiu while they waited. She thanked me stating that she only wanted to confirm whether or not I had intentions to return the city before departing. With her mission complete she and her son bid me a formal farewell before returning to Jiang Xia. I can't help but wonder how she will report to her husband.

-Unlike at Xiang Yang I received very few reports on the battle at Shang Yong. With the three to one numerical advantage Xu Wei made quick work of Ma Teng's forces, and without a clear path of retreat back to Liang Wei set about capturing officers. My presence might be needed in dealing with these prisoners so I intend to head for Shang Yong within the hour.

-When I arrived in Shang Yong Xu Wei dutifully greeted me at the city gates. Xu Wei had prepared the captured officers, 13 in total, for judgment at the city center. When I looked over them I noticed that Ma Teng himself was among them. All the officers present were completely silent, a sight that surprise me. I was expecting at least a few of them to be ignorantly hurling curses my way It was as if they knew they were playing the role of the attackers. As it stood I could not possibly kill any of them without rumors of cruelty starting to surface. To this end I decided to have the prisoners released, but Wen stopped me before I could give the order. He suggested I release only Ma Teng, and two others. I realized my that my hasty decision would have been a misstep. By releasing all of them at once a ran the risk of Ma Teng not respecting any agreements we make verbally. By holding his son, daughter, and the majority of those captured here I could wait until written promises were made. In the end I let Ma Teng free in order to return to Tian Shui with Cheng Yin and Cheng Yi accompanying him. I let the remaining captured officers remain in Shang Yong under light house arrest. I saw no need to be wary of them, for even if they were to free themselves they would have to ride through Han Zhong, now occupied by my nephew, and once back in Tian Shui they'd find themselves facing threats from both Li Jue and Liu Zhang.

-I can't believe that bastard tiger! It is the 5th month of the year 197 and I have just returned from an audience with a messenger from my cousin, called Wang Can, telling me that damnable Sun Ce has acted rashly once again! He had the audacity to use or peace agreement as an opportunity to take Jiang Xia from my cousin and send him to the dungeons! He calls it vengeance for the death of his father, but I will show him. If that cub wants a blood feud with the Imperial family then, by the heavens, he shall have all of our wrath! When I asked that Wang Can what became of my cousin's wife, Lady Shi, he told me that she had escaped deeper into Sun Ce's territory with both of Biao's sons. After asking for an explanation the Can stated that Lady Shi believed I had no intention of returning Xiang Yang, and considered me a villain. To that end she decided to travel into rural Chai Sang, accompanied by a man named Xiang Lang, and would await her husband's return to power in Xiang Yang. Despite this Can stated that my cousin realized he could no long be recognized as the ruler of Jing when he has repeatedly failed to repel invaders. To this end Wang Can presented my with Biao's seal of office as further incentive to mount a rescue attempt against Sun Ce. While I eventually accepted the seal I already had every intent of saving my cousin. I ordered Xu Wei, who was still securing things in Shang Yong, to rally his forces there for the coming march on Jiang Xia. I will have that tiger declawed!

axelpro
Tyro

Unread postby 010hnoor » Sat May 16, 2015 10:48 am

Three days ago I received Cai Shi at my court. She arrived with her son who was also my nephew, Liu Zong. They gave the pretense of wanting to see my daughter-in-law who was Cai Shi's niece. I was delighted and the a small banquet with my nephew as the guest of honor. Despite being so small the boy was a delight to share words with. He may have been a bit meek, but he did have an understanding of how the world worked. Yesterday Cai Shi then approached me in private and told me two things. The first was that Liu Biao had already recognized me as his official Lieutenant Governor and she gave me papers to this effect. She then asked when I intended to return Xiang Yang, the rightful seat of the governor, to Liu Biao. The question caught me by surprise. While I wanted to give the city back to Liu Biao I couldn't see a way to do it and ensure my cousin's continued rule. Well specifically, I could not see a way to do it without gifting a portion of my army to the man. In the end I told her I would have men begin to prepare the city for Liu Biao's return and entreated her to stay in Jiang Ling with Lady Xiu while they waited. She thanked me stating that she only wanted to confirm whether or not I had intentions to return the city before departing. With her mission complete she and her son bid me a formal farewell before returning to Jiang Xia. I can't help but wonder how she will report to her husband.
010hnoor
Tyro

Unread postby warped » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Heya! I'm at work browsing this game from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your advices and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!
warped
Tyro

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:38 pm

warped wrote:Heya! I'm at work browsing this game from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your advices and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!

+1
I agree. It was a good idea to bring some AAR's on the thread. I think everyone has maybe a slightly different style that makes things interesting :)
Keep them coming if possible, they will be read even if not alot of feedback.
Sakae Wu
Initiate

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms