San11Sire [Strategy Innovator and Rules Editor] (Chinese)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: San11Sire [Strategy Innovator and Rules Editor] (Chinese

Unread postby Lezard » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I could make a backup, compare files and share. But first I need this thing to work, which is proving pretty troublesome as I can't understand the manual :|
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Google Translated manual:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ssbku

A bit better than what this would produce.

Note: This editor can improve the AI too :shock:

There's really nobody interested around this forum anymore?
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

^I'm interested in it, but somewhat doubtful I'll be able to figure out enough to do anything really nice. I might try to take a look over the weekend.

If nothing else, I'd really like to make Pol affect making arms instead of Int.
Edit: Also, if Ultimate_Nova_X is correct it might not work with my copy anyways, since it's updated.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 pm

I'd be interested as well, but I fear the same as Gray Riders that it won't work with updated copies.

I'm especially interested in making new skills, there too few defensive skills for my taste.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Killaz916 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 pm

This tool was used in a mod called Orochi San11PK which has all the characters from the Orochi game portrait and all, Cervello linked me it because I wanted Orochi portraits, from haven't liked into it much. This weekend I'll try and look into sire and what it did for the mod I'm talking about.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Seems it must be version 1.1 and can't be used with PKME (I suppose it's a Memory Editor then):
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1862318681
http://game.ali213.net/thread-3149561-1-1.html
They even talk about using Game Master (translating it into chinese and all)

What changes among PUK versions?
Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't it be as easy as replacing the exe for 1.1? Can be found here (三国志11PK1.1执行程序):
http://cyehua.ys168.com/
At least is what I understood from http://game.ali213.net/thread-3149561-1-1.html

Interesting content from http://cyehua.ys168.com/ :
PKME修改器 (PKME modifier)
SIRE帮助文档 (SIRE help documentation)
GM修改器 (GM modifier)
三国志11PK1.1执行程序 (The Three Kingdoms 11 PK 1.1 executable)
全部版本SIRE修改器 (All Versions of SIRE modifier)

------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

So versions are more or less like this (trying to answer my own question):
Chinese PK:
- 1.1 = Some fixes
- 1.2 = Newer Windows versions compatibility
Japanese PK:
- 1.1.1 = Some fixes
- 1.3.3 = Newer Windows versions compatibility
But translations available are all to 1.0 (Chinese and Japanese PUK) and Japanese is harder to update from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 as there is no executable anywhere, you'd need an untouched 1.0 to apply the "SAN11PKUPDATE_1_1_1.EXE" (not my case anymore). Also San11Sire says nothing about japanese version compatibility.

I ask myself if there's any difference from chinese 1.1 to japanese 1.1.1 besides the language.
Last edited by Lezard on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 am

Lezard wrote:There's really nobody interested around this forum anymore?

I'm interested in it as well. But what version is it for? PUK? Vanilla English?

Also was hoping to find out more about the specifics of what it does...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 am

Have just edited my post above, it seems it aims at Chinese PUK 1.1 (doesn't work with 1.2 and says nothing about Japanese). But I dunno there is much of a difference among Chinese and Japanese versions (their memory allocation and files are likely to be the same).

It seems things are not as straightforward as editing files, it works with memory allocated by the game into the RAM too (new skills seem to involve this trick). That's why it can't be used in conjunction of PKME modifier (yet another editor that work exclusively with memory — works with skills too, but is even older).

Memory editing is usually accomplished with programs like Cheat Engine, Game Master, so on. This SIRE editor probably was made after the discoveries accomplished via GM, so maybe we can find (or ask for) codes for GM (which is in English).

For more info on what can be accomplished with SIRE you should download my Google translated manual above (the list is long). You can change many aspects from the game (change the map, facilities, skills, AI behavior, etc). I'd say it adds a LOT of value to the game, to bad I can count the members our community in my fingers :cry:

Sorry if this post is screwed, I'm falling asleep

EDIT: I think it's pretty worth going back to 1.1 in order to use it, it's only to substitute the exe (of course I'm talking about the Chinese)
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am

Jesus. :shock:
The possibilities this editor offers are sheer infinite. 38 pages stuffed with so much info. :lol:
I haven't looked through everything, but you can edit what affects tactic success rate and to which amount, you can edit terrain and add new building spaces to a city.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything about changing to what city a port/gate belongs to yet. Or if you could even create new cities. I don't think that works.

EDIT: Just a side note, it seems that Pike tactics increase the chance of capturing officers. There is some kind of formula.

EDIT2: Okay, I've looked through everything now. In the end there's really much stuff which does not interest me at all. The Editor allows to change some... well, gameplay values for the most part. Injury probability through certain attacks, tactic success rates and by what they are affected, how much an officer can improve in a stat, how much troops (etc.) a city, port, gate or unit can hold, such things.
Oh yeah, and of course you can edit generals and that stuff you can do with Van's Editor as well it seems, just more limited.
The most interesting things for me are:
-Altering and adding new skills
-Apply new item bonuses (allows to add stat bonuses and even a hidden skill to an item?)
-Adding building spaces to cities

I was kind of hoping that you could change city-port/gate relations and perhaps add something new (a port or so). I guess I hoped too much then. :lol:
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 am

Shame it doesn't look like you can add new cities and bulwarks, or tinker with port/gate ownership. Some people want Nanman elephants, I want to change ports around. :lol:

I also don't really care that much about changing the various percentages. But if someone sat down and tinkered with this and worked out what's changing in the hex when you alter a skill for instance, and then we worked out how to replicate the effects through hex editing, that would be a dream come true for me.

I'm guessing this alters the main exe file or something rather than the scenario files, yeah?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms