Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

Great, well done! :D

If you sum up your discoveries in a post and explain everything, I'll link to it in the first post.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Alliances :

Alliances are made of 7 bytes, Located 2 bytes after the force color, it is made by adding up specifique numbers for each force you ally with, the number 2^x , you replace x with your force number (the number is found in the allegiance byte for officers and cities) here is an example which is better for explaining:

Let's try an ally Gongsun Zan and Gongsun Du in RoH senario :
you open up your hex editor, find Gongsun Zan (the officer) : his allegiance number is 0B which gives us 11 in decimal , we find 2^11= 2048 which gives us 800 in hex, as usual we inverse the bytes and that gives us 00 08 , this is the number we will use to ally him. we go to Gongsun Du (officer) and find his allegiance number, it is 0C, 12 in decimal , we have 2^12 = 4096 and that would be 1000 in hex, inverse the byte and we get 00 10
Now we go to Gongsun Zan's force code , find the alliance part and we put Gongsun Du's alliance number 00 10
We go to Gongsun Du's force code , find the alliance part and we put Gongsun Zan's alliance number 00 08
Coalitions:
For creating coalitions, all we have to do is add up the alliance numbers, for example if we want to have a force allied with both the gongsun's we add 00 10 and 00 08 to get 00 18 , which is the number we will put in our force's code alliance part

This was Lord Cao Cao's and Zyzyfer's deduction, most I did was the testing :P
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Was that clear enough Lord Cao Cao? if something is missing let me know
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 pm

You shouldn't look at the officer for the allegiance number, because if there were only Cao Cao and Gongsun Du on a map, Gongsun Du's allegiance number would be 01 and not 0c. His force remains 0c though.
But the rest is good, thank you!
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Well isn't the force number the byte before location and service bytes ? I just checked in my current save and it is the same for the rulers, maybe I got the force code and allegiance confused, can you tell me what's the difference ?
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:44 pm

It's not the force number, but the district number.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:48 pm

I see now, so districts are "different" forces ? that would explain how the game recognizes which officers work in districts, thanks lord cao cao ! so now how do we find the force code that we need to use in the save file
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Yeah, the district number. It happens to match the force number most of the times. But as soon there's a free force spot between the forces or the force has more than one district, it won't match anymore.

You get the correct number by simply counting or looking at the force colour part. But keep in mind that there are certain forces who don't use the "right" colour. For example, Lu Bu's force is the usually the 11th force in the force code, 0a, and the force colour there is also 0a (black), so it fits. But Han Fu on the other hand is on force spot 0e, but his colour there is 2e, so he doesn't use the 0e colour (which would be dark red), but 2e (the brown colour).
Other forces who have them same "issue" as Han Fu are Ding Yuan, Zhang Yang, Kong Zhou, Liu Du, Zhao Fan, Zhong Hui and Han Sui. The rest should always use the correct colour.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:09 pm

thanks for clearing that up Lord Cao Cao, I just found out something in the building part, you said that the 01 byte (rotation) was the start of the build , while actually it is the last byte of the build.
Last edited by kiko94 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Really? Good to know that, thanks.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods