Some custom scenarios for XI

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Some custom scenarios for XI

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah, so since the Koei forum page still doesn't work, I think I'll release my custom scenarios here as well. You might download them and try them out, just keep in mind that, well, they don't have any X series changes.

For everyone who's interested in creating custom scenarios, here's the guide created by user Zetta at the Koei US forum.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lz4ql2p45dm1x7x

I'll cut the list into two posts because of images.

So, here are the first scenarios. They are conversions of the chinese PUK version. I've done 5 of the 6 PUK scenarios, the last one was done by Zetta himself (though I don't have it anymore).
Thanks goes to foosoomin from Koei US/KoeiWarriors for reuploading all scenarios I have made (lost pretty much all of them and some download links were down) and SteinsGate from KoeiWarriors for reuploading the movies.
Put the scenarios into the RTKXI/Media/scenario folder (rename the files if necessary) and the movies to RTKXI/Media/movie folder.

Lu Bu Campaign (198)

Map

Description
The first of six PUK scenarios, set in 198. Yuan Shu declared himself Emperor, causing the neighboring forces to form an alliance against him. Lu Bu soon betrayed the alliance, stealing Xu Province from Liu Bei and siding with Yuan Shu. Liu Bei went to Cao Cao, asking him for help. Cao Cao agreed and prepared to march on Lu Bu.

Force List
Cao Cao: Chenliu, Puyang, Xuchang, Luoyang
Liu Bei: Runan
Sun Ce: Jianye, Wu, Huiji
Ma Teng: Wuwei, Tianshui, Anding
Liu Zhang: Chengdu, Zitong, Jiangzhou
Liu Biao: Xiangyang, Jiangxia, Jiangling
Yuan Shao: Ye, Nanpi, Pingyuan, Beihai
Yuan Shu: Shouchun, Lujiang
Zhang Lu: Hanzhong
Lu Bu: Xiapi, Xiaopei
Gongsun Zan: Beiping, Ji
Gongsun Du: Xiangping
Zhang Yang: Jinyang
Zhang Xiu: Wan

Chaos in the Yuan Family (203)

Map

Description
The second of six PUK scenarios, set in 203. Yuan Shao lost the Battle of Guandu and died in Ye. Wanting to exploit the situation, Cao Cao prepared an attack on Hebei, but his strategist Guo Jia urged him to wait. With the youngest son Yuan Shang being appointed as Yuan Shao's successor, the eldest son Yuan Tan staged a rebellion in Qing Province. In Southern China, Sun Ce was killed by Xu Gong's retainers and the young Sun Quan succeeded him.

Force List
Cao Cao: Puyang, Xiapi, Xiaopei, Chenliu, Xuchang, Runan, Luoyang, Chang'an, Wan, Shouchun
Liu Bei: Xinye
Sun Quan: Jianye, Wu, Huiji, Lujiang, Chaisang
Yuan Shang: Ye, Nanpi, Jinyang, Beiping, Ji
Yuan Tan: Pingyuan, Beihai

Power Struggle (217)

Map

Description
The third of six PUK scenarios, set in 217. Liu Bei united the lands of Shu and finally became a major force. He finally had the strength to fight his nemesis Cao Cao, but before that he had to split Jing Province between him and Sun Quan of Wu. Liu Bei then targeted Cao Cao's newly acquired city of Hanzhong and chose Huang Zhong to lead the attack. Cao Cao opposed him with his veteran general Xiahou Yuan.

Force List
Cao Cao: Xuchang, Runan, Luoyang, Wan, Chang'an, Chenliu, Puyang, Shouchun, Xiapi, Xiaopei, Ye, Pingyuan, Beihai, Nanpi, Ji, Beiping, Anding, Tianshui, Hanzhong
Liu Bei: Chengdu, Zitong, Jiangzhou, Yong'an, Jianning, Jiangling, Wuling, Lingling
Sun Quan: Jianye, Wu, Huiji, Lujiang, Chaisang, Jiangxia, Changsha, Guiyang
Gongsun Gong: Xiangping
Meng Huo: Yunnan

Emperor He Jin (187)

Map

Description
The first fictional scenario of PUK, set in 187. After putting down the Yellow Turban Rebellion, Great General He Jin got into a quarrel with the eunuch faction. He decided to kill the whole faction, succeeded in it and destroyed the only opposition against him. With seemingly nobody able to stand up against him, he forced Emperor Shao to abdicate in his favour and became the new Emperor of the Han Dynasty. This caused many officers loyal to the Han to leave his services and rise in rebellion.

Force List
Cao Cao: Chenliu
Liu Bei: Ji
Sun Jian: Wu
Ma Teng: Wuwei
Liu Yan: Jiangxia
Dong Zhuo: Tianshui
Liu Biao: Puyang
Yuan Shu: Runan
Zhang Lu: Xiaopei
Gongsun Zan: Beiping
Gongsun Du: Xiangyang
Kong Rong: Pingyuan
Tao Qian: Jianye
Zhang Yan: Nanpi
Guan Hai: Beihai
He Jin: Luoyang, Chang'an, Wan
Ding Yuan: Jinyang
Lou Gui: Xiangyang
Xun Yu: Xuchang
Chen Gui: Xiapi
Ou Xing: Changsha
Pang Xi: Zitong
Yan Yan: Jiangzhou

Lords of Zhong Yuan (191)

Map

Description
The second fictional scenario of PUK, set in 191. After Dong Zhuo fled to Chang'an, the Coalition disbanded. Four major forces emerged in the subsequent months. Yuan Shao, who gained the services of Liu Dai and Cao Cao, Yuan Shu, who gained the services of Sun Jian, Gongsun Zan, who gained the services of Liu Bei, Tao Qian and Kong Rong, and Liu Biao. Yuan Shao allied himself with Liu Biao and Gongsun Zan allied himself with Yuan Shu. The two blocks then started to fight for control over the Central Plains.

Force List
Jiang Qin: Lujiang
Liu Yan: Chengdu, Zitong, Jiangzhou
Dong Zhuo: Chang'an, Tianshui, Anding
Liu Biao: Xiangyang, Jiangxia
Yuan Shao: Ye, Chenliu, Puyang
Yuan Shu: Wan, Luoyang, Xuchang
Gongsun Zan: Beiping, Nanpi, Pingyuan, Beihai, Xiapi
Liu Yu: Ji
Yan Baihu: Wu
Liu Yao: Jianye
Liu Pi: Runan
Last edited by Lord_Cao_Cao on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Some custom scenarios for XI

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:00 am

These are "real" custom scenarios. They don't have any movies. Some are historical (or semi-historical) and some are fictional.

Chaos in Chang An (192)

Map

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?x1fteqew1eeueby

Description
A semi-historical scenario set in 192. After moving the capital to Chang'an, Dong Zhuo continued his tyranical rule. This lead to a coup staged by Wang Yun, with Lu Bu killing Dong Zhuo and taking control over Chang'an. Dong Zhuo's remnants gathered in Xiliang and prepared to assault the city and retake it. In Jing, Sun Jian died in battle against Liu Biao. Sun Ce traded the Imperial Seal in exchange for troops and positioned himself in Xinye to attack Liu Biao. In the north, Yuan Shao forced Han Fu to surrender and Cao Cao defeated the Yellow Turbans in Yan, creating the Qingzhou Army.

Force List
Cao Cao: Chenliu, Puyang
Liu Bei: Pingyuan
Sun Ce: Xinye
Liu Yan: Chengdu, Zitong, Jiangzhou
Li Jue: Anding, Tianshui
Liu Biao: Xiangyang, Jiangxia
Yuan Shao: Ye, Nanpi
Yuan Shu: Wan
Lu Bu: Chang'an
Liu Yu: Ji
Kong Rong: Beihai
Tao Qian: Xiapi, Xiaopei
Wang Lang: Huiji
Liu Yao: Jianye

Imperial Rescue (196)

Map

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?5m4u8o0exhiai07

Description
A semi-historical scenario set in 196. Emperor Xian escaped from the fangs of Li Jue and Guo Si and entered the destroyed Luoyang. He asked for help from the surrounding lords, but only Cao Cao answered and came to help fight off the pursuers. However, the general Yang Feng felt that Cao Cao was not the right person to recieve the Emperor, so he forced Cao Cao out of Luoyang. In Huainan, Yuan Shu declared himself Emperor, leading to the formation of a Coalition against him by Cao Cao, Sun Ce, Lu Bu and Liu Bei.

Force List
Cao Cao: Xuchang, Chenliu, Puyang
Liu Bei: Xiapi
Sun Ce: Jianye, Wu
Ma Teng: Wuwei, Anding, Tianshui
Li Jue: Chang'an
Yuan Shao: Ye, Nanpi, Pingyuan, Beihai
Yuan Shu: Shouchun, Lujiang
Lu Bu: Xiaopei
Gongsun Zan: Beiping, Ji
Wang Lang: Huiji
Zhang Xiu: Wan
Liu Pi: Runan

Burning Desire (208)

Map

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?3lc6k9sowmf0v9v

Description
A historical scenario set in 208. Basically the prelude of the Battle of Chibi.

Force List
Cao Cao: Jiangling, Xiangyang, Xinye, Wan, Xuchang, Runan, Shouchun, Chenliu, Puyang, Xiapi, Xiaopei, Luoyang, Chang'an, Ye, Nanpi, Pingyuan, Beihai, Beiping, Ji
Liu Bei: Jiangxia
Sun Quan: Jianye, Wu, Huiji, Lujiang, Chaisang
Gongsun Kang: Xiangping
Han Xuan: Changsha
Jin Xuan: Wuling
Zhao Fan: Guiyang
Liu Du: Lingling

Rise of the Yellow Dragon (185)

Map

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?aahj0mt094fcqfr

Description
A fictional scenario set in 185. Ma Yuanyi's plan of infiltrating Luoyang worked. With the capital in Chaos, the Yellow Turban Rebellion was successful. Zhang Jiao's forces stormed the capital, killed He Jin and his generals and dethroned the Emperor, executing him and his family publically. But Zhang Jiao's dream of a land ruled by Yellow Turbans should not become true yet. Many forces loyal to the Han rose up and formed an alliance against the Yellow Turbans.

Force List
Cao Cao: Shouchun
Liu Bei: Ji
Sun Jian: Xiapi
Liu Yan: Zitong
Dong Zhuo: Tianshui
Liu Biao: Xiangyang
Yuan Shao: Chang'an
Yuan Shu: Runan
Zhang Jiao: Chenliu, Puyang, Luoyang, Xiaopei, Wan, Ye, Pingyuan, Beihai, Nanpi
Ding Yuan: Jinyang
Ou Xing: Changsha

Reversal (197)

Map

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?su2f522ck89a68c

Description
A fictional scenario set in 197. Gongsun Zan emerged victorious at the Battle of Jieqiao, killing Yuan Shao in the process. Yuan Tan was not able to hold the defense and was defeated. In the Central Plains, Lu Bu killed Cao Cao at the Battle of Puyang and captured Xu Province, killing Liu Bei and his sworn brothers as well. Sun Ce died in his assault on Jiangdong, allowing Liu Yao to take control. Yuan Shu used Cao Cao's death to spread his influence north. Ma Teng assaulted Chang'an, but died in the battle, leaving Han Sui to lead the remnants. Li Jue and Guo Si started to quarrel, causing their forces to split. Zhang Ji raided Jing Province and killed Liu Biao, who was succeeded by Cai Mao. This caused Liu Qi to rebel in Jiangxia. In Yi, Pang Xi rebelled against Liu Zhang, killing him. Liu Xun gathered the remnants in Jiangzhou, while Zhang Lu used the chaos to start an invasion of Yi.

Force List
Han Sui: Wuwei
Liu Xun: Jiangzhou
Li Jue: Luoyang, Chang'an
Cai Mao: Xiangyang, Jiangling
Yuan Shu: Shouchun, Lujiang, Xuchang, Runan, Chenliu
Zhang Lu: Hanzhong, Zitong
Lu Bu: Xiapi, Xiaopei, Puyang, Beihai
Gongsun Zan: Beiping, Ji, Nanpi, Ye, Pingyuan
Liu Yao: Jianye, Wu Huiji
Zhang Ji: Wan
Guo Si: Anding, Tianshui
Liu Qi: Jiangxia
Pang Xi: Chengdu

The Rise of Cao Mao (260)

This one was a collaboration between me and KauSu from KoeiWarriors. Might suffer from officer deaths.
Map

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?ykjen3n84pgnkjt

Description
A fictional scenario set in 260. The Sima family started to abuse their power and used the Wei emperors as puppets. Cao Mao did not like the situation and decided to rise in revolt. Aided by generals such as Chen Tai, Guanqiu Jian, Zhuge Dan, Wen Qin and Xiahou Xuan, Cao Mao rose in rebellion and declared war on Sima Yan.

Force List
Cao Mao: Ye, Nanpi, Pingyuan, Beihai, Jinyang, Beiping, Ji, Xiaopei, Puyang, Xiapi, Shouchun
Liu Shan: Chengdu, Zitong, Jiangzhou, Jianning, Yong'an, Hanzhong
Sun Xiu: Jianye, Wu, Huiji, Lujiang, Chaisang, Jiangxia, Jiangling, Wuling, Changsha, Lingling
Sima Yan: Luoyang, Chenliu, Xuchang, Runan, Wan, Xinye, Xiangyang, Shangyong, Chang'an, Anding, Tianshui

Well, that's it for now. I'm... currently planning to do 5 additional scenarios, 4 What if style scenarios (similar to Louhawks scenarios from Koei US) and one original scenario I've wanted to do for a long time now.
Last edited by Lord_Cao_Cao on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am

Nice. If I Xify any of these I will post them here.

By the way, do you happen to have the blank scenario? I checked for kiko94 but I don't seem to have it.
Are we etched in stone or just scratched in the sand
Waiting for the waves to come and reclaim the land
Will the sun shine all sweetness and light
Burn us to a cinder, our third stone satellite
I'm on a tight rope baby
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:49 am

Nope, don't have it either. Google doesn't seem to help, looks like it can only be found on the Koei forum. Btw, I really wonder why the forum is inaccessible. It's been for a few weeks now, I don't remember any announcement and the page itself doesn't state that there are any problems.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Finally, a Chibi scenario. :D I'll try at least two of these out after my current game ends.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 am

Great Cao Mao's campaign is up. It'll be a long battle for unification of China from Jin. :lol:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 am

Hyper90 wrote:Great Cao Mao's campaign is up. It'll be a long battle for unification of China from Jin. :lol:

I'd really suggest to set lifespans to fictional. When I created the scenario, I didn't really think about increasing officers' lifespans or creating new officers to compensate the low officer core. Plus, there are no searchable or free officers. All officers who are alive are serving a force already.

But it's cool that someone actually plays that scenario, I haven't got much feedback for it. Should it become unplayable after a few years, let me know. Maybe I'll consider adding a few officers for it.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for the trouble Zyzyfer, I guess it would be good exercise to delete forces, I'm back at school so I'll work on them in the weekend.
Thanks Lord Cao Cao for the senarios, I really enjoyed the few I played, Did you modify any of the dead officers ? I'm hoping to revive Wen Chou and Yan Liang, don't know why, but I can't play a senario without having them on my side :P
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:04 pm

kiko94 wrote:Thanks for the trouble Zyzyfer, I guess it would be good exercise to delete forces, I'm back at school so I'll work on them in the weekend.
Thanks Lord Cao Cao for the senarios, I really enjoyed the few I played, Did you modify any of the dead officers ? I'm hoping to revive Wen Chou and Yan Liang, don't know why, but I can't play a senario without having them on my side :P

I did revive dead officers for the fictional ones (185, 197 and 260). But other than that, no. I don't know if Yan Liang and Wen Chou are alive in the 197 scenario right now. If they are, they serve Gongsun Zan.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 am

I don't know if you're getting lots of downloads, but it might help a bit to put up the little start of game summaries so people know what happened prior to the scenarios, if you have the time for it that is. The ideas behind some of the custom scenarios are really neat.
Are we etched in stone or just scratched in the sand
Waiting for the waves to come and reclaim the land
Will the sun shine all sweetness and light
Burn us to a cinder, our third stone satellite
I'm on a tight rope baby
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms