ROTK XI Rise of Heroes - Which Sovereign?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Which force has the advantage/best chance to win in ROTK XI Rise of Heroes?

Liu Bei
33%
Cao Cao
33%
Sima Yi
4%
Sun Jian
17%
Yuan Shao
4%
Lu Bu
4%
Gongsun Zan
No votes
Dong Zhuo
No votes
Deng Ai
No votes
Liu Yan
No votes
Meng Huo
No votes
Zhong Hui
No votes
Yellow Turbans
4%

Total votes : 24

ROTK XI Rise of Heroes - Which Sovereign?

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:48 pm

In Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, which Sovereign has the advantage - politically, domestically, militarily, concerning personnel, etc. (submit poll response)?

Which sovereign do you prefer (reply with post)?

Which sovereign is the most annoying (reply with post)?

Which sovereign is wiped out first (reply with post)?
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: ROTK XI Rise of Heroes - Which Sovereign?

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

epaminondas146871 wrote:In Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, which Sovereign has the advantage - politically, domestically, militarily, concerning personnel, etc. (submit poll response)?

Cao Mengde!!!

Which sovereign do you prefer (reply with post)?

Any ruler that has the surname Sun!

Which sovereign is the most annoying (reply with post)?

I want to say Liu Bei but, I think I'll go with Tao Qian.

Which sovereign is wiped out first (reply with post)?

Hmm, probably Zhang Yang or Han Fu from personal experience though I've seen both last relatively longer than expected.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Still new to the game but I'm playing as Sun Jian right now and I notice he has a number of advantages. He starts with the most officers — including ones with some of the best skills (two Negotiators) — and if you search Chai Sang and Jiang Xia you'll find fellas with Capture and Efficacy. Jiang Xia starts as a free city and SJ can easily get there first, and even if someone manages to take it from you Wu's naval aptitude makes defending Chai Sang a piece of cake. Upon wiping out Yuan Shu, you'll find yourself near to some extremely weak forces. Really the only possibly pitfall in the earlygoing is Liu Bei, and he'll find it hard to match you in naval combat.

epaminondas146871 wrote:Which sovereign is wiped out first?

If Cao Cao doesn't roll down and wipe out Kong Zhou immediately, I'd say the old boy is suffering from serious brain wind.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:06 pm

In Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, which Sovereign has the advantage - politically, domestically, militarily, concerning personnel, etc. (submit poll response)? Liu Bei for me, considering how much i hate him...

Which sovereign do you prefer (reply with post)? Cao Cao even if he lacks some of the big names in his force T_T

Which sovereign is the most annoying (reply with post)? that has got to be Sima Yi and his "lol fortress of luo yang"

Which sovereign is wiped out first (reply with post)? liu dai or kong zhuo
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm

To answer my own questions....

Sun Jian has great personnel, but unfortunately, having a 12 space city makes playing as him tough.

Liu Bei has one two three of the Divines along with God's Command and a staunch domestic and military lineup, but Cao Cao's Guo Jia typically reaches 100 Int before Liu Bei is encountered, and the Cao/Xiahou family has a fantastic group of officers including the lord himself, the Xiahou brothers, Cao Zhang, Cao Hong, Cao Ren, and more, not to mention all the advisors: Xun Yu, Xun You, Liang Xi, Guo Jia... To top it off, Xu Chang has 20 development slots. So Cao Cao is the greatest!

I prefer Sima Yi: You get the major Sima's, Jia Kui, Yang Hu, Du Yu, and more by Rumor bombing the Yellow Turbans, Northern forces, and Western forces. And then you have the largest, most powerful city in the game: Luo Yang.

Lu Bu. Especially if you're in NeiBei, because he'll won't stop naval assaulting you with B or C navy officers. It's quite annoying and resource/time consuming, especially because the North isn't high on Naval talent either.

Liu Dai. Between the Yellow Turbans, Sima Yi, and Cao Cao, he falls by the end of the first season.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Question 1: Under AI, Liu Bei, who always does the best. Under a human, Sun Jian is the best. You can lure Liu Bei into the water, smite him, then capture his city and recruit his officers. Game's over already. Cao Cao's the worst of the three here, oddly, because he has the stiffest opposition early on.
Note that I voted Liu Bei before posting, and then I realized you might want the answer as if a human controled him.

Question 2: None, really.

Question 3: Liu Bei. Has the strongest generals and usually the most cities when you fight him (unless you're playing as Wu and take steps to handle him).

Question 4: I don't think there's any single one that always goes first in RoH. Liu Biao, Kong Rong, Kong Zhou, Liu Yu and Gongsun Du always seem to go out early.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Gray Riders wrote:Question 4: I don't think there's any single one that always goes first in RoH. Liu Biao, Kong Rong, Kong Zhou, Liu Yu and Gongsun Du always seem to go out early.

I forgot about them. :lol: I'd say, from my experience Kong Zhou, Liu Yu, & Gongsun Du exit a bit faster than Liu Biao and Kong Rong do. I usually feel bad for Kong Zhou and Liu Yu though.

EDIT: After reading your post, I realized that I made my selections on human controlled rather than AI controlled.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 pm

When controlled by AI, Liu Bei always does best as noted above. He has a good lineup and some weaker forces around him. Cao Cao surprisingly doesn't do too well---I think it's because he's got too many mouths to feed and can't expand fast enough. He tends to go for Luoyang, and Sima can easily hold him back. In none of my RoH games is Cao Cao much of a threat at all.

I've never seen Sun Jian do much in any of my games, either. Unless I'm playing as him.

Kong Zhou tends to last a while in my games. Usually the first to go is one of those goons in southern Jing or Liu Dai. In fact, in my last game as Sima Yi, where I did the long way around (conquer the northeast then down to Lu Bu and finally back to Cao Cao), Kong Zhou lasted until I've pretty much conquered everything around him and persuaded him to surrender.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Question 1:
I'd say Liu Bei. Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong, etc... All of them with powerful unique skills.

Question 2:
Cao Cao. I love playing as him in general.

Question 3:
Can't tell. It really depends on where you start. I find Lu Bu annoying as Cao Cao, Liu Bei as Sun Jian and vice versa.

Question 4:
Usually in my games, it's Kong Rong who is blown away by Lu Bu's cavalry. After that we have the usual line-up of Kong Zhou, Gongsun Du, Yong Kai, Liu Biao, Tao Qian and Liu Dai who barely make it past the first year.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

I'm not a big fan of ROH, I know, I'm the oddball. I blame the Deng glitch, Deng Ai with his big fat pink city causes lots of glitches.

1: I voted Liu Bei as well. Taking out Liu Biao so fast gives him an insanely quick edge - big city and even more officers.

2: I guess I prefer just playing a created force. A lot of the rulers look like fun so I'm sure I'll get around to playing them eventually. Deng Ai in particular would be neat, or Sima Yi or Yuan Shao.

3: Deng Ai because of the stupid glitch in my copy. But I've managed a workaround, so it's no longer a problem. I generally don't find any of the forces annoying, it's basically whoever is near you at the start. I was pretty annoyed when I played Yan Baihu and Cao Cao fleshed out the entire western and central area of the map, making him my nemesis.

Oh, right. I hate Gongsun Zan. Hate hate hate. STOP WINNING.

4: You've gotten plenty of answers. The usual suspects.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms