ROTK X: 10 units which would you choose?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

ROTK X: 10 units which would you choose?

Unread postby PandaUnits » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 am

What are 10 units which would you choose to go to battle in ROTK X?
You can list your dream team, or the strongest team that you actually got. You can also explain these units is to attack or defense if you feel need to. :)

This is my units:
1 Tiger, Exp=1000 (siege weapon: Ram, Tower, Catapult.)
5 Marksmen, Exp=1000 (sw: Tower, Catapult.)
1 Horsebow, Exp=1000 (sw: Ram, Tower, Catapult.)
3 Qing Elite, Exp=1000 (sw: Ram, Tower, Catapult.)

I make this thread right after completing this team. :lol:
When Cao Cao asked Guan Yu, "Why do you only loyal to Liu Bei?".
Guan Yu said, "Isn't it if my loyalty can be purchased will give you trouble".
PandaUnits
Tyro

Re: ROTK X: 10 units which would you choose?

Unread postby Ratzalot » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 pm

5 Marksmen w/Tower *
3 Armored *
2 Qing Elite *

*All units equipped with Warship and Wood Ox.

All you need is 5 Marksmen w/Tower and you can unify China with ease. The Armored and Qing Elite provide mobile security and power. Armored units are awesome; they last forever. They are vulnerable to fire, but if you have an officer with the Aero skill, you can keep the weather rainy and virtually eliminate the threat. I refuse to use any cavalry units once I have top-tier units. I almost never attempt to attack the city gates as I like the cities to retain their high defenses after I occupy them. I do like to have a set of Elephant units when I'm attacking forts and road gates though.
Ratzalot
Master

Unread postby PandaUnits » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:35 am

Wow! Ratzalot.. I agree with everything you say, you really expert in this game (I have just realized the strategy to use Armored troops). Well, I need to learn more.
When Cao Cao asked Guan Yu, "Why do you only loyal to Liu Bei?".
Guan Yu said, "Isn't it if my loyalty can be purchased will give you trouble".
PandaUnits
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:08 pm

I usually just send 4 Marksmen (with Tower) and 1 Tiger/Horsebow (with ram), and everyone with the Warlord skill. Really if you can share your action points across all units you can make do with just 1 Marksmen and 1 unit for knocking down gates and city halls swiftly.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby T2_2112 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 am

Lady Wu wrote:I usually just send 4 Marksmen (with Tower) and 1 Tiger/Horsebow (with ram), and everyone with the Warlord skill. Really if you can share your action points across all units you can make do with just 1 Marksmen and 1 unit for knocking down gates and city halls swiftly.

Warlord skill WOW, but RARE and Tiger die too quick if they have some bowmen. I do not like Armored, they die fast with some fire, which skill many general have. So Markmen with tower, Qing Elite for protect :mrgreen: .
T2_2112
Initiate

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 am

T2_2112 wrote:
Lady Wu wrote:I usually just send 4 Marksmen (with Tower) and 1 Tiger/Horsebow (with ram), and everyone with the Warlord skill. Really if you can share your action points across all units you can make do with just 1 Marksmen and 1 unit for knocking down gates and city halls swiftly.

Warlord skill WOW, but RARE and Tiger die too quick if they have some bowmen. I do not like Armored, they die fast with some fire, which skill many general have. So Markmen with tower, Qing Elite for protect :mrgreen: .

Qing Elite is rarer than the Warlord skill. ;)

Also, I would have wiped out all archers with the marksmen/tower units first. The Tiger unit is really for speed in knocking down gates, doing the cheap-ass ambush/lure trick, or sending an intelligent officer in to Blunder the heck out of the enemy.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby T2_2112 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:09 am

Lady Wu wrote:Also, I would have wiped out all archers with the marksmen/tower units first. The Tiger unit is really for speed in knocking down gates, doing the cheap-ass ambush/lure trick, or sending an intelligent officer in to Blunder the heck out of the enemy.

Yeah, you right :mrgreen: . Archer with tower on the wall hard to get off :rangry: do you have any ideas for them :twisted:

BTW, off topic, do you still have RTK10 PUK Chinese to English Translation Patch ??? Can you give me the link download, no where i can download now :?
T2_2112
Initiate

Unread postby Ratzalot » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 am

Lady Wu wrote:Qing Elite is rarer than the Warlord skill.

So true. It can be a major pain acquiring Qing Elite from captured cities. I've completed multiple games without acquiring any Qing Elite. Sentinel units aren't anything to complain about though if you aren't lucky enough to get some Qing Elite.
Ratzalot
Master

Unread postby T2_2112 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:01 am

Ratzalot wrote:
Lady Wu wrote:Qing Elite is rarer than the Warlord skill.

So true. It can be a major pain acquiring Qing Elite from captured cities. I've completed multiple games without acquiring any Qing Elite. Sentinel units aren't anything to complain about though if you aren't lucky enough to get some Qing Elite.

You need to save Ping Yuan from the Yellow Turbans,Or you could take one of Cao Cao's City's with some of them in it. So hard :(
T2_2112
Initiate

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 pm

As Lady Wu said, i would choose 1 marksman with tower, and the rest,hm... let me see, 1 elephant, because i like elephants =D. horsebows, sentinels. All with Warlord skills, because all of them can direct the marksman unit, the unit climbs the wall, make a tower ans attack all units in the line of the gate. It's the perfect plan for me. I always try to capture cities that have bow garrison and foundry, only to have fun. =D
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms