Funny moments in RTK

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Funny moments in RTK

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

lets share some funny moments you've noticed when you're playing the game.

i remembered there was once using zhuge liang and pang tong challenged zhuge ke for a duel, and he accept !

that was pretty ironic for me to see strategist duels
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Funny moments in RTK XI

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 pm

200 AD Yuan Shu was on his last legs and was getting attacked by Liu Bei's army

Zhang Fei was on the field and with about 5000 troops left, Yuan Shu leading his remaining 600 troops attacked zhang fei....and died.

i've never seen anyone die from attacking a enemy so i spent 5 minutes yelling LOL WUT and laughing :lol:

Yuan Shu always seems to manage going beyond the impossible...in the complete opposite direction
Ding Feng/Sun Shang Xiang is my new one true crack pairing XD (thank you ROT3KXI)
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 pm

I think the closest thing to funny I've experienced was --

Challenged Ma Chao to a duel with Xu Huang - he knocked me off the horse before duel.

Immediately after, challenged him to a duel with Zhang Liao and he knocked me off the horse before duel.

Immediately after, challenged him to a duel with Yi Zhuanyong -- knocked him off his horse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also beat Zhao Yun in a duel without taking one hit in 7 bouts with Zhang Fei.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Zhuge Liang was making his rounds of the city, looking to see if there was any gold lying around he could find, when he stumbled upon a most unusual sight; 'twas Mi Heng, acting as Mi Heng does, and raising a ruckus with his loud ridicule of Liu Bei's army. At the sight of the famed strategist, Mi Heng smiled most deviously, challening him to a debate in the hopes of humiliating Liu Bei's army further by defeating their chief strategist. The two stood, face to face, as all looked on in wonder, from farmers and merchants to soldiers and officials, none could not stare at the contest about to unfold, when...
"I don't have to listen to what you have to say!" Zhuge Liang shouted. And lo! A bolt of lightning descended from the sky itself, striking Mi Heng down as the ground beneath him crumbled.

Edit: Hey, Hyper90, why not expand the topic to include funny moments in the whole series? We could get more amusing stories that way.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Gray Riders wrote:Edit: Hey, Hyper90, why not expand the topic to include funny moments in the whole series? We could get more amusing stories that way.

anything you guys like. :D

-----
in the sand lands north of jiangling.. huang zhong saw a figure on a horse, holding a sword with glittering gems. the man had an eyepatch, it was no other than xiahou dun himself!

huang zhong galloped forth, shouting :
HZ: enemy general, i challenge you to a duel!
XhD: what an excellent opportunity!

hence when they meet at a distance,

HZ: i am huang zhong ! greatest archer in China !
XhD: hahaha ! a weakling like you is no match for me

just as xiahou dun finishes, "POW!" an arrow hits his right shoulder, and he fell from his horse.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:28 am

haha. i have a couple of those moments.

1. In ROTK XI, i was in a debate, and my character got angered. then, the enemy calmed me down, and then right after that, he became angry. its funny to me how the enemy calmed me down so he can be angry instead. :o

2. In ROTK VII, i was promoted to warlord. the first thing i did was propose that he set his and all other officers in the cities's troops except for mine to 0. right after that i pulled off a coup and executed the liege. :twisted: they had no soldiers to repel me, because i asked to take them away! :lol:
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Masatog » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 am

Funniest moment would probably be... when a timid officer gets enraged and they do the overkill to the opponent when their HP is already at zero.

Other than that, when in a duel, a KO is won from either throwing knives or feign retreating.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Ru Meng » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 am

LOL a lot of those are really funny. I don't have many but on my last game it was just me and Sun Jian. I sent troops to Xiapi
where Sun Jian,Sun Ce,Sun Quan and Sun Ren were stationed. I ended up catching and killing them all. I just think that is kinda
funny and the fact he kept sending troops out.
Ru Meng
Tyro

Unread postby Masatog » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:03 pm

So after playing, I managed to get some unique dialogues that I thought were a bit funny, considering the situation or action they are doing.

Have Dong Zhuo do Inspections to increase Order?

Zhou Tai gets injured from a fire after staying in one for too long?

Uuh... Injured Yan Yan started a duel against Lu Su... what?

That's all I found rather amusing at the moment.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby devtherev » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Masatog wrote:Uuh... Injured Yan Yan started a duel against Lu Su... what?

Please tell me Lu Su won :lol:
devtherev
Scholar

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms