Funny moments in RTK

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Funny moments in RTK XI

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 pm

well, in zhou yu''s case.

i dont think ever any cao cao's envoys are safely return :lol:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:30 pm

It's hilarious when a supply unit goes out and the guy says, "Chong a!" which in Chinese means, "Charge!". Transport units charging? It's pretty comical.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Embrace Your Demise » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:05 am

epaminondas146871 wrote:It's hilarious when a supply unit goes out and the guy says, "Chong a!" which in Chinese means, "Charge!". Transport units charging? It's pretty comical.

I actually had a transport unit destroy a calvary unit once. They enemy attacked it while I was trying to get it away from the city and I had one officer attack the calvary unit and they had like 300 troops left after the attack and the transport assisted them and it wiped out the enemy and I was like :shock:
Embrace Your Demise
Initiate

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am

Cao Cao attacked Anding with a stream of 100,000 troops. Anding was also maxed out but was obviously heavy on the cavalry, Cao Cao sent half footmen and half siege.

Anyway, at one point, Xu Zhu with a spear unit got wedged between five cavalry units. He had around 5,500 troops, but I had burned a lot of Will, so I decided on a joint attack. I figured he'd last the assault, he received a LDR boost in my game up to 80 or so, and I didn't have Elite Cavalry or anything.

Every single troop died...

Cavalry are ridiculous in the right hands. I wonder what would happen if 6 cavalry units at 10K each joint attacked Liu Shan? :shock:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Embrace Your Demise wrote:
epaminondas146871 wrote:It's hilarious when a supply unit goes out and the guy says, "Chong a!" which in Chinese means, "Charge!". Transport units charging? It's pretty comical.

I actually had a transport unit destroy a calvary unit once. They enemy attacked it while I was trying to get it away from the city and I had one officer attack the calvary unit and they had like 300 troops left after the attack and the transport assisted them and it wiped out the enemy and I was like :shock:

Another example of this is when you pull back into a city and the guy says charge.

One of my favorite moments was when I was Yuan Shu, and Shou Chun had about 15000 men. Cao Cao sends a pike unit of 11,000 made of Cao Cao's agile mind and 96 Ldr, Xun You's focus and 94 Int, and Xu Chu's 95 war and Indestructible. Lei Bo went out with 700 spears (thats all I had...) and spear rushes Cao Cao... confusing him. I surround Cao Cao and hit him with a crapload of units and firetraps and Cao Cao only recovers from confused when he has about 3000 men left. I keep joint attacking him until his unit is wiped out. One of Cao Cao's saddest moments.

It's also hilarious when someone really smart does a ploy and fails and then says "this is going to hurt my reputation..."

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm not sure if there's a "Funny moments in RTK VII" but this title should be changed to "Funny moments in RTK" just as a general thread, if you ask me.

RTK VII:
Zhuge Liang: "The heavens have answered my prayer, strike lightning!" Lightning hits one of my units and then hits and random spot on the ground. Lightning then hits Zhuge Liang's unit.
Zhuge Liang: "Why heavens?!"

Me: Rofl.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby zhengchenggong » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:43 pm

A funny moment I had while playing these days: I was playing YTR scenario with Sun Jian and I managed to employ Lu Bu from Ding Yuan. Everything was going fine until I attacked Ding Yuan with battle deaths on. Ding Yuan marched with bows and guess who killed him? Yup, Lu Bu. With his giant unit, he stood true to history by killing his adoptive father. I chuckled that day.
zhengchenggong
Apprentice

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Xia Kyoto wrote:I'm not sure if there's a "Funny moments in RTK VII" but this title should be changed to "Funny moments in RTK" just as a general thread, if you ask me.

RTK VII:
Zhuge Liang: "The heavens have answered my prayer, strike lightning!" Lightning hits one of my units and then hits and random spot on the ground. Lightning then hits Zhuge Liang's unit.
Zhuge Liang: "Why heavens?!"

Me: Rofl.

Whenever I use lightning in RTK VIII, I think about Cold Wind Blows, by Eminem .... "What the f*** I just got struck by lightning!"

I use mirage a lot more, getting 60%-90% of the enemy army confused or panicked allows for a lot of damage, though lightning pretty much wipes out 10,000 men per strike, what good is it if you're invading Lu Bu, and the three strikes hit Song Xian, Wei Xu, and Cao Xing? With Mirage, anyone confused is subject to easy attacks, and anyone not confused can be swarmed and taken out with little resistance from paralyzed enemy allies.

epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Funny moments in RTK

Unread postby Starscream » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I can't remember the exact words but setting up a debate between Zhang Fei and Lu Bu was especially hilarious in RTK 10. :lol:

When characters with above average intelligence debate, they will use eloquent words. Whereas for people like Lu Bu, they will either laugh in your face, grind their teeth, or shout something not too polite on the philosophical bridge.

So after many rounds of finger pointing and yelling, one of them finally fell off the bridge. I could almost imagine the next scene to be, "See you on horseback!"
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Re: Funny moments in RTK

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:08 pm

oh yes i did that too !!

i used to lu bu beat zhang fei in a debate to recruit him, then his brothers :lol:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms