Funny moments in RTK

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Funny moments in RTK XI

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Sun Fin wrote:OK... (this is a RoTK VIII story but o well...) So its the Yellow Turban campaign and Sun Fin has signed up to fight the evils of the YT. He fights well and get promoted and he ends up a prefect of a large city. And then He Jin dies. To his horror who should succeed him but the old enemy Zhang Liang. Seeing all his hard work going to waste Sun Fin rebels but after being beaten 3 times he decides to retire in disgust at the rest of China's hypocricy... :lol:

:lol: what has gone to this world...
reality, you just cant believe it don'cha ?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 am

Zyzyfer wrote:lol

You ever edited something like this? I've never worked with a game, but I know enough to sympathize.

Not nearly, but I try to take pride in grammar. If I see an old post where I made a typo, then I'll correct it lol. This is why perhaps 1/5th of my old posts we're always edited, as shown at the bottom of the posts.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:05 am

Xia Kyoto wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:lol

You ever edited something like this? I've never worked with a game, but I know enough to sympathize.

Not nearly, but I try to take pride in grammar. If I see an old post where I made a typo, then I'll correct it lol. This is why perhaps 1/5th of my old posts we're always edited, as shown at the bottom of the posts.

Yeah, fair enough, but the company that localized it (Pole To Win) professionally translated it with someone who is most likely knowledgeable in TK history and probably gave the clueless editor a single pass over the gargantuan Word file.

And remember, I called you on corps. :wink:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
Yeah, fair enough, but the company that localized it (Pole To Win) professionally translated it with someone who is most likely knowledgeable in TK history and probably gave the clueless editor a single pass over the gargantuan Word file.

And remember, I called you on corps. :wink:

That's where my sympathy kicks in. It probably won't be the last time you call me on a typo either :wink:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:21 am

I was in a midst of war with Yuan Shu, when Yuan Shu had personally fought me. He just performed a special attack and instead of me being defeated, Yuan Shu ended up dead.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:09 am

Im playing as liu biao

after zhang lu is beaten. liu zhang attacked me once. he failed.
the next round he started ceasefire and sending gold to me :|

the ironic part is, relations turned from hostile to poor :P
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Sun Fin wrote:OK... (this is a RoTK VIII story but o well...) So its the Yellow Turban campaign and Sun Fin has signed up to fight the evils of the YT. He fights well and get promoted and he ends up a prefect of a large city. And then He Jin dies. To his horror who should succeed him but the old enemy Zhang Liang. Seeing all his hard work going to waste Sun Fin rebels but after being beaten 3 times he decides to retire in disgust at the rest of China's hypocricy... :lol:

This exact same thing happened to me in VIII as well, only with my own protagonist. I had originally been apart of the coalition against YT though, as my own sovereign with my own protagonist (Xia Tzu), and watched as our coalition fell apart, as one faction after another fell victim to YT. Finally, He Jin and my own faction were the last two left, and we threw in everything just to conquer YT, though He Jin got most of the land, while as I built up from Shu. He ended up dying once being crowned king, and yes, astonishingly enough, Zhang Liang was crowned next. It was astonishing well because..it was just ironic how everyone who had fought against YT now served him (Zhang Liang's new faction had over 150 officers). I was done for, with almost every single hero available at the time from 3K fighting against me.
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Once, as Xun Yu, I managed to get a series of extremely critical hits on Hua Xiong after he forced a duel. Then, I struck a vital point and continued to beat him without a scratch or needing to have Xu Zhu come help me.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 pm

epaminondas146871 wrote:Once, as Xun Yu, I managed to get a series of extremely critical hits on Hua Xiong after he forced a duel. Then, I struck a vital point and continued to beat him without a scratch or needing to have Xu Zhu come help me.

The possibility of Xun Yu defeating Hua Xiong almost made me believe that you made up the story. :shock: I wish I could experience a moment like that.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:23 pm

And there was once this time where as Xiahoudun I lost to some southeastern Wu guy... I think Liu Yao... it was pretty humiliating
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms