Funny moments in RTK

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Funny moments in RTK

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:42 am

Xu Huang fan wrote:can't believe i'm posting here again, but during my Yuan Shao run in 190 i witnessed Kong Zhou take Xu Chang away from Dong Zhuo, Dong Zhuo was lucky he wasn't captured and executed because HE was in the city!

then later on i've seen Kong Zhou manage to get himself promoted to Governor and he's kicking Liu Biao's teeth in since he has characters like Guo Jia and Xu Zhu, this is amazing i have never seen Kong Zhou do this good.

Wow! Is this on XI? Those little rare surprises is what made it fun for me. I've seen Kong Zhou hold out in Ru Nan for years and try a few small scale attacks on Xu Chang. Never had much success in my games though.
Poor Liu Biao has a tough time defending against anyone it seems. :)

My biggest AI surprise was probably Han Fu taking Chen Liu from Cao Cao after 4 or 5 years of constant harassment. Usually CC brushes him off pretty easily, but this time most of his big guns were off fighting DZ.
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius
Sakae Wu
Academic

Interesting moments in RTK

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:20 am

i playing as Meng Huo in Battle of JingZhou scenario in Part 11 game, standard PC version

Gongsun Gong managed to capture Bei Ping city........but of course gets invaded by Cao Cao force again
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:33 pm

playing a game in Part 11 game, AI force Sun Quan's officer Lu Meng was marching from Lu Jiang city, halfway through he just disaapeared from the map.

Thereafter, upon through hex viewing of save game file Lu Meng was dead.........need to resurrect him
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:50 pm

So I was doing a Ma Teng run in XI, going pretty well, Cao Cao took out Liu Bei and i managed to get Liu Bei and Guan Yu on my side, i figure "hey lets get the whole collection" and try to find Zhang Fei, who i see in Nan Pi, i use Liu Bei to pay Zhang Fei and visit and he joins!

along with Nan Pi's entire 40K troops, Gongsun Kang, Xu You, and Gongsun Xu! i just stole Gongsun Zan's biggest city, his son, and its sandwiched between Yuan Shao and Gongsun Zan while i'm busy fighting Cao Cao, i was in disbelief and was laughing for afew minutes afterwards.

i plan on just making friends with Yuan Shao and his children, leaving Nan Pi to its own devices (maybe take some of Zan's Cities too if i can manage it) while I focus on Cao Cao and the rest of the south.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:40 pm

So i send over some officers to help with ruling Nan Pi but i'm unable to hold the city, but before it goes under, Liu Bei manages to capture and execute Gongsun Zan, that alone is enough for a funny moment, but the additional kicker is Zou Dan of all people takes over as the Heir since his Son is captured already and all of his other relatives were killed by Yuan Shao.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:51 am

Had one funny moment happen to me while playing ROTK 13. Me and Cao Cao mopped the floor with Liu Bei's forces in the Three Visits Scenario. We capture a good chunk of his officers and then almost immediately afterward...

Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhuge Liang: "I pledge allegiance to Cao Cao!"

Liu Bei: "WTF?!"

We also got Zhao Yun, Pang Tong, and pretty much every one else. I can only imagine Sun Quan being like, "Oh crap..."
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 pm

so i'm playing X again as Cao Cao, two different things happened to me.

one being that Zhang Fei swears brotherhood to me, so i check the page and i'm also brothers with Liu Bei and Guan Yu as well (despite that he's stuck in Yuan Shao's force)i guess they needed a new brother :lol:

and the second thing being Sun Quan, i released him once while he was serving Sun Ce and the next time i capture him he JOINS me, he just left his brother, his homeland, and his entire family behind, to join Cao Cao.

i know i had another run where i executed Sun Ce and SUN QUAN STILL JOINED CAO CAO, granted i was Xiahou Yuan in that run but holy crap why is Sun Quan such a chickenshit in X?
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 am

Xu Huang fan wrote:so i'm playing X again as Cao Cao, two different things happened to me.

one being that Zhang Fei swears brotherhood to me, so i check the page and i'm also brothers with Liu Bei and Guan Yu as well (despite that he's stuck in Yuan Shao's force)i guess they needed a new brother :lol:

and the second thing being Sun Quan, i released him once while he was serving Sun Ce and the next time i capture him he JOINS me, he just left his brother, his homeland, and his entire family behind, to join Cao Cao.

i know i had another run where i executed Sun Ce and SUN QUAN STILL JOINED CAO CAO, granted i was Xiahou Yuan in that run but holy crap why is Sun Quan such a chickenshit in X?

LMAO things like that are why I loved RTK X so much, and still play it sometimes.
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms