X Series

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: X Series

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:26 am

He was Emperor for two years, but you're right that there isn't a scenario which would cover it.
The only difference would be that Hanzhong would belong to Liu Bei and he wouldn't be allied with Sun Quan. Also, Guan Yu and possibly Zhang Fei (depending on when you start the scenario) would be dead. The scenario would basically be just before the Battle of Yiling, with Liu Bei storing a huge amount of troops in Yong'an.

Oh yeah, and Cao Cao would be dead of course.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am

I think foosoomin might more be looking for a custom scenario where the three kingdoms are all at their respective peaks, or at least close. I could've sworn there was a scenario like that out there, but it seems like I've gotten mixed up. Maybe it was just on my wish list, a scenario where Liu Bei is all up in Yizhou but Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are still around, and Jing is split between everyone. :huohu:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:29 am

Yeah, he was Emperor for a short period, my bad. But who would want to play a doomed Shu? Liu Bei on his death bed blindly attacking Wu for vengeance (with or without Zhang Fei). I like how Koei did Power Struggle for those interested in the 3 kingdoms, but who dislike Liu Chan (or like the 3 brothers too much).

Well, I'm not aware of any "dream scenario" for the 3 kingdoms, but if I were to do so then I'd make it like RoH and resurrect Sun Jian, Sun Ce and many others. I believe foosoomin would like this scenario (actually would be nicer than both PS and RoH :D ).
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:43 am

I was making one, but never finished it. Had Cao Cao, Liu Bei and Sun Jian with all of the major officers of their kingdoms and I think 6 or so cities each. But that was some time ago, I don't have the edited file anymore.
Zyzyfer's FKE scenario (was it yours? I don't remember) would be quite close to that, just that it also has Jin as a force.
I always have problems with these kinds of scenarios because of officers like Yuan Shao, who are... just too well-known to be a simple officer of another force or even a free officer. Guess I should've just killed everyone off who didn't serve any of the kingdoms.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Yeah Four Kingdoms Emerge has something kind of similar but includes Jin. Other major forces are included as smaller “challenge” forces as they are limited to one city. It also doesn't strictly follow the standard force sizes.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 am

Guys,

Since Lord_Cao_Cao has mentioned Liu Bei holds Emperor position for 2 years, i think you guys can consider creating a custom scenario, on the year & month he declared himself Emperor, then follow by the cities he own, the officers he has
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:29 am

Lezard wrote:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qlf11o

I've changed the bytes for APT, stats, growth and skill (skipping birthplace byte) from Ahui Nan to Lu Zhi. If there are other bytes I should've changed please tell me (at first glance I thought other bytes would require manual intervention).

I've added "logs" (txt files) for each scenario telling you the offset of the slots I've skipped as I bumped into custom officers.

What do you mean by skipped officers ? I don't understand
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:47 am

foosoomin wrote:Guys,

Since Lord_Cao_Cao has mentioned Liu Bei holds Emperor position for 2 years, i think you guys can consider creating a custom scenario, on the year & month he declared himself Emperor, then follow by the cities he own, the officers he has

Power Struggle captures it quite well though. It's not really worth it at this time. Why don't you try creating it yourself?
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:40 am

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:
Power Struggle captures it quite well though. Why don't you try creating it yourself?

No, I won't create it, its way too troublesome
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 pm

What do you mean by skipped officers ? I don't understand

The officers are presented in order from Ahui Nan to Lu Zhi, each having his own "slot" as Zyzyfer likes to put. Now what happens is that some of the scenarios Zyzyfer sent me had custom officers in some of the slots between Ahui Nan and Lu Zhi (probably in place of dead officers like Zyzyfer does). So I've ignored (skipped) those custom officers as I couldn't change their stats and reported their offsets in the respective log for each scenario. Some may even be the same officers with the name changed (like Zhang Yue being called Zhang He), but as I'm no expert I've just ignored everyone whose name wouldn't match the original leaving their stats as is.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms