X Series

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: X Series

Unread postby Lezard » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:18 am

Ok then. Don't forget to post a scenario for me to take the stats from (without added officers or skipped dead — all original Xsified officers) ... I'm asking this because I believe every scenario you've released have added officers or somebody skipped, including RoH, am I wrong?

Oh, and you have to tell me which bytes you want me to replace (APT, Stats, Growth, Skill, what else?)

EDIT: If you know of something else that is repetitive and think I can automatize, just let me know.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 am

It needs to be an existing scenario? I keep all the changes on a barely legible Word file hehe

Ummm I believe I didn't make any significant additions to RoH other than moving the Dengs so they're not buggy and moving a few forces around. I don't think I added any officers. Would that suffice as a base?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 am

It needs to be an existing scenario? I keep all the changes on a barely legible Word file hehe

Yes, I'll copy-paste from this scenario. I can't make a script that reads from Word :lol:

Ummm I believe I didn't make any significant additions to RoH other than moving the Dengs so they're not buggy and moving a few forces around. I don't think I added any officers. Would that suffice as a base?

Easier then I imagined, RoH will be the base then, everybody is alive and Xsified, it'll be easy to move Dengs back to their places.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Argh I didn't forget, just lazy about uploading. Here are some of the scenario I could dig up that can be updated. Many are made by Lord Cao Cao and I have not actually played them before so there are probably side issues, but getting those stats changed will save me tons of time in releasing them properly.

Rival Wei Sons

Return of the Han

Pirates

- I should mention, many officers were overwritten with new faces in this, so you may not be able to automate the process with this one. If not, then I will do it manually.

Three Kingdoms Decay

- Unofficial scenario 8 for fans of later officers. I could probably do this one myself, but if you really want to...!

Another Victorious Yellow Turbans Scenario

- I'm not sure how much this differs from the other one but it's in there.

A Fragile Peace

Rise of Heroes X

- Should be able to base changes off of this, like I mentioned previously, the only alterations are that a few forces were relocated, and the Dengs and Ning Sui were moved. I think the only altered Deng however is Deng Mao.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 am

Zyzyfer,

Did you copy/paste this scenario file without checking ?

How are we going to play this scenario ? Some many cities with so few food & arnaments, how is every force going to survive ?

Furthermore, Zhang Jiao force is Emperor with Yellow Turban country. He basically is Yellow Turban....If you want him to be an Emperor, please remove Yellow Turban country
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 am

No I did not check it before uploading, too many scenarios floating around on my computer already.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 am

Threadstarter ( or anyone ),

Just wondering, did you create a custom scenario,

1) which Liu Bei declared & became Emperor, before he pass away ?

2) if he declared himself Emperor, you have to place him on the appropriate city

3) The number of cities he own has to follow the history

4) Officers serving him too

5) Year & month the scenario begins
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 am

Sorry for the time to answer, I had a lot of trouble lately.

I've downloaded and will work on the scenarios given very soon.

===========
EDIT:

Here they are:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qlf11o

I've changed the bytes for APT, stats, growth and skill (skipping birthplace byte) from Ahui Nan to Lu Zhi. If there are other bytes I should've changed please tell me (at first glance I thought other bytes would require manual intervention).

I've added "logs" (txt files) for each scenario telling you the offset of the slots I've skipped as I bumped into custom officers.

The script worked in the first run (pretty rare), if you spot anything wrong please tell me.

Hopefully I've helped a bit :lol:

Errr ... I forgot Ning Sui :roll: (well ... unless there are other bytes to change I think it's not a big deal)
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:43 am

Oh thanks, I didn't notice because of the post edit. I will have a look at some point, thanks for the help Lezard. :wink:

foosoomin: I think the Power Struggle scenario is the closest one to what you described.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Your welcome, again, if there is anything else just tell me.

Liu Bei never was Emperor, but I agree that Power Struggle would be the best scenario to make him so (same for Cao Cao) since that's when he had a consolidated force (at it's best, before Guan Yu passing), but I don't see any reason to do so (Emperor or not the scenario won't change a bit).
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms