X Series

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: X Series

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 am

Whoops! Scratch Song Qian; I double checked and Koei has him dying in 227, not at Ruxu. Sorry!

Edit: Maybe not; I'm getting different answers from different files, neither of which I remember editing. I guess you'll have to check when he dies in the X files.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 am

Threadstarter,

Any new scenario file coming up ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am

Gonna be a few weeks before the next one gets released, probably. Not exactly blessed with lots of free time.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 am

Threadstarter,

Place all your X series custom scenarios in this thread
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 am

Threadstarter,

Anymore new scenario to add ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 am

Uhhhh Imperial Rescue is almost complete. I still have to edit force descriptions and a few other things. Currently testing with created force and it plays out very well, will upload it eventually.

I think the fun-looking Reversal scenario is next. But it's going to take a long time to release the remaining scenarios because more and more missing officers are being added (this part takes forever). Not to mention there are still quite a few - Reversal, Lu Bu 198, Yuans split, Chibi, Power Struggle, Rise of Cao Mao.

So many... :cry:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 am

Zyzyfer, I believe I can help you (a bit).

I could easily Xsify every original officer. All I would need is a scenario with all the original officers Xsified (no added officers).
It's something that would help on the future conversion of the X series to PUK in the future too.

So, want a hand?
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Heh, thanks for the offer, but for the scenarios I'm currently working on, the original officers are all ready to go. There are a few other scenarios I have lying about which I want to Xify that you could do that with if you really want to. :lol:

The main one is a "Three Kingdoms Decay" scenario set in I believe 249. But since a lot of people are dead already I don't think that would take me long anyway.

But there are some other more fictional scenarios (like a pirate invasion one that Zetta made) that don't really require adding new officers or all of the other X Series crap I do, and I figure your superior skills could knock those out real quick.

To be honest, my own uploads are only getting a handful of downloads, so unless foosoomin is hosting them separately and getting lots of downloads, I think the interest is a bit low to warrant pushing further releases.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:29 pm

I guess most people have already stopped playing RoTK XI, either because they tired or migrated to XII. Furthermore many don't mess with custom stuff. But in the end we do these things for ourselves and make them public isn't? So I don't think the amount downloads matters that much if you're interested in these scenarios, and there are still some fellows that justify the public upload (people still active here in the forum and some anonymous).

I can't play them as they are (I'll have to convert them), but it seems to me your doing a pretty nice job :D

So yeah, I'd like to help. That's no pain for me at all and does significantly decrease your effort to make these few missing scenarios, right?
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:45 am

After XII came out I expected to not bother with sharing edited scenarios, actually. I was hoping things would die down.

And you're right, at this point I mainly just want to edit these scenarios for myself, and the handful of people who download them get a little bonus out of it. I want to be properly done releasing things so that I can do my own personal edits and customizations. Maybe in 2015? :lol:

Anyway, if you're willing to Xify existing officers, I will try to browse through some of the other scenarios I have and upload the ones that are left, and post links to them here.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms