X Series

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: X Series

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:36 am

Nope. I don't play XI any more...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Emperor Wu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm

I would like to congratulate the mind(s) behind this series. I have been enjoying them for a really long time. :)
On a side note, I'm currently working on an officers mod for ROTK XIII PUK and I would like to know if there is a list of all the new officers featuring in this scenarios. Thanks in advance!
Emperor Wu
Tyro

Unread postby XiangYu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Chapeau! Just finished reading through 80 pages, kudos to everyone involved. Made Rotk11 way more enjoyable. Just purchased Rotk13 and was wondering if Zyzyfer or someone else made something like this for Rotk13? Or is there any way to convert the X series stats into Rotk13 with some easy copy and pasting without using editors?

Got so used to the X series, can't go back to playing mediocre Yue Jins, Ji Lings or borderline retarded Zhang Feis and Lu Bus.
XiangYu
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 am

XiangYu wrote:Chapeau! Just finished reading through 80 pages, kudos to everyone involved. Made Rotk11 way more enjoyable. Just purchased Rotk13 and was wondering if Zyzyfer or someone else made something like this for Rotk13? Or is there any way to convert the X series stats into Rotk13 with some easy copy and pasting without using editors?

Got so used to the X series, can't go back to playing mediocre Yue Jins, Ji Lings or borderline retarded Zhang Feis and Lu Bus.

Hey there. Yes I have implemented the X Series stuff into XIII. I did it with the base game and the PUK, but since Koei's Steam updates can reset everything, I am not sure my base game alterations are still applied. PUK has the in-game editor though, so if all you're concerned about are the stats, I believe it's possible to share a specific game file that will apply the changes. The only catch is, it will overwrite any changes you've already made to officers, including I think any created officers. So if you plan on doing that you may want to hold off.

Also, it's currently not possible to overwrite dead officers in XIII like I did with XI scenarios, so they are not in the game at this time. If you play on Steam, some people did release files that contain a bunch of missing officers on both the Steam and Koei Warriors board, might be worth a look.

Anyway I need to put some finishing touches on a couple of officers, but if you want the necessary file I can figure out which one I need to share and post it when I get an opportunity.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XiangYu » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:
XiangYu wrote:Chapeau! Just finished reading through 80 pages, kudos to everyone involved. Made Rotk11 way more enjoyable. Just purchased Rotk13 and was wondering if Zyzyfer or someone else made something like this for Rotk13? Or is there any way to convert the X series stats into Rotk13 with some easy copy and pasting without using editors?

Hey there. Yes I have implemented the X Series stuff into XIII. I did it with the base game and the PUK, but since Koei's Steam updates can reset everything, I am not sure my base game alterations are still applied. PUK has the in-game editor though, so if all you're concerned about are the stats, I believe it's possible to share a specific game file that will apply the changes. The only catch is, it will overwrite any changes you've already made to officers, including I think any created officers. So if you plan on doing that you may want to hold off.

Also, it's currently not possible to overwrite dead officers in XIII like I did with XI scenarios, so they are not in the game at this time. If you play on Steam, some people did release files that contain a bunch of missing officers on both the Steam and Koei Warriors board, might be worth a look.

Anyway I need to put some finishing touches on a couple of officers, but if you want the necessary file I can figure out which one I need to share and post it when I get an opportunity.

Oh wow, the man himself haha. First of all, great job on the X-series. Haven't touched a normal campaign since installing yours. For ROTK13 I'm mainly concerned about the stats and skills, though I haven't played enough yet to weigh in on the skills. Is there any thread where you guys discuss officer stats and skills like you guys did over here? So far I only came across one on gamefaqs, which happened to be threadstarted by you I think, but that one was only 2 pages long, sadly.
XiangYu
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:13 pm

There is this one going where I get started around page 6. But although I got some good suggestions from one fellow, participation has been pretty low. I feel better accepting suggestions when multiple people are involved in the discussion because I am easily swayed lol.

Otherwise it is basically a port of my alterations to officers in XI. I did re-read all the bios to shore up officers' abilities when needed, and tried to improve their battle strategies in some cases. So I think you would like it since you appreciated the X Series stuff.

I am working on finalizing a v1 of the file and should be able to upload it within the next day or so. It also (unavoidably I think...) comes with a bunch of created officers you can delete or use as you please.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XiangYu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Ah sweet! Really looking forward to it. Question though, if I start using your modified version, my current game won't be affected right? If so, I'll withhold from playing till you're finished. Quite sad to see some officers being so insignificant while they should be way more badass.

Nearly read through all the ROTK13 threads on gamefaqs. Will keep myself busy with that in the mean time haha. Got a few other questions about ROTK13 but I'll ask them in another thread. Let's keep this one pure for all the fans.
XiangYu
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:12 am

Nah, it won't affect your saved game.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 am

OK I wanted to stop postponing this upload so I just rushed through and knocked out the last couple of changes. Here is the file: Revised Officers File Link

To utilize it, you need to go to C:\Users\user\Documents\KoeiTecmo\San13\EN_SAVEDATA, back up your existing editdata_pk.s13, and then replace it with the one I've uploaded.

I altered one strategy, Cry of Justice, which you can easily revert by going into the edit menu for them and clicking the "reset" button. And of course, there are about 107 custom officers, you can just delete them or whatever.

Hope it works, let me know if there are any problems, and enjoy!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XiangYu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:16 pm

All hail Zyzyfer! Cheers mate, gonna install it and have a go tonight. Talking about timing too, got friendzoned by Da Qiao in ym current game after wooing her for 10 years just to see her marry Sun Ce after all. Also kept seeing so many underrated characters in there, felt so bad for some of them.
XiangYu
Tyro

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms