Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch

Unread postby Supercom32 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Nevermind. I extracted the music from the IPA package.
Supercom32
Tyro

Unread postby Killaz916 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:44 am

Supercom, might you tell me where get the music, im interested and have been collecting all Koei Music for awhile now.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby James » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Supercom32 wrote:Nevermind. I extracted the music from the IPA package.

Pretty sweet! How'd you do it? Is it that accessible?
Would be fun to keep and share.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Killaz916 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:53 am

Alright i have fully converted them to mp3 lol.

First here's the Steps

1. Buy Romance of The Three Kingdoms Touch
2. Download 7zip
3. Rightclick the .IPA file which is the game and open archive with 7zip.
4. Extract Payload Folder
5. FInd these files BGM_01_44KHZ.caf - BGM_10_44KHZ.caf (There's 10 Music Files) and if you want the soundeffects too, here they are: se_btl_01.caf - se_btl_24.caf
6. Download Audacity 1.3.12 Beta or the 1.2 Series ("NOT TESTED" with 1.2 Series)
7. Download Lame_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows.exe @ http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/
8. Install Lame_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows.exe to Audacity Folder.
9. Open the .CAF (Core Audio Format) in Audacity
10. Goto Export, Select .MP3
11. Enjoy Your New MP3 Song.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby Supercom32 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Ah, beat me to it!
Supercom32
Tyro

Unread postby Killaz916 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:51 am

well thats saddening, i was hoping for a 2nd way to do it. Oh well.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 am

I beat this game 3 times when I just had my phone with me on vacation (when I had downtime at hotels or on planes). First I played as Gongsun Zan on medium difficulty, scenario 2. Then beat it as Liu Bei hard difficulty scenario 2, then beat it as Liu Yan (later Liu Zhang took over) on hard difficulty, scenario 1. Oddly enough the Liu Yan one was probably the easiest as you can quickly consolidate all the Shu states. The Liu Bei one was the hardest being right next door to Yuan Shao and Cao Cao who are both way more powerful than you.

Here are some tips I came up with:

- Your ruler should recruit, recruit, recruit. The best way to recruit is to watch when other warlords battle and someone gets captured and recruited by the victor. That officer will typically have terrible loyalty to his new master and when you recruit them they have high loyalty to you right off the bat. For example, you are Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shao and Liu Bei get into a battle. Yuan Shao wins and recruits Guan Yu. You check and see that Guan Yu has 2 loyalty to Yuan Shao, then you waltz in and recruit Guan Yu for a nice 90+ loyalty to start with. Saweet!

- Yes, disasters are absolutely horrible and the only way to survive them is to have "backup" troops in a state right next to them to quickly march into the affected area. But the worst was locusts swarming nearly all of my states and leaving me weak everywhere. That said, take advantage of disasters right away. If an enemy gets flooded, jump in and attack them right away if you have an army nearby.

- If you have a good governor and a good state, it seems that "delegated" states get built up faster than anything you can do turn by turn. That said, stick 5 good offers in a good state like Luo Yang, Chang An, Han Zhong, etc... and watch them build up to 100,000 total soldiers quickly if the state borders a rival. In my last game (as Liu Yan and Liu Zhang), my #1 army near the end of the game consisted of Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Cao Pi, Zhang Liao, and Sima Yi. Ya that was a tough group cuz they all had high STR and INT. But I stuck those 5 in Chang An bordering my rival Dong Zhuo and they built up very fast.

I'll think of more later...
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:31 pm

- When another ruler attacks or when your delegated state attacks, it usually leaves a very weak force in the state they are attacking from. If it's your state get backup soldiers into that state quickly. If it's an enemy state then that state (that they attacked from) might be a nice target.

- If an enemy is in a weak state you might be able to simply beat them by using arson. Arson them down to 1000 food or less then you can win the battle in short order just by waiting them out until they run out of food.

- If you are defending a state with an inadequate force, fire is your friend. Watch the wind and keep the enemy and your own castles in flames to prevent the enemy from taking it. If the enemy doesn't have enough units to take over the castles (remember they can split units too) then you can simply run from them for 30 days.

- If an enemy's ruler is a part of battle, all you need to do is surround them and take that one unit down. If you want to kill the enemy ruler charge them when they start to get low on soldiers before they retreat. If you kill the ruler you win the battle and severely weaken your enemy as loyalties will probably drop with a new ruler.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby Tokugawa Liang » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Does anyone play the second version?
English is not my mother tongue. I hope the comprehension isn't too hard.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
Tokugawa Liang
Assistant

Unread postby Mistelten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 am

I think I have the second version. Does it still have that digital map style?

Overall it's very disappointing for me. I wish that if they were going for abstract, they would have left the battles abstract like RTK 9 instead of doing it RTK 2 or 3 style.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms