Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm

I've just picked up an iPhone and thinking about buying the 'plus' version of this game. Will cost me £12 has anyone played that version? Is it worth it?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Just go this game about a month ago (Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally late to the party, I know), but after having a look online, I think I'm the only person who plays this game. But I love this game! I really liked the NES game and I'm glad t see it on a RTK 11 map with RTK 6 portraits and just plain simplified.I also got the plus edition so I could get the 3 new scenarios, create a character mode and the ability to change Kong Rong's war to something less than 82 officer and city stats.

I'm thinking of moving onto to Touch 2 aswell so I was also wondering if there is 1 living human, entity, THING! who plays 2, could just tell me what it's like and if it's worth the £9 my British self may get it for.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Part II... are you curious about the game itself, or the mobile version? If you're curious about the mobile interoperation, it makes a range of tradeoffs similar to those in the first. Of particular note, if memory serves, is the absurd horror of natural disasters in that version of the game. There was a lot I loved (same as in the original II), and a lot that really frustrated me. And Koei seems to have basically abandoned these games.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Yeah, the natural disasters usually just cause me to restart my game if I'm hit by one in the first year. :x
But then again, it's the only way you can beat Dong Zhuo in his scenario before he takes half of China within 2 years.

Shame that the touch games couldn't be more original but I've got some spare money so I might get Touch 2 and maybe the Nobunaga Ambition game similar to this. Thanks James!
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Sure! Let me know what you think. :)

And about NA, too. I didn't pick that one up.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:48 pm

FYI: This game is no longer supported in IOS 11 :(
LordSimaYi
Student

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms