Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm

I've just picked up an iPhone and thinking about buying the 'plus' version of this game. Will cost me £12 has anyone played that version? Is it worth it?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Just go this game about a month ago (Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally late to the party, I know), but after having a look online, I think I'm the only person who plays this game. But I love this game! I really liked the NES game and I'm glad t see it on a RTK 11 map with RTK 6 portraits and just plain simplified.I also got the plus edition so I could get the 3 new scenarios, create a character mode and the ability to change Kong Rong's war to something less than 82 officer and city stats.

I'm thinking of moving onto to Touch 2 aswell so I was also wondering if there is 1 living human, entity, THING! who plays 2, could just tell me what it's like and if it's worth the £9 my British self may get it for.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Part II... are you curious about the game itself, or the mobile version? If you're curious about the mobile interoperation, it makes a range of tradeoffs similar to those in the first. Of particular note, if memory serves, is the absurd horror of natural disasters in that version of the game. There was a lot I loved (same as in the original II), and a lot that really frustrated me. And Koei seems to have basically abandoned these games.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Yeah, the natural disasters usually just cause me to restart my game if I'm hit by one in the first year. :x
But then again, it's the only way you can beat Dong Zhuo in his scenario before he takes half of China within 2 years.

Shame that the touch games couldn't be more original but I've got some spare money so I might get Touch 2 and maybe the Nobunaga Ambition game similar to this. Thanks James!
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Sure! Let me know what you think. :)

And about NA, too. I didn't pick that one up.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:48 pm

FYI: This game is no longer supported in IOS 11 :(
LordSimaYi
Student

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms