Character Portraits I or other modders have made

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Character Portraits I or other modders have made

Unread postby Cervello » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:48 am

Huang Chengyan once told Zhuge Liang, "I heard that you're seeking a spouse. I've an ugly daughter with a yellow face and dark complexion, but her talent matches yours." Zhuge Liang agreed and married Huang Chengyan's daughter. - Wikipedia

(#+_+)
Cervello
Apprentice

Unread postby Korin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:54 am

Is that supposed to be Yue Ying?
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Killaz916 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:58 am

Yes it is, but that portrait isn't real and i'm disgusted by it.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby Korin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:59 am

Modded fanart -- but wasn't she supposed to be not beautiful and KOEI just made her "hot" but I doubt SHE was that ugly tho.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 am

On a smaller note, I have some faces floating around form a project of mine; obviously they won't be used for recent RoTK games, but if someone wants to use it as an avatar or to do some SNES editing, go right ahead.

Purple is not exactly a natural hair color (no matter what Koei says!), so some of them have been redone with brown hair as well.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 am

DragonAtma wrote:On a smaller note, I have some faces floating around form a project of mine; obviously they won't be used for recent RoTK games, but if someone wants to use it as an avatar or to do some SNES editing, go right ahead.

Purple is not exactly a natural hair color (no matter what Koei says!), so some of them have been redone with brown hair as well.

I recognize a lot of those faces from Uncharted Waters: New Horizons. Any chance that your project is based on that? (If so, that's awesome and I would love to hear more about it, and even if it's not, I hope you'll post more about it either way).
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby DragonAtma » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:18 am

It's not based on Uncharted Waters, but yes, I definitely snagged a whole bunch of portraits from it. Not all the pictures are here (no reason to include the one "based on" UW2's Catalina Erantzo when the picture is almost indistinguishible from the original), but here's where the ones I used came from:

* UW2 (27)
* Gemfire (15)
* RoTK3 (10)
* Genghis Khan II (8)
* RoTK2 (2)
* Aerobiz (2)

Total: 64 (54 shown, the rest were virtually unchanged)
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby RainZy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Dont suppose anyone has a collection of these that I could download currently? I tried other links like Holy Toasts but they all seem to be down...these look amazing and would love to use them in the game
RainZy
Tyro

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms