RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guide)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Custom Faces for ROTKXI (Need Help With Translating Images)

Unread postby Killaz916 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:09 am

So, Wang The Tiger, is the strongest animal in the game... not even a person with spears and catapults and arrows and every other weapon can defeat him lol. Thats funny... now you just need to put a model of a tiger in there so, when you see ur guy its a tiger lol.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Well of course he can. He's Emperor Wang. The Tiger. Oh! Silly me, I forgot to make his all-female army of guards.

If you tell me how to import a 3d model I will definitely do so. There are free-to-use 3d tiger models . . . oh, but I'd have to make the animations, or change the skeleton to fit the already-made animations of the models in there (if that's how they did it). I'm no 3D genius, but I have a little experience with it.
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby Killaz916 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:43 pm

I know there is a way, i saw it on Netshow, but... i don't remember the topic page... there's 192 pages with like 20 topics per page or something lol... that's fucking insane. So i doubt i'll locate it again anytime soon. First thing i do after my trainer is the faces, ill go through all the topics, probably take a week, with breaks lol. If i find it during the face hunt, ill let you know, i saw some revamped models... like nice and sparkly and colorful.. so i don't know if you will be able to put a tiger in there, maybe a human with a tiger face lol? but were see when i find it and you try lol.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby LastGuan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:08 am

Is it possible for us to share our custom faces and officers with each other? Id love to have new portraits for my game but I don't really feel confident in my ability to make things work as they should.
"O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
LastGuan
Initiate

Unread postby Killaz916 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:49 am

Sorry, no it is impossible to share the custom faces, with the created officers, because the custom officers draws the portraits from the faces.fce file... Meaning if you dont have them faces, it will assign a random face to that officer, not the one i have implemented into the file.

Also to: CaTigeReptile
I think i found some modeling news by accident, here: http://game.ali213.net/thread-2250924-1-2.html
and here, you might like this image i found, maybe not. But its still good for laughs lol

Also im working on figuring out how to add officers more than 2199, and what do you know, success. i now have over 2300 officers protraits. Its a bit tricky, and will be described as best as possible, and will need testing to see if its just me, or the other people as well. I need people without San11 chinese or japanese installed to test it too. because i have both... so im not sure if its interfering or not. But its roughly easy.

Than the big shebang lol. The action images, aka, CRITICAL faces, are able to be altered, but you cannot add anymore. So you will have to overwrite them... good news its easy to revert them back. But bad news is the fact that mostly eveyr officer uses the same fucking image. so you will have to pick an image you like being seen. Also when creating an officer you must assign the critical image or it will be Created Officer Male 1 critical. Even for your females, which look weird lol...

Also some new good news, im taking a break from the trainer for a day or 2, and am going to make a guide on how to do all the face editting and such... Well im out for now. Hope i made someones day lol.
Killaz916
Scholar

Re: Custom Faces for ROTKXI (Work In-Progress)

Unread postby LastGuan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:17 pm

Well then im defiantly going to be looking forward to this guide.
Last edited by LastGuan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
LastGuan
Initiate

Unread postby Anggur Merah » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:04 pm

@killaz916

You finally solve the ID number problem? Great!!! :mrgreen:

I'm gonna wait for your guide... :D
Anggur Merah
Tyro

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Haha, that leopard is hilarious. But Wang the Tiger is a specific tiger.

Image This tiger, in fact.

As for the link you gave me, well, I'm looking through it (and practicing to see if I can understand any of the characters - I just started to take Chinese this semester) and since I don't understand much and I haven't gone through an online translator yet, I don't QUITE get what's going on. But I'll try to figure it out.
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby Killaz916 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 pm

CaTigeReptile: about the modeling If your unable to figure it out, i'll see what i can do after this guide, and the trainer lol.

DRAFT GUIDE COMPLETE, if no suggestions to improve or any changes are needed than it will become final.
Please ask me any questions about the guide, program and i'll gladly help. If you want to help me rewrite the guide to be much better or improve than reply here or pm me. Thanks!
Killaz916
Scholar

Re: Custom Faces for ROTKXI (Draft Guide Complete)

Unread postby Ci Cao » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Hey, great job on explaining the face editor! Now I am really interested in finding out where the other modding possibilities lie (models and such) - but my 3rd-semester-Sinology-Chinese is not near enough to find out what they are doing and how they are doing it. Maybe there are some talented modders over at Netshow willing to share their wisdom with the international crowd?
Ci Cao
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms