RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guide)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Custom Faces for ROTKXI (Need Help With Translating Images)

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:18 pm

Will this work with the new English version of the game?
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby Killaz916 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:15 pm

yes, i thought my explaination in the first post, and screenshots were a good enough hint for that question not to be asked lol... oh well. But yes its for english, and chinese, and japanese. It doesnt matter what language basically.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby Anggur Merah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 am

Greetings! I'd like to thank those who made this guide to add more portraits into the game.

I do manage to add some portrait. However, I have a problem with the portrait ID number.

I've added more pictures from ID 2174 to 2199. But, when I chose to add more portrait, looks like 2199 is the maximum number.
Then I tried to use other 'free' number as 1999, 1998, 1997, and so on. But the portrait with those ID numbers didn't show up in the game!

It appears that the first ID number for the created officer is ID number 2000. Starting from that point to ID number 2199, showed up in the game, so no prob. But other portrait addition below that number, don't.

Then, I tried to create a new file, named San11Face01 (compared to the original, San11Face00). There, I managed to create ID number 2200 and onward. However, the portrait, once again, didn't show up in the game.

I came to the conclusion that the 'added' portraits can only show up in the game if given the ID number between 2000 and 2199 only.

Is there any way to get those ID number 2200 and onwards or other 'free' ID to show up in the game?

Thanks before!
Anggur Merah
Tyro

Unread postby Killaz916 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:57 am

Unfortunately i dont know, that is a problem... i have tried all the free numbers and yes only 2000 onwards will be shown, so my question is, why not just overwrite the ugly portraits you dont like lol? its quite simple. just backup your original, and than use the editted one lol. Until a way is found, which most likely wont lol. Give thanks to the translater for making it easier, it sort of is self explanitory. I am still going to make a guide for people who cant. but that wont be soon... Im working on a massive trainer which is almost complete.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby Anggur Merah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:58 am

Killaz916 wrote:Unfortunately i dont know, that is a problem... i have tried all the free numbers and yes only 2000 onwards will be shown, so my question is, why not just overwrite the ugly portraits you dont like lol? its quite simple. just backup your original, and than use the editted one lol. Until a way is found, which most likely wont lol. Give thanks to the translater for making it easier, it sort of is self explanitory. I am still going to make a guide for people who cant. but that wont be soon... Im working on a massive trainer which is almost complete.

Yup, now I'm in a midst of replacing some 'ugly' portraits, LOL. I took the portraits of previous ROTK games and replacing many portraits. I was just asking if there's a way to do it in case I'm missing something, but oh well. This one is already a bliss. :mrgreen:

Once again, thanks to you and the translator. :D
Anggur Merah
Tyro

Wang the Tiger

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:24 pm

CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby Killaz916 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:19 pm

just wow, you put a fricking tiger as a person lol... well i guess that isnt too bad. some of the portraits i've seen have pig faces, or other type of anime faces looking like an anime lol.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:21 pm

I actually used some photoshop filters on it to make it look more like a painting, but I didn't try very hard.

Hey now. It's not just ANY tiger.

It's Wang the Tiger. Emperor Wang the Tiger.
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:57 am

Kick. Ass.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:01 am

Roar!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms