RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guide)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guid

Unread postby Valvatorez » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Can't you just use this program to do it? Right click a picture, select "Critical Image" then on top "Open/Overwrite" then pick the new picture and save. That's how I changed mine since RPG viewer doesn't work right for me either.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Didn't know it worked, I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks!
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Killaz916 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:02 am

My video shows how to do criticals, remember it will overwrite other officers using it, and there's not EXTRA slots to be used.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby ChanHongTian » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:01 am

I try to play this game again,
and back to this site to see if there something new..
This is my first post on this site..

I already change/Overwrite the Critical Portrait with new portrait,
I change Old SimaYi critical portrait to SunJian critical portrait, and put it as SunJian critical portrait.
(I use young SimaYi critical portrait for Old SimaYi critical portrait)
then I test it, but when SunJian got critical, to old SimaYi critical portrait appear, not my new critical portrait

How do I fix this? I already change the format of my new portrait to png, jpeg, even bmp
but nothing work >_<
ChanHongTian
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:59 pm

I tried to recreate the same thing in my game, and changed Sun Jian's critical, and it worked fine with the new picture in the game. Are you sure that your edits are saving when you close the program, and also are you able to change anything else like regular pictures in your game successfully?
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby ChanHongTian » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:15 am

I found the problem..
it the game version...
Can not use it on Davsan11.exe

thx anyway..
ChanHongTian
Tyro

Unread postby Emperor Wu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:03 am

I'm a little late, great work on the editor!

I would love to know what files this editor is actually editing. I'm trying to send the files I edited on my home PC to my laptop but the faces are still the default ones. Any help?
Emperor Wu
Tyro

Unread postby MoldyHay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Emperor Wu wrote:I'm a little late, great work on the editor!

I would love to know what files this editor is actually editing. I'm trying to send the files I edited on my home PC to my laptop but the faces are still the default ones. Any help?

Scenario files.
MoldyHay
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Actually this has nothing to do with the scenario files, I think you meant where the actual file location to move is? The actual file it reads from should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Koei\Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI\Media\face
But for me, and for some reason, the file to actually move is in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Koei\Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI\Media\face
Check the first folder to see if its edited, you can check the date to see if its updated, if not, check the second and try moving that, since I deleted that second folder a couple of times by mistake and lost all my edited pictures and had to redo them. I'm not 100% sure on this, but maybe if you run the program as admin, it actually saves to the first location, but again I'm not sure.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Emperor Wu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Valvatorez wrote:Actually this has nothing to do with the scenario files, I think you meant where the actual file location to move is? The actual file it reads from should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Koei\Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI\Media\face
But for me, and for some reason, the file to actually move is in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Koei\Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI\Media\face
Check the first folder to see if its edited, you can check the date to see if its updated, if not, check the second and try moving that, since I deleted that second folder a couple of times by mistake and lost all my edited pictures and had to redo them. I'm not 100% sure on this, but maybe if you run the program as admin, it actually saves to the first location, but again I'm not sure.

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was looking for. It was in a really weird place, I would have never imagine that the files would be in a hidden folder (AppData). I'm glad I found them! :)
Emperor Wu
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms