RTK VIII Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK VIII Discussion Thread

Unread postby Ricky » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Uh-oh I might have to end a perfect story. I am playing Rise of Heroes with Cao Cao and his sworn brother Zhou Yu, now at the start we took over almost all of the north, as Yuan Shao was losing he made a coalition on Cao Cao! Now I am no fool on this I know if he is captured he will be executed, about the people that joined were almost all of the warlords except a small few on the south. I managed to get Cao Cao and Zhou Yu's tactics almost all at MAX, left off only siege and Arrowstorm. Stats both at 100 on everything. I have currently lost three lands just saved my game, and next is the city that we both reside in. That damn Zhang Lu will attack us on the third time on a row! If anybody still plays this would you happen to know a quick fair way to avoid execution?
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:38 am

Sorry, short of asking you to plead for your life I don't, I guess you could move city?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Haha thanks for the advice, if it was just that easy I would have done it. The thing I have noticed is when a Coalition is started on a certain ruler, that ruler will be executed if captured. I haven't done anything yet, the best idea I have thought of is leaving my army and resigning with both of them and go into hiding in Jian Ning! :lol:
Last edited by Ricky on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Its true, but I normally execute rulers anyway. Unless its there lst city as you can often make it so it splits in to more factons and are therefore easier to beat. I only got this game recently but what really annoys me is that when you play s one of Gongsun Zan's officers you get beaten straight away (and Zhao Yun always gets executed :rangry:) yet if I play as Gongsun Zan I normally beat Yuan Shao down in a few years. It's very annoying. I actually prefer playing as a vassal and working up through the ranks then being a Ruler.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Oh LOL I forgot about Zhao Yun. He does die a lot in the start, let me guess was it Yuan Shao? :devil:
Here is a simple way to avoid this, in the start of the game, play as Yuan Shao also buy some Item and give it to Zhao Yun, and make it a cycle, Zhao Yun gives it back until their friendship is at Casual or friendly, then you'll live!
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Yeah thanks Ricky, also how do you give a character over to he computer to play? You've mentioned it a couple of times just never thought to ask before. :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh no problem. During Gameplay (Except During batlle!) press start and you'll see the option quit click on that and you'll see right away, Leave (Officer Name) To the computer.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:00 pm

Ah ok thankyou, I was looking at characters stats and Zhang Liao must be one of the best characters when you mx him out. Zhao Yun and Zhou Yu too.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Yes you are right! Usually characters who are well balanced end up being godly in battle once maxed out. For a True godly character, I would have to say Cao Cao, Du Yu, and Liu C(S)han, yes his stats are low, but he has the skill 'Hero' which in turn can get your stats all at 100!
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Do you mean Liu Chen? I hadn't seen that, wow.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms