RTK VIII Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK VIII Discussion Thread

Unread postby Enganacious » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:46 pm

My only gripe about ROTKVIII is being unable to march like you can in X. That and moving your capitol take a whole quarter. Which with how the man pans out, tends to pigeon hole you a good bit. Would have been a lot less annoying if they left Jiao Zhi and Nan Hai in the game.
Enganacious
Tyro

Unread postby HanLian » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 am

So... Koei has released the RTK games on steam up to VIII. The problem is that they are all only in Japanese. Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII is my favorite game of all time. Is there anything that you guys know of that would make the game playable?
HanLian
Tyro

Unread postby Qin Feng » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:56 pm

How do you guys see playing as a made up officer under Dong Zhuo for a complete noob? I remember playing as Xihou Dun back in the day and it was awesome but I already forgot most of this game.
Qin Feng
Apprentice

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Qin Feng wrote:How do you guys see playing as a made up officer under Dong Zhuo for a complete noob? I remember playing as Xihou Dun back in the day and it was awesome but I already forgot most of this game.

Dong Zhuo is a good faction to serve in the 190 scenario as he has excellent officers and fourish cities I believe. The only issue I foresee is the coalition battles. If I remember 8 correctly you will start with a major invasion by a combined force from all of the coalition armies which can be quite tough.
If you can hold off those invasions you will be in a great position.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
Qin Feng wrote:How do you guys see playing as a made up officer under Dong Zhuo for a complete noob? I remember playing as Xihou Dun back in the day and it was awesome but I already forgot most of this game.

Dong Zhuo is a good faction to serve in the 190 scenario as he has excellent officers and fourish cities I believe. The only issue I foresee is the coalition battles. If I remember 8 correctly you will start with a major invasion by a combined force from all of the coalition armies which can be quite tough.
If you can hold off those invasions you will be in a great position.

That was the problem, we found initial success but eventually Ma Teng conquered us from behind. I got captured and now I'm serving under Yuan Shao, who kind of sucks at the moment. I miss my rightful lord Dong Zhuo, who is doing alright actually.
Qin Feng
Apprentice

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:42 pm

I used to start under Dong Zhou as Jia Xu few times...only to quickly retire and head to Chen Liu to serve the real rightful lord :wink:
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms