Officers you just have to execute.

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Officers you just have to execute.

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:06 pm

When playing as a ruler, doesn't matter who, is there any officer that you just have to execute everytime, even though he might be helpful? Say you had a personal vendetta against him because of past games..

I have 2. Bu Zhi and Shen Pei.
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby James » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:20 pm

I either execute Liu Shan or make him govern the most dismal city I possess.
(Don’t dislike him as much as I once did, but the tradition is honored regardless!)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Cao Cao & Cao Pi.

The former because he has no use after I've stolen his items.
The latter so I can steal his wife, or, I don't let Zhen Ji marry him - I take her instead.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Antiochus » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Meng Da, Yang Yi and Mi Fang are on the top of my "must kill list". I can't trust any of them since they betrayed me when I was playing RoTK VIII and RoTK X.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:29 pm

James wrote:I either execute Liu Shan or make him govern the most dismal city I possess.
(Don’t dislike him as much as I once did, but the tradition is honored regardless!)
Yup him, Lu Meng and Sun Quan. I stop with Lu meng and Sun Quan but I still kill Liu Shan now and then
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Foif » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Cao Bao...and Wei Yan and Lu Bu. Cao Bao, because...[insert reason here]

Wei Yan because he always betrayed me in ROTK 2
and Lu Bu because of the same reason above.
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:32 pm

I used to execute Lu Meng and Lu Xun but have since made peace with those two. Chen Gong is 50/50, if I really need him (like in my latest XI scenario), I'll let him live, otherwise it's the ax.
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:40 pm

Huang Bob, this is one of the best threads that's been posted here in recent memory. Good work!

Back in the RTK2 days, I had a lot of officers I simply had to execute, no matter what. The list has become smaller over the years, but one man has remained on it from beginning to end: Cao Chun. No matter who I'm playing as (even if it's Cao Cao!), if I capture Cao Chun, I have to kill him. I don't even remember why anymore. He was just one of those suckbag characters in RTK2 that didn't deserve to live. I think he may have betrayed me one time, taking a city with him.

Nowadays, I just kind of have a list of people I always need to release back into the wild for the purposes of hilarity. Cao Bao and Wu Anguo are a couple folks I refuse to execute (but usually never hire).
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Gabriel » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Yang Song, Huang Hao, Mi Fang, and Cen Hun. They're all pretty worthless, so they die.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:01 pm

I don't have any particular officers that I always execute, but I have a couple general rules. The first being that if the officer has a horrendously ugly portrait or otherwise has some annoying intangible characteristic, he gets the ax. I kill Chen Shi on VI a lot because of this. Mi Fang is generally a good bet as well because he usually looks like a goof. He's also a good candidate because of my second reason. Anyone who betrays me and defects at any point in the game I will execute when I catch up to them. No exceptions.

I also kind of like to execute Liu Bei, but I try to hold off as it also means executing Zhang Fei and Guan Yu and I'm much more fond of them. I'm kind of trigger-happy though to be honest. :lol: I kill most rulers who don't join me because I don't like to release them and have them floating around in my territory refusing to join me for the next 10 years. Unless it's someone I like I've also been killing anyone who doesn't join me after the initial "recruit" command and then the second one after a one year imprisonment. (I play VI by far the most. III is awesome too.) In my game as Wu in 234 I've been patiently waiting trying to mostly play defense to wait for Sun Xiu to arrive and then ascend the throne, but Wei has offered me a couple irrestible opportunities. They keep attacking Jiang Ling and getting beat down so I started executing everyone just to spite them. :lol:

Back in the RTK IV days I used to execute Ma Teng all the time because in my first ever game of RTK he invaded Zi Tong and killed Yang Huai. This made me angry and I found much satisfaction in taking him down. (I completed that game with Wu Yi as my ruler instead of passing the throne to Liu Zhang. I had no idea about the story or releationships. :lol: ) I think I also had a vendetta against Cao Cao in that game, but none of that stuck.

So I guess it pretty much just depends on game situations, though I probably execute more than most here. :twisted:
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms