RTK IX: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX?

Yes!
74%
No.
7%
Unsure...
3%
Never played it.
15%

Total votes : 98

RTK IX: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Stefanos » Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:11 am

Liu Jin wrote:I was going around online when I bumped into this site that has some pictures for RTK9. Although I can't read Chinese or understand it...I manage to find the link for the pictures! and I'm here to share them:

http://xf-trans.hb.cninfo.net/sanguogame/special/san9/san9-j.html

- - - - -

Wow, very interesting. Looks almost like a RTK VIII RTK VI mix.
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:13 am

No more playing as non-ruler... :cry:
The graphics look nice. Hopefully they will have improved the battle parts over RTK VIII (way too slow in RTK VIII... I always get bored waiting for the troops to move...), and not make it a huge memory-eater like RTK VIII!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:04 pm

Pretty nice :) I like the battle graphics......hmmm, sorta reminds me of AOE tho :D
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:19 am

What reminds you of AoE? The battles or the graphics? :)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:28 am

Lady Wu wrote:What reminds you of AoE? The battles or the graphics? :)

The battle maps look similar to the AoE/Warcraft style games. There is a large map with multiple locations. It looks quite different than what I am used to. No more officer playing eh? Are there any other notes that stick out?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

warfare

Unread postby Zhou Ace Yu » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:22 am

it looks like this game has a different type of fighting wars. I mean it's more realistic.
Zhou Ace Yu

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:52 am

One of my personal dreams for an RTK game is a universal world map.. it's kind of hard to explain, but rather than have each city having its own battlefields, I wanted all of China to be a continuous battlefield. When you engage in war, you could march your army wherever you wanted.. if you defeat the enemy's forces when they attack you, chase them right back to their city and conquer it. Have the choice of coming straight at Chang An from the south, or heading around via Qishan and Jie Ting. No more battlefields that end at arbitrary borders that you're simply not allowed to pass, even though they're open plains.

From the few screenshots there, it looks like Koei might be implementing something along that line. I don't want it to become a Warcraft-esque real time strategy game, but if the entire map was a battlefield, I think that would add a good strategic element. ;)
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Liu Jin » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:06 am

It does lose realistic..but I'm sure I wouldn't want to buy it since the way it looks.

Look at the map..and look at the cities..and now the battle, its all crumbled up! Its kind of like Dynasty Tatics, but you take commance of it and...nevermind

It just ruined all of the hard work that Koei has put up.. :evil:
Liu Jin

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:26 am

Zhuge Kongming wrote:The battle maps look similar to the AoE/Warcraft style games. There is a large map with multiple locations. It looks quite different than what I am used to.

I think this trend started in RTK8 -- I'm not that fond of it because it just didn't feel -- RTK. :(

No more officer playing eh? Are there any other notes that stick out?
Only that it's going to be released in Taiwan, Japan, and Korea this winter, and that it's reverting back to a RTK6-esque battle gameplay, though since that they're not doing the officer-playing thing anymore, they might concentrate on making the battles better. The battlefield is still 2D, though. :oangry:

And no, Xiahou Mao, I don't think RTK will go RTS for a while. If it does, I'm going to quit playing RTK and go back to Warcraft.

PS: Hey James I saw that you added that to KMA! Good job! BTW, the caption for the picture with Xu You reads: "Xu You comes to join [Cao Cao]".
Lady Wu

Unread postby Ieyasu Xundari » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:35 pm

I was at Kongming's archives when i discovered it. I got excited, but after seeing everyones' comments here i'm a little confused. So you have to play a ruler? If you do that won't ber very cool. I don't like playing rulers. I like playing Warlords.
Ieyasu Xundari
Changshi

Location: Watching Anime with Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, and Guan Yu

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms