RTK IX: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX?

Yes!
75
74%
No.
7
7%
Unsure...
3
3%
Never played it.
17
17%
 
Total votes : 102

I just read

Unread postby Ren Kai » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:43 am

I was reading up an article by IGN about RTK because RTK7 for PS2 received an award for best strategy game of 2002 from IGN in America. I was interested because I know RTK8 has been out for some time, and now I hear that 9 is coming. I just don't know when or if it will come out for english users, but by the looks of the article from IGN, Koei appears to be making an official effort to push into the action genre.

I can't say what this really means, but maybe one day they will consider making an "ultimate" game which has the best of RTK, Dynasty Warriors, and Tactics all in one.
"Your Imperial Highness, a dragon must always remember to keep his friends close, but his enemies even closer." -Ren Kai-
User avatar
Ren Kai
Tyro
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:12 am
Location: Mongol Throne

Unread postby Zuyen Yu » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:00 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:One of my personal dreams for an RTK game is a universal world map.. it's kind of hard to explain, but rather than have each city having its own battlefields, I wanted all of China to be a continuous battlefield. When you engage in war, you could march your army wherever you wanted.. if you defeat the enemy's forces when they attack you, chase them right back to their city and conquer it. Have the choice of coming straight at Chang An from the south, or heading around via Qishan and Jie Ting. No more battlefields that end at arbitrary borders that you're simply not allowed to pass, even though they're open plains.

From the few screenshots there, it looks like Koei might be implementing something along that line. I don't want it to become a Warcraft-esque real time strategy game, but if the entire map was a battlefield, I think that would add a good strategic element. ;)


I haven't post for a long time now but I took a peak at this place today and I can not believe that already planing on RTKIX already. Anyway I agree with Xiahou Mao on this point... :P
User avatar
Zuyen Yu
Student
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:08 pm
Location: In camp. Ready for battle...

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:00 pm

phianhvu wrote:I haven't post for a long time now but I took a peak at this place today and I can not believe that already planing on RTKIX already. Anyway I agree with Xiahou Mao on this point... :P


Not just planned--released.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
User avatar
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:13 pm

Unread postby Zuyen Yu » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:12 pm

Carp's Tail wrote:
phianhvu wrote:I haven't post for a long time now but I took a peak at this place today and I can not believe that already planing on RTKIX already. Anyway I agree with Xiahou Mao on this point... :P


Not just planned--released.


What do you mean, release??? Where??? Japan??? If it true...WoW...I don't need to buy VIII then. Have anybody in here have any kind of review on RTKVIII yet...?
User avatar
Zuyen Yu
Student
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:08 pm
Location: In camp. Ready for battle...

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:58 pm

phianhvu wrote:What do you mean, release??? Where??? Japan??? If it true...WoW...I don't need to buy VIII then. Have anybody in here have any kind of review on RTKVIII yet...?


Well, I do believe that RTK9 was released this winter in Japan for the Japanese PS2.

I think there may be a review of RTK8 over at http://sanguogame.126.com but I'm not sure. I still enjoy RTK8, personally.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
User avatar
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:13 pm

Unread postby Ugly Dude » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:49 am

This is so unfair, while you guys are enjoy playing ROT3K 8 and 9 (soon) I'm still playing 7, not said that 7 isn't not good or anything, but I want to play the lastest version as well :cry: . Why didn't I learn to read Japanese...why...why :( .

By the way ROT3K 9 is coming out in Japanese on the 14th of March 2003
Some guy once written "What is in a name, for a rose with any other name...etc". Now...who was he again?
User avatar
Ugly Dude
Tyro
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:12 pm

Unread postby Zuyen Yu » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:55 pm

Ugly Dude wrote:This is so unfair, while you guys are enjoy playing ROT3K 8 and 9 (soon) I'm still playing 7, not said that 7 isn't not good or anything, but I want to play the lastest version as well :cry: . Why didn't I learn to read Japanese...why...why :( .

By the way ROT3K 9 is coming out in Japanese on the 14th of March 2003


Hey man, I haven't play RTKVII for awhile but I also only have 7 not the lastest one, I'm jealous wtih the Japs too. Eventually it will get overhere... :P
User avatar
Zuyen Yu
Student
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:08 pm
Location: In camp. Ready for battle...

Unread postby Sun Siling » Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:58 pm

Hm...I rather stick with RTK7 then having RTK 8 or 9 ^_^. Maybe RTK 10 will be good and only then will I start buying KOEI products again. I am very disappointed that they are making RTK 9 look...stupid.

Although right now Dynasty Warriors 4 is coming out this month and also that RTK7 is probablly the best balanced RTK ever created.
"Learn from the past, Live in the present, Plan for the future."
But sometimes you learn from friends too ^_^
User avatar
Sun Siling
Academic
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:58 am

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:37 pm

Sun Siling wrote:Hm...I rather stick with RTK7 then having RTK 8 or 9 ^_^. Maybe RTK 10 will be good and only then will I start buying KOEI products again. I am very disappointed that they are making RTK 9 look...stupid.

Although right now Dynasty Warriors 4 is coming out this month and also that RTK7 is probablly the best balanced RTK ever created.


I disagree. I liked RTK7 at the beginning, but then I found too many faults in it. For one, you really couldn't get the events to appear and even if you got all the required conditions in place, there was no guarantee that the event in question would appear. Second, it was WAY too easy to get officers who were historically not supposed to be with you, even if historical mode was on. If I played 189 AD, I could get Zhong Yao, Chen Qun, Guo Jia, Xun Yu, Huang Zhong, Taishi Ci, and Han Hao within 6 months. Third, the concept of teng jia and elephant units was supremely wasted in RTK7. Sure, you had to capture the right city, but the units were not worth the investment of technology to develop and create.

I prefer RTK8.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
User avatar
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:13 pm

Unread postby Sun Siling » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:35 am

Carp's Tail wrote:
Sun Siling wrote:Hm...I rather stick with RTK7 then having RTK 8 or 9 ^_^. Maybe RTK 10 will be good and only then will I start buying KOEI products again. I am very disappointed that they are making RTK 9 look...stupid.

Although right now Dynasty Warriors 4 is coming out this month and also that RTK7 is probablly the best balanced RTK ever created.


I disagree. I liked RTK7 at the beginning, but then I found too many faults in it. For one, you really couldn't get the events to appear and even if you got all the required conditions in place, there was no guarantee that the event in question would appear. Second, it was WAY too easy to get officers who were historically not supposed to be with you, even if historical mode was on. If I played 189 AD, I could get Zhong Yao, Chen Qun, Guo Jia, Xun Yu, Huang Zhong, Taishi Ci, and Han Hao within 6 months. Third, the concept of teng jia and elephant units was supremely wasted in RTK7. Sure, you had to capture the right city, but the units were not worth the investment of technology to develop and create.

I prefer RTK8.


I played the CHinese version and liked it well too, but I'm saying to American's needs and haves. lol. You don't see it over here do you? Well to tell you, RTK8 is better than RTK7, but when I battled in RTK8 with like 20 units, it takes forever to get to your turn!
"Learn from the past, Live in the present, Plan for the future."
But sometimes you learn from friends too ^_^
User avatar
Sun Siling
Academic
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved