RTK IX: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX?

Yes!
73%
No.
7%
Unsure...
3%
Never played it.
17%

Total votes : 101

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:31 am

Lady Wu wrote:PS: Hey James I saw that you added that to KMA! Good job! BTW, the caption for the picture with Xu You reads: "Xu You comes to join [Cao Cao]".

I think the game looks great. I am hoping for a nice new battle system myself. I really don’t want it to turn into anything like Warcraft... unless they do some serious work to improve the system.

And thank you very much for that translation; it was a quite baffling. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:43 pm

ah man, don't start making us anxious for RTK IX already, I won't even being seeing VIII for quite some time. (living in America has some very small disadvantages. :D )
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:25 pm

Zhang Liao17 wrote:ah man, don't start making us anxious for RTK IX already, I won't even being seeing VIII for quite some time. (living in America has some very small disadvantages. :D )

At least you don’t live in Europe. They probably won’t see any of them. :(
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:22 pm

Zhang Liao17 wrote:ah man, don't start making us anxious for RTK IX already, I won't even being seeing VIII for quite some time. (living in America has some very small disadvantages. :D )

Living in America....I live in freakin England and we dont even have a release date for VII, think yourselves lucky compared to European Users.

One of the things that annoys me is when NTSC Users complain, sometimes we have to wait 6 months after the game is released in the states although I dont see why as the European Market is Just as Big as the States.

:evil: , Im alright, just need to chill out a bit....

As a matter of fact, im gonna trace this up if ever a euro release is possible.... :(

The Portraits look better each time, especially Cao Cao, he looks so much like a leader, and Sima Yi looks exceptionally evil than before...

http://kongming.net/9/portraits/ - (IX Officer Portraits From Ol Kongming)
What? Am I suppose to impress you with a phrase. ><
Zhou Tai
Scholar

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:43 pm

Some portraits are remniscient from the live-action TV series, especially RTK5's portraits. As for RTK9, Sima Yi's portrait bears a strong resemblance to the actor who portrayed him.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:55 pm

Zhou Tai wrote:One of the things that annoys me is when NTSC Users complain, sometimes we have to wait 6 months after the game is released in the states although I dont see why as the European Market is Just as Big as the States.

Actually, for Koei and many other companies it is much less profitable. It is was as profitable as the states you would get the same releases. If there is anything companies know how to do it is count money.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:18 am

True, but surely they would have a sales count of somesort, it just seems a tad unfair that we (Pal Users) miss out. :(
Zhou Tai
Scholar

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:27 am

Zhou Tai wrote:True, but surely they would have a sales count of somesort, it just seems a tad unfair that we (Pal Users) miss out. :(

Dynasty Warriors 4 will probably have a major impact on Koei’s decision to release (or to avoid) future Romance of the Three Kingdoms releases in Europe. It is their most popular English game and I suspect they want to use it to build up interest in other Koei San Guo games.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:23 pm

Are you sure you dont work for Koei? :lol:

*Sigh* Looks like im gonna have to wait even longer to play as Zhou Tai.....
Zhou Tai
Scholar

Unread postby Liu Jin » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:29 am

Heh..just to point this out, without me to tell James...he didn't even know about it! :lol: although I thought he was smater then that...no offense

Anyways..RTK9 is just not fitting for the series...I wouldn't even buy this..but if anyone is nice enough to give me it..then..hm.. :roll:
Liu Jin

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms