RTK IX: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX?

Yes!
75%
No.
7%
Unsure...
3%
Never played it.
15%

Total votes : 99

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:55 pm

I think I can help on making that more readable:

1. The main interface will operate with you being able to see the entire map of China at once, with the cities, forts, gates, etc. being visible on the screen. In a sense, it will be similar to Age of Empires where everything that happens (i.e. your opponents' moves, your moves, building installations, etc.) is visible.

2. A two-stage battle system, similar to RTK6's "three day" system. You plan your units' moves and then carry out your plan of attack. Your officers will have special skills and abilities that augment their units' abilities to carry out an effective battle campaign.

3. Your country can build extra battlements in addition to the cities and pre-existing forts, including staging grounds and encampments for long-term and long-distance battles. You can re-create the Battle of Chibi by planting down your forces' headquarters and camps on the opposite sides of the Yangtze River.

4. (I'm not sure what this part means, but it seems to indicate a different soldier training system.)

5. Play up to 8 rulers.

6. (self-explanatory)
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Windrush » Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:29 am

thanks, next time I have problems reading Japanese game articles
I will get your help!
:P
something about myself...
I played the entire RTK/San Series (1-8) as well as Uncharted Water Series (1-4) by Koei on the PC.
Yes, I'm versed both English and Chinese.
Windrush
Tyro

Unread postby Zhou Mao » Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:48 am

What part of those screenshots reminded people of Warcraft?

When I saw them, I immediately though RTK6, and I'm still failing to see the resemblence.
Zhou Mao
Assistant

Unread postby Yuan Seth » Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:02 pm

If anyone played the game, could you tell me if alliances like in R3K VI can be made, because I don't like the treaties in VII....
袁 "Since the dawn of time every one will die,
Let the history books note my death with loyalty at heart." --Wen Tianxiang
Yuan Seth
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Outskirts of Beiping - Driving Gongsun Zan to suicide

Unread postby FunnyFace » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:07 pm

WindRush...glad to see a fellow Singaporean.

I guess I'll be checking on Sim Lim to ask when RTk9 will be released..should be end of this month if im not wrong?THat Koei page and gamecity page seems not updated for a looooong time.

And to the guy who was scared if RTK became RealTimeStrategy....

I got a shock of my life when i bought Nobunaga9 and it was RTS...not just RTS but a really bad RTS with super clunky interface....NObunaga 10 is also RTS but it seems better....in fact if they make it

Medieval:Total war or SHogun:Total war style then it would be damned cool.

As for RTK...i wanna have one on one duels which i can control.
ONe thing that always disturbed me about the nobunaga series.....why doesnt it ever have one on one duels?Hmmmm.....
FunnyFace

Unread postby DarkAnthem » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:01 am

FunnyFace wrote:As for RTK...i wanna have one on one duels which i can control.

there's an old RTK game where you can actually control the duels, so you can kill Lu Bu with Zhuge Liang (sort of impossible though, you need mad skills). It's on Genesis and it's only in Chinese and Japanese. You might be able to find it on a rom somewhere. It's usually called Sangokushi Retsuden, quite hard to find though.

anyway, does anyone know the exact release date for RTK 9? I can't even find a release date on any Chinese web pages, even though it's supposed to be close to the release date by now.

btw, I quite liked the RTS in Nobunaga 9, oh well. The problem I did have with the game was it's way too easy. If you enhance your relations with the citizens in your territory to the highest level, the enemies will literally never attack, which makes a "game over" impossible for using any crappy ruler. On the Easy mode it was like that anyway.
DarkAnthem
Master

Unread postby FunnyFace » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:44 pm

DarkAnthem wrote:
FunnyFace wrote:As for RTK...i wanna have one on one duels which i can control.

there's an old RTK game where you can actually control the duels, so you can kill Lu Bu with Zhuge Liang (sort of impossible though, you need mad skills). It's on Genesis and it's only in Chinese and Japanese. You might be able to find it on a rom somewhere. It's usually called Sangokushi Retsuden, quite hard to find though.

anyway, does anyone know the exact release date for RTK 9? I can't even find a release date on any Chinese web pages, even though it's supposed to be close to the release date by now.

btw, I quite liked the RTS in Nobunaga 9, oh well. The problem I did have with the game was it's way too easy. If you enhance your relations with the citizens in your territory to the highest level, the enemies will literally never attack, which makes a "game over" impossible for using any crappy ruler. On the Easy mode it was like that anyway.
Regarding the Release date of RTK9 for PC...gamecity says Winter 2002....anyone knows whenis Winter for Japan?December? Or March? or what? i dont live in japan.

Sangokushi Retsudan?Hmmm..sounds interesting...ill c heck it out.
FunnyFace

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:48 pm

FunnyFace wrote:Regarding the Release date of RTK9 for PC...gamecity says Winter 2002....anyone knows whenis Winter for Japan?December? Or March? or what? i dont live in japan.

If it doesn't come out by the end of this year 2002, then it's likely to come out by around February. Generally, that's how the previous two RTK's have been released (just before spring of the year).
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby animetayl » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:23 am

If they don't allow you to play officers, I won't like it! :evil: That would just be so boring, playing only 8 people! -__-
animetayl
Sky Bandit

Unread postby Hotsuma Moritsune » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:40 pm

The art is good though....
My Buds at SOSZ: Jon, James, Jesse, D_G, Dian Wei, Nate, Shizumeru, ZhangHe_OfWei, Kyle a.k.a. Lu Xun and Ryan a.k.a. Hayate
Goddamn! I've been at my last stand at Wu Zhang Plains for months! When the hell am I gonna die or when's the battle gonna end?
Hotsuma Moritsune
Changshi

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms