Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu May 03, 2007 4:27 am

ROTK11 (Chinese Version):

Without PUK: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 004463145/

With PUK:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 004612157/

ROTK9 (Chinese Version):

Without PUK:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 004622173/

Anything else will be added as it's found.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Subotai » Thu May 03, 2007 9:18 pm

thanks!!! :D
"If your sword is sharp, then mine is never dull!"

Yuan Shao to the rebel Tung Cho.
Subotai
Langzhong

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu May 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Wow the prices are pretty steep
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Fri May 04, 2007 2:31 am

$60 is about standard for a PC game nowadays. $30 is standard for an expansion pack. So $90 for a bundled game + expansion pack isn't unreasonable.

Of course, look at ROTK9: it's down to under $30.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri May 04, 2007 3:27 am

Ahh. Ok, I never really fully understood what the PUK was... and what it was for. It makes sense now.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Asellas » Fri May 04, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm going to have to pay these prices because of my new computer…then again, I completed RTK X and XI with all forces, etcetera... but I yearn for having my custom family of mystics with all skills and 255 in stats.
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Asellas » Thu May 24, 2007 10:19 pm

I'm getting a £100 bonus soon, can anyone kindly redirect me to a site that sells Sangokushi X with the PUK, in Japanese? Many thanks. I'd very much like to be since Ich nicht kann herunterladen der torrent.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:26 pm

Caution when buying from Yes-Asia:

I recently bought a set of DVDs from them, and upon inspection I have every reason to believe that the discs were pirated (seriously, I could download better quality movie files than the ones they had on there... and the dead giveaway is that the URL for the downloads were actually on the screen in the discs!).

The return/refund policy is this:

- Mail item back to Hong Kong (cost me $50)
- If they find no defect, they'll mail it back to you but not refund your shipping.
- If they find a defect, they'll send you a replacement.
- Only if they don't have that item in stock anymore would they give you a STORE CREDIT refund.
- They do not refund your money under any circumstances.

So I mailed the item back with a letter explaining why I thought it was pirated, and demanded a refund in money because I didn't trust their company anymore.

They said, if you can't provide the specific disc number and the place on the disc where the defect/URL is found, they can't look into it.

I said, I haven't watched all 47 discs, and the discs didn't have unique numbers on them anyway. But I can tell you the unique name on the disc that has the problem.

They said, too bad. We can't look into it.

So this has dragged on since February, and I was like *#&@#$^ about it today. So I called my credit card company to see if they could do something about it. But no. Because YesAsia's store policy is "in-store credit only", not even Visa could go and extract money from them for a disputed charge.

---

I've had good transactions with YesAsia before, but this has taught me not to be too careless. Their policies put the unhappy customer in a very bad position. First, you mail the product back, so you have no more concrete evidence on hand. Second, it's up to them to decide whether to give you credit or not; satisfaction is NOT guaranteed. Third, the best they could do is to give you an in-store credit, so you're forced to buy something else from them.

---

Moral? Only buy from them if you've shopped around (there are other internet sites that sell Asian products, or you could look into ordering directly from the manufacturer). YesAsia's prices are slightly higher than average because their shipping is "free". (Of course, all your returns have to be sent to Hong Kong by airmail, and that can be super costly, like in my case.)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:40 am

I've heard about that. The games themselves are legit, as they have the necessary registration information; but always be careful.

Lady Wu, if you know of any other sites that sell Koei Taiwan products and have an English interface, could you provide some links? I'd like to remove YesAsia from the equation altogether.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:04 am

The site Play Asia also has RTK for PC, and an English interface. They do not have free shipping though.

Here is another site, but I don't know when was the last time they updated it.

Here is another one, that looks up-to-date and legit. The shipping prices look reasonable as well.

I haven't shopped from any of these three, though, so I can't tell you if they're good or not.

PS: to be fair, I did buy my DW5 (PC) from YesAsia, and that was a good transaction. I'm just saying be careful and look very closely at the item description and match it to the original product's page, and keep in mind that you can't get a refund in money.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms