Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 am

Sangokushi games aren't great enough to be worth their price, not to mention the price of importing. Seriously.

Wait for the RTK11 English release or go take a vacation opportunity to get it.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:08 am

Is there anywhere to find the PC games in English? If not, which games in the series have reliable English patches? I was thinking of going the PC route over the PS2 route, but I haven't found hardly anything online that's available.

I did find 7 or 9 I think and 11 at a local game store, but they're in Korean. While I could manage to still play it in Korean, Chinese names are totally different in Hangul, so I'd have almost no idea who anyone is. Is it entirely unlikely that an English patch would work with the Korean version?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:40 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Is there anywhere to find the PC games in English? If not, which games in the series have reliable English patches? I was thinking of going the PC route over the PS2 route, but I haven't found hardly anything online that's available.

I did find 7 or 9 I think and 11 at a local game store, but they're in Korean. While I could manage to still play it in Korean, Chinese names are totally different in Hangul, so I'd have almost no idea who anyone is. Is it entirely unlikely that an English patch would work with the Korean version?

Most likely, a patch wouldn't work.

Only RTK11 is coming out on English for the PC. KOEI has only recently begun selling English PC games.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks for the response.

If I go the Chinese/Japanese game route, which ones have fairly good patches around? Anyone know?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Cao Shang made a really good Japanese->English patch for ROTK11. It also works on the Chinese version, but there are a few errors there. I believe both the Japanese->English and Chinese->English patches for ROTK10 (the Chinese one was made by me and I still actually make progress on it, just haven't updated it yet) both make the game playable (moreso if you've played the PS2 version).

To be honest, since I learned Chinese, the motivation to do patches left. There are too many limitations - people with long names in English may only have eight bytes allocated to their entire name in the PC game, thus Xiahou Shang becomes XhouShng if you want to try to squeeze it in, and it looks ugly.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Cheksa » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 am

Hi,

I've seen that the game is announced for a North America release on July 29th, but I can't find any information about the distribution.
Does anybody know if it's gonna be released on digital downloads or if it's gonna be in stores on the 29th?

Cheksa

Unread postby Sabin Stargem » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:24 am

Okay, here are the details of what I know.

Distribution: Direct2Drive and Trygaming portals are where you can get it. Fortunately, you can also pick up a boxed copy of ROTK XI when it is released, which I believe to be September 5th. North America gets Digital Distribution about September 9th.

PUK: No word at this time, though someone through a dubious grapeline said that a representive of Koei mentioned that it isn't happening. The demo doesn't help much in that regard, though I have heard Oriental versions of the demo also lacked PUK additions. So flip a coin, pray to whatever empowers you. Turtle soup wouldn't hurt, either.
Sabin Stargem

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:36 am

Sun Gongli wrote:To be honest, since I learned Chinese, the motivation to do patches left. There are too many limitations - people with long names in English may only have eight bytes allocated to their entire name in the PC game, thus Xiahou Shang becomes XhouShng if you want to try to squeeze it in, and it looks ugly.

I read about that elsewhere, the name limitations. Does that pose a problem in XI? I've got no motivations to learn Chinese for the time being and would just get the English PC version instead if that's the case...if I can find it.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ZakuAn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Where can I find link to download RTK X freely?
ZakuAn
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:38 am

ZakuAn wrote:Where can I find link to download RTK X freely?

We do not support software piracy on this forum. Which is why we have this thread.

Please don't ask about illegal downloads anymore.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms