Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:33 pm

If that's the case, then it shouldn't really matter, lol.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:08 pm

That's what I was hinting at, Lezard. I knew I shouldn't discuss "that" so I just hinted. :P

As it stands, the only RTK you can buy now is RTK12 and RTK12+PUK. It's done through GameCity.

I honestly wish the authorities would stop cracking down on piracy so much. No point to it. Their efforts cost people more money than companies lose to piracy, that has been proven so many times it's not even funny. In my humble opinion, if a game or whatever is "out of print" as RTK11 is, it should be public domain automatically. That's my opinion and I stick to it.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby cryptguardian » Sun May 04, 2014 5:20 pm

ModEdit: Please do not post links to illegal downloads. ~LW
cryptguardian
Student

Unread postby therob » Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 pm

i bought rtk xi on gamefly for 20 bucks.
therob
Apprentice

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Tue May 06, 2014 12:42 am

We're talking about the Japanese version with the PUK. That's one you can't buy anywhere now due to it being "out of print".
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DangerWorldWide » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:40 pm

ROTK 11 is on Gamefly, but I don't think it includes the PUK.

Is there a way to take the PUK from a Chinese/Japanese version and plug it into the English one? or do you just have to do language patch work?
DangerWorldWide
Apprentice

Unread postby ConradTheMad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:31 am

DangerWorldWide wrote:Is there a way to take the PUK from a Chinese/Japanese version and plug it into the English one? or do you just have to do language patch work?

I believe that the most viable option is language patching. When asking a similar question I was directed to this thread re: language patching Asian version(s).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23379

Have fun,
CtM
ConradTheMad
Tyro

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 am

I've never played any RTK games, I love strategy games, am I correct in thinkin 12 is the latest ? I know it's currently on Vita in JP, I have a PC. I am in UK, where is the best place to get either of these? If its not possible which is the best game for me to get, both gameplay wise and how easy it is for me to acquire.
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Unread postby David Lo Pan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 pm

-zhoutai- wrote:I've never played any RTK games, I love strategy games, am I correct in thinkin 12 is the latest ? I know it's currently on Vita in JP, I have a PC. I am in UK, where is the best place to get either of these? If its not possible which is the best game for me to get, both gameplay wise and how easy it is for me to acquire.

I've looked around the internet and I can't find the Japanese +PUK version other than on shifty pirate sites.
David Lo Pan
Tyro

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 am

Okay, look, I've searched everywhere and only 11 and 12 are still being sold.

As such, I'm asking. Is there anywhere to download Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 with the PUK that isn't a torrent site (since I can't download torrents right now) and that actually works? I figure it's okay to ask only because buying it is 100% impossible now so it should rightly and fairly be public domain since there are no longer any sales related to the game whatsoever and so there is no longer any legal standing to claim lost business or sales, which is the entire point of anti-piracy actions.

If this gets me in trouble or banned, then that's to be blamed on archaic nonsense. The game can't be gotten any "legal" way at all. If this gets me in trouble, then I really should just leave the site permanently. I'm just so frustrated. I got back into RTK10 recently but I can't play the PS2 version now because I have no way to play it. Since I did pay for RTK10 on the PS2 and the game can't be gotten otherwise, I should have a right to the download for the whole "personal backup" reason.

P.S. If you have the game, please find a way to get it to me. If not on here, then somehow to my e-mail.

P.S.S. Issues like this are why I support open source and open internet with no censorship at all.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms