Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Unread postby TVL » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 am

LiuBei5 wrote:is their any sites on how to get Official R.O.T.K 10 or 12 on PC in English or is 12 not out yet

RoTK 12 is out, but only japanese version, no official English version so far
TVL
Master

Unread postby bentou » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 am

Hi, I currently have the direct2drive version of ROTK XI. But I hear that playing with the PUK is much better... but I also understand that there is no PUK for the English version.

Is there a place to legally purchase the game with PUK for digital download? I've looked around and found that there are translation projects, so I'm not worried about that.
bentou
Tyro

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:28 am

Alas, there is no way to buy RTK11+PUK anymore. Sad but true.

In fact, it was difficult for me to even find where to purchase RTK12+PUK, as there's only one way to get it now. Here:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shop/dl/soft/san12wpk/

The price is absolutely outrageous, mind you. Easily double the price of top-tier games like Final Fantasy, especially for this one since the PUK basically made the game decent this time around rather than being above and beyond good. It's no wonder RTK makes them no money and they've pretty much abandoned the series. If you have the money, though, that link is where you'll find it.

RTK11+PUK, however, is out of stock and out of print everywhere you'll try to look.

It actually really makes me mad, honestly. They haven't put effort into marketing RTK in over a decade, released only standard versions over here (with no PC releases except for vanilla 11), and then were confused when we didn't eat it up. They've mismanaged it for so long it's sad.

</rant>
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby bentou » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:40 am

Sad. :( I was looking forward to having more game options than the ones in the English release.
bentou
Tyro

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:02 pm

So then there's no way to get ROTK XI + PUK, you're sure? Could someone, in theory buy ROTK XI Japanese version and download the PUK or multiple patches etc (if that's not illegal) to compensate?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:48 am

So then there's no way to get ROTK XI + PUK, you're sure? Could someone, in theory buy ROTK XI Japanese version and download the PUK or multiple patches etc (if that's not illegal) to compensate?

That's illegal. PUK is sold separately and is also expensive ...

But then, if that became so difficult to find that they're not going to profit anyway, go ahead and download the pirated. If you can buy the standard original and want to support koei, then go ahead and buy it, later you can download the pirate PUK (at least they'll profit from one more sale isn't?).

Knowing that you're young (don't have a salary), already own the english version and that Koei charges high and delivers little, I strongly advise you to download the pirate version first and see if you like it before buying (use it like a demo). Many forumers don't think that PUK features add much to the game, while others just don't stand the fan translations (which will never be perfect due to limitations in the amount of characters we can input).

Just bear in mind that you can't discuss the pirated version here in the forum (you can't say you're using a pirate version, ask for help cracking, ask for links or share links to pirate stuff). Moderators are so sensible to it that I don't even know if I've broken the rules in this very post by saying what I think is common sense. The reminder thread about it:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17681
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 am

Lezard wrote:But then, if that became so difficult to find that they're not going to profit anyway, go ahead and download the pirated. If you can buy the standard original and want to support koei, then go ahead and buy it, later you can download the pirate PUK (at least they'll profit from one more sale isn't?).

I mean the standard original isn't even sold. I bought some licensed download from a gaming site for a $20 credit card exchange and the thing only has like three files to the overall file containing custom avatars I've downloaded a long time ago, one scenario that doesn't work and my save files. That's all of it. The file known as "Koei">"ROTK XI">"Saves,CustomOfficers,CustomScenarios". This is why I doubt I have the actual ROTK XI files one would have with a disc.

Lezard wrote:Knowing that you're young (don't have a salary), already own the english version and that Koei charges high and delivers little, I strongly advise you to download the pirate version first and see if you like it before buying (use it like a demo). Many forumers don't think that PUK features add much to the game, while others just don't stand the fan translations (which will never be perfect due to limitations in the amount of characters we can input).

Again, the version I own probably isn't even a full version, the thing crashes every 10 minutes or so. I wouldn't even really know how to download it, and I'm more than certain it's not to be discussed here, you're right. I know for a fact that I'd enjoy the PUK, though.
Last edited by Xia Kyoto on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:17 am

xia kyoto,

The link i given you for downloading the PC PUK traditional chinese though is illegal, but is the original copy of the game.

A forumer from Hardwarezone forum gave me that link, so i share it with everyone.

However, you do not trust that link, then i'm sorry to say i can't help you

Anyway, i saw your question asked here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17352

RTK 11 previously can be purchased at Singapore, but it's no longer available now......I am the second last guy to purchase the PC PUK traditional game though :)
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:21 am

By the way, I'm not sure if any translations work on the Chinese PUK if you decide to get that one. I know that they work on the Japanese one though.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:50 pm

They work, but the game will actually be converted to japanese version.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms