Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Where to buy Romance of the Three Kingdoms PC versions:

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:44 pm

DreamGoddessLindsey wrote:Okay, look, I've searched everywhere and only 11 and 12 are still being sold.

As such, I'm asking. Is there anywhere to download Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 with the PUK that isn't a torrent site (since I can't download torrents right now) and that actually works? I figure it's okay to ask only because buying it is 100% impossible now so it should rightly and fairly be public domain since there are no longer any sales related to the game whatsoever and so there is no longer any legal standing to claim lost business or sales, which is the entire point of anti-piracy actions.

If this gets me in trouble or banned, then that's to be blamed on archaic nonsense. The game can't be gotten any "legal" way at all. If this gets me in trouble, then I really should just leave the site permanently. I'm just so frustrated. I got back into RTK10 recently but I can't play the PS2 version now because I have no way to play it. Since I did pay for RTK10 on the PS2 and the game can't be gotten otherwise, I should have a right to the download for the whole "personal backup" reason.

P.S. If you have the game, please find a way to get it to me. If not on here, then somehow to my e-mail.

P.S.S. Issues like this are why I support open source and open internet with no censorship at all.

I know a couple place that sell the digital Korean version of this for 'bout 6 dollars, honestly not sure if its legal tho! Though you need a Korean citizenship number (i dont have one anymore so i use my cousins)....
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:20 am

As of right now, all ROTK versions (except 11 and 12) are available on Steam. I'm glad that KOEI has decided to make the older games available on PC, but unfortunately they are not in English so if you want to play in English, you will need to find an English patch.

Edit: You should also expect to pay full price for these games because KOEI is stingy with their money and they rarely give any good discounts like the other games you find on steam.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby fritz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Human5 wrote:As of right now, all ROTK versions (except 11 and 12) are available on Steam. I'm glad that KOEI has decided to make the older games available on PC, but unfortunately they are not in English so if you want to play in English, you will need to find an English patch.

Edit: You should also expect to pay full price for these games because KOEI is stingy with their money and they rarely give any good discounts like the other games you find on steam.

Do you know if the English patch on this website works with the RTK X Puk on steam?

*EDIT: Reading some of the discussion in the game's steam forum -- doesn't look like the English patch works
fritz
Academic

Unread postby Havie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 am

Does anybody know where to get the PUK For X that will work with the english patch, its appears the steam version does not work, and the 1 other version I found wont launch
Havie
Apprentice

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:53 pm

I had a quick chat with a Koei rep today!

I told him that they really should release English patches for the older ROTK games on Steam, especially considering many already had English releases in the past.

He said he'd like to see English language updates too and asked me if I had to choose one, which one would it be. I said XI if I had to choose just one, but any or all would be good at this point.

Maaaaaybe something will happen for Steam players in the near future? :mrgreen:
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Aaron.K » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:23 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:I had a quick chat with a Koei rep today!

I told him that they really should release English patches for the older ROTK games on Steam, especially considering many already had English releases in the past.

He said he'd like to see English language updates too and asked me if I had to choose one, which one would it be. I said XI if I had to choose just one, but any or all would be good at this point.

Maaaaaybe something will happen for Steam players in the near future? :mrgreen:

Glad to hear you've gotten through to them. I kept making tweets to them, maybe my pestering got them to have someone actually listen to someone.

Honestly, out of all of them; 4 - 11 would be the best to pick from. Old versions of 1, 2, and 3 are easily gotten (I can literally go to my local flea market and find floppy disks of these no problem) and can be emulated with DOSbox.

4 is very solid and would be nice to see playable in English on PC again (could probably emulate it with DOSbox too, but the English PC release is hard to find even through less than reputable means).
5 we've never got in English at all so it'd be nice to try.
6 is amazing on PS1 so would be great as well, plus I'd like to see the PUK additions.
7 has some of the best music in the series and beautiful artwork.
8 has some very interesting mechanics from the PUK as mentioned in a guide on GameFAQs, and it's my favourite out of the RPG releases.
9 is my absolute favourite in the entire series so I'd love too see it, and it'd be the one I'd pick if I can only choose one.
10 is well beloved by people who like the RPG style.
11 is my second favourite, but seeing as how it's already got an English PC release I'm not as pressed to have it in English on Steam, though the PUK features are nice and would be fun to play around with.

Ideally, all of them in English would be spectacular (and even the older Nobunaga's Ambition titles, and; Taikou Risshiden, Uncharted Waters (I'd love to see 3 put on Steam), the Genghis Khan games, Bandit Kings of Ancient China, and all of their other old titles that are now on Steam).
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms