Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Strategies and Secrets

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re:

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 am

Phalanx7 wrote:1. Always have a healer nearby. Consider your food as your hp this time around. If it drops to zero, and victory is not near in sight, consider yourself deadmeat. That is why it's always important for the beginner player to have an army at the lead, followed by a transport unit with enough food to re-feed hungry troops on the battlefield.
Say you have 5 armies on the field, defending against a huge force, albeit one with an off-timing, send out a transport unit with food that could supply them alternately. Don't forget to put 4000+ soldiers in that unit, preventing it from becoming a one-hit kill and wasting your resources. Supply the unit you think should be out in the field the longest.
In one of the scenarios, Sun Quan kept attacking my base in Shou Chun with several units with 9000 - 12000 men each and all the defense I could hope for was shutting them out in a bottleneck south of the city. With the enemy sending wave after wave every turn, I just had a transport unit pop up and help the needy troops.

Wait a second. Are you telling me you can use a transport unit to re-supply food to deployed military units..? Huh. Since when was this possible, this is the first time I have ever heard of this haha. How does this work?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Re:

Unread postby foosoomin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:55 am

xia kyoto,

possible to send transport unit to resupply deployed units solders, armaments, gold & food

Example, if the deployed unit is Spear unit, send a transport unit with enough spear, soldiers & food.

Remember, transport unit need soldiers & food too
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Strategies and Secrets

Unread postby foosoomin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:59 am

xia kyoto,

just move the transport unit next to the unit you wanna supply, there's a command written supply, click it, do the necessary stuff accordingly
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:28 pm

foosoomin wrote:xia kyoto,

just move the transport unit next to the unit you wanna supply, there's a command written supply, click it, do the necessary stuff accordingly

I never knew this was possible, thanks!
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:23 am

xia kyoto,

This is not a secret, haha !!! Just a way to replenish units during marching

Enjoy the game :wink:
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dtjahyadi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 am

foosoomin wrote:xia kyoto,

This is not a secret, haha !!! Just a way to replenish units during marching

Enjoy the game :wink:

Holy moly, I didn't know that.

Do we just stick him besides the troops? Or we'll need to go into harbor and rearrange the troops?
Dtjahyadi
Apprentice

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 am

You can supply any unit on the battlefield.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 pm

Holy moly, I didn't know that.

Do we just stick him besides the troops? Or we'll need to go into harbor and rearrange the troops?

just move the transport unit next to it, then resupply

that's all to it, simple
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Phantomsmile » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 am

This ain't a strategy nor a secret, but a tip.

U can maximize your resource ( Food/ Gold) by using "Merchant" command.
All u need is -a city and -an officer with decent "POL"
Check your city's "Food:Gold" Rate every month
I'm playing ROTK XI: PC for several games and found the rate ranges from 3 to 7
3 means 1 gold worths 3 foods
7 means 1 gold worths 7 foods

How to do?

Well it's easy
U should sell food when it is pricy which means "The rate is lower" i'e., 3 or 4 or even 5 if u want.
And Buy Food when it's cheap meaning the Rate is 6-7.

By checking your city's Rate every month and determining whether BUYing or SELLing food - u can maximize your resource.
Phantomsmile
Tyro

Unread postby cryptguardian » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:18 pm

I actually don't even bother with building food buildings. Just build the necessary buildings to wage war and pump the rest into markets. Then just buy loads of food when exchange rate is most favourable.
Additionally, Politics gives a %'age bonus on top of market exchange rate- ie. POL of 100= 114% .

The trick is as follows- lets say we have 10K GOLD/ 5k FOOD- with 7 exchange rate, 100 POL officer; & for the purpose of this lets assume the proletariat don't starve at 0 food:

1st TURN: Use all GOLD for FOOD; 0 GOLD + 5,000 FOOD (10,000*7x*1.14=79,800 FOOD)=84,800 FOOD & 0 GOLD;
2nd TURN: Sell all FOOD for GOLD; 84,800/7*1.14= 13,810 GOLD & 0 FOOD;
3rd Turn: Buy enough FOOD to get GOLD back to 10,000; so 10,000 GOLD & 30,404 FOOD (3,810*7*1.14=30,404 FOOD).

Profit= 25,404 FOOD for the month with 100 POL officer.
Albeit practically you get little less profit as you don't want to drop FOOD to zero as to not starve the proletariat.

NB: In fact even at market rates of 3 the calculation yields a profit of 11,744 FOOD.
SO basically you should be using the market like this every month to gain even the smaller profits if the exchange rate happens to be low.
cryptguardian
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms