Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Biography Project

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Biography Project

Unread postby JamesD » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:36 am

Edited in by [site admin] James, thread re-named.

As we did in the past with <a href="http://kongming.net/10/biographies/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms X</a>, we have launched a Development Project page for collecting biographies from Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI. The goal is simple and anyone with an English copy of Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI can contribute. The collected biographies will be displayed on Kongming’s Archives (in a stand-alone project and, later, in a biography project featuring content from many Koei Three Kingdoms games), and will also be converted into a plain text ‘FAQ’.

<b>Create a Kongming’s Archives Account!</b>
If you haven’t already done so, please create a <a href="http://kongming.net/account/">Kongming’s Archives user account</a>. In addition to giving you access to several sections of the site, this account also gives you access to public projects in the Development Project such as this one.

<b>Development Project Page</b>
http://kongming.net/development/games/r ... aphies.php
Log in with your Kongming’s Archives user-account and edit away! You will be able to enter information for most every officer in the game. If you are working with officers that do not appear to be in the database please post a reply and we’ll look into it (or if you are a full member of the Advanced Officer Editor of the Development Project, you can add whoever is necessary). Usually, only certain new women won’t already be found in the database.

If you don’t see it automatically, select it from the top right-hand drop down menu. This menu features all the Development Projects you have the ability to edit—there are now about four or five public development projects.

<b>Kongming’s Archives Project Home Page</b>
http://kongming.net/11/biographies/
Here biographies you enter will be displayed, in real time, for all to see! As soon as you edit or add a biography it will show up on this page. When we have a decent collection of biographies the page will be linked to the main site and officially announced.

If you have any questions, post here!
If you are participating, post here and let us know what you think!

<b>Development Project</b>
The Development Project is an ongoing project of Kongming’s Archives designed to let the community contribute content, making projects possible when they might have been impossible for me to handle alone in times past. Ultimately, it will allow Kongming’s Archives to become a user-driven experience, and to grow with the community. Regular contributors to the Development Project can be honored with custom titles, access to Odds & Ends (a download-rich secret section of the site), and other goodies such as a kongming.net or the-scholars.com email address).

<hr>
I was wondering if people would like to contribute to it.
JamesD
Langzhong

Re: ROTKXI officer bio's

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:48 am

JamesD wrote:I was wondering if people would like to contribute to it.

Contribute to what?
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:23 am

It is part of the kongming development project I think, would contribute but only have RTK VIII
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby JamesD » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:06 pm

Kong Wen wrote:

Contribute to what?

To Romance of the three kingdoms 11 officer bios for the encyclopedia project.
JamesD
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Okay, to elaborate JamesD originally asked about a project to collect biographies from Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI—something that sounds pretty cool because they aren’t bad short biographies. We did something similar with <a href="http://kongming.net/10/biographies/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms X</a> and collected a pretty large amount of biographies.

Basically, there is a Development Project page that anyone can use to update and <a href="http://kongming.net/development/games/r10/biographies.php">manage biographies for Three Kingdoms X</a>. Anyone with a Kongming’s Archives account can contribute to it (you don’t need special activation for this project). I said I would create a similar project for Three Kingdoms XI if a few people were interested in editing it. :)

So if anyone here is interested, let me know!
We can put them all together on Kongming’s Archives if so.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:00 am

JamesD wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:

Contribute to what?

To Romance of the three kingdoms 11 officer bios for the encyclopedia project.

i'd love to, can u gimme a link to this stuff, I always wanted to contribut stuff
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:29 am

jebusrocks wrote:i'd love to, can u gimme a link to this stuff, I always wanted to contribut stuff

I’ll try to set everything up here in a few days. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:22 pm

I assume this should either be in the KMA or the RTK section of the forum. That's the only reason I was confused. I'll let James decide.
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby JamesD » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:36 pm

James wrote:
jebusrocks wrote:i'd love to, can u gimme a link to this stuff, I always wanted to contribut stuff

I’ll try to set everything up here in a few days. :)

Can you PM me when it is set up?
JamesD
Langzhong

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 pm

JamesD wrote:Can you PM me when it is set up?

Or just post here. I'm sure there are others who'd be interested in contributing as well. :)
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms